Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 03-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
My clutch issue, and SB #09-05-22-005A

Ok like many of you I'm experiencing the sticky clutch pedal on launches, clutch smoke and what ever else goes along with this problem.

I have had my car to my local dealership a few times with documentation for the different bulletins to prove there is an issue. They have been dragging their feet on this and today I finally went to them and showed that I did have another issue that needed to be taken care of.

My Master Cylinder Reservoir has a leak and it seems to be coming from the cap itself. I was told this is one of the first things that GM will do to address this clutch issue. I think it's a line of BS that this could be the source of what we are experiencing with the sticky clutch pedal, but I'm not a mechanic.

Here is the Service Bulletin #09-05-22-005A
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SB #09-05-22-005A.pdf (1.96 MB, 226 views)
Old 03-29-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
summitss/rsls3

Drives: summit white/IOM ss/rs ls3
sounds like crap to me! just another sidestep from GM to avoid the real problem.
summitss/rsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:19 AM   #3
jnm2003

Drives: O2 GMC & 2010 camaro SS IBM 6M
Ive been researching and researching and havnt came across the cap being an issue. Im having the same problems and have done many different things that helped tremedously but still does it.
After tonight when racing a buddy 3 times i noticed that it stuck to the floor and it hasnt done it in a while. Well when i got home I popped the hood and low and behold i have fluid splatter around my cap on top of the reservoir and some other splatter around the engine bay in the area of the reservoir. Ive never found anything to make me think that could have been the problem we are having.
But since he said there is that the cap is one of the first things to check and now that ive seen splatter around my cap then im going to try a new cap as soon as i can get my hands on one and see if it helps. Let me know what he dealer says.
But no i dont think the cap is the sole problem bc i do frequent fluid flushes with super dot 4 fluid from GM that has a higher breaking point and it helped the issue tremendously but still rarely does it. I will be doing the separate clutch reservoir as soon as i can get my hands on one but if this cap is a problem i will replace it just to see if it helps until i get my reservoir.

2010 camaro SS/RS Manual IBM.
NEW TIME 12.24 @ 114 mph. -[B] street tires, Hurst short throw, Halltech yellow jacket intake, AR long tube 1 7/8 headers, and a tune.
12.82 @ 110 MPH 1.92 60ft ALMOST Bone Stock ONLY MOD IS Borla mufflers.
jnm2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
The cap isn't a problem. I just sucked out some of the fluid to get it down to a level right around the seam where the top and bottom halves of the reservoir are joined. That cured the problem of always having some fluid sitting around the cap. I think it is just overfilled from the factory. The factory level was clear up into the filler neck of the reservoir.