Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 06-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #393
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaytalsCamaro View Post
It's because they did away with the region lock. More proof

THATS What I was looking/waiting for
Now I'm buying one for sure
Old 06-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #394
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Proof that no matter what you do you can not make everyone happy........

Rofl its true everybody can't be happy. I really looked forward to all the cool features. Not anymore.
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #395
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
Amazons best seller list (along with numerous news articles). There was also a poll on amazon which is now taken down for one reason or another. Xbox and PS4 kept flip flopping but as of yesterday Xbox surpasses PS4's numbers.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-v...pf_rd_i=468642
It looks like the PS4 launch day packages are sold out and Microsoft is still available. If the sales are neck and neck, then PS4 didn't allocate nearly the same amount as xbox did. And if sales were so close, why would Microsoft change anything?
Old 06-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #396
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
It looks like the PS4 launch day packages are sold out and Microsoft is still available. If the sales are neck and neck, then PS4 didn't allocate nearly the same amount as xbox did. And if sales were so close, why would Microsoft change anything?
Maybe they were expecting to womp their ass, and instead, they were just winning a little. Lmao
Old 06-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #397
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Not that it really matters but Xbox one did jump ahead of PS4 in sales as of yesterday....

"But lo and behold, this morning (6 a.m. ET), the XBox One has jumped ahead of the PS4 on the sales charts and is now the number one seller in the video games category. The PS4 has fallen to third with The Last of Us video game now second."

http://www.tvpredictions.com/consoles061813.htm

EDIT: just to clarify this is just the numbers from Amazon.

Last edited by ShnOmac; 06-19-2013 at 06:19 PM.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #398
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Maybe they were expecting to womp their ass, and instead, they were just winning a little. Lmao
this is true. Unless they release their exact numbers/allocations, we'll never know.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #399
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
this is true. Unless they release their exact numbers/allocations, we'll never know.
Exactly. Doesn't mean squat. I just like to stir the pot. But I will stick with my original thought that X1 is the superior system and will outsell PS4
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #400
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
(CNN) -- Reacting to "feedback from the Xbox community," Microsoft is appearing to reverse course and change two key components to policies for its new Xbox One video game console.

All disc-based games can be played without ever connecting online, and the 24-hour connection requirement has been dropped, according to an update to a May post concerning questions about the new device, due to be released this fall.

Additionally, there will be no limitations to using and sharing games, Don Mattrick, president of the Interactive Entertainment Business division, says in the post. People will be able to share, trade or resell their games in the same way they do for Xbox 360 games.

The changes indicate Microsoft is having second thoughts about some of its future plans with the Xbox One. The post read, "Update on June 19, 2013: As a result of feedback from the Xbox community, we have changed certain policies for Xbox One reflected in this blog. Some of this information is no longer accurate."

The company has been taking a public berating since it announced restrictions to used games and their requirement for an Internet connection. Consumers have been reacting with anger over the policies, but the tipping point may have been when Jimmy Fallon, host of NBC's "Late Night," pointed out that only the PlayStation 4 could freely play used games, which created more confusion.

The flogging became worse when Sony took to the stage at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) trade show and pointedly did not include such restrictions for the new PlayStation 4. A YouTube video produced by Sony made fun of the used-game restriction by showing how people could share games on the PlayStation 4 -- by just handing them to another person.

The new Xbox One used-games policy only affects disc-based games. Titles downloaded through Xbox Live cannot be shared or resold. Also, disc-based games must have the disc inside the console to play.

The changes being made also affect its proposed family sharing policy. Since Microsoft is allowing players to have the flexibility to use games offline, it will not be launching its family sharing plan, which would have allowed up to 10 family members to log in and play games from anywhere.

However, Marc Whitten, chief product officer for Xbox, told CNN the company still believes very deeply in its digital vision.

"So much of what we've built around our digital ecosystem still works," Whitten said. "It's what we building in how you can use your games. Our online vision and the Xbox One architecture really power the complete new experience in how the Cloud changes everything and we're massively invested in this."

He also said the flexibility the company added for physical-disc play will not change for the life of the Xbox One.

Whitten said there are no changes surrounding the addition of Kinect with the Xbox One. He said the company believes the motion sensor/controller is critical to building out the next generation experiences gamers are craving.

The Xbox One will cost about $100 more than Sony's PlayStation 4 ($499 versus $399), but officials at the Redmond, Washington-based company believe their console will be worth the value.

"While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content," Whitten wrote in the blog post. "We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds."
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #401
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getrag View Post
Yall beat me to it. This is great news. Was gonna order an xbox one anyway and this just makes it more enjoyable. I wonder why they decided to cause all this trouble when it was so easy to reverse course?
Old 06-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #402
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Yall beat me to it. This is great news. Was gonna order an xbox one anyway and this just makes it more enjoyable. I wonder why they decided to cause all this trouble when it was so easy to reverse course?
Because its better the other way but what are they supposed to do when people can't get their shit together and accept new technology?
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #403
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Finally someone pulled their head out of their @$$
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #404
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Amazon split their preorders into 5 bundles (Not Sony) and are treating each bundle as a separate item thus splitting the numbers where as the Xbox 1 preorders are all combined into one. Until Amazon combines all PS4 preorders we won't know who truly is in the lead.

Also keep in mind that Gamestop, Walmart, and Best Buy all received more PS4's for preorder then they did the Xbox 1. Gamestop already stated they have already sold out of the initial allocation given to them by Sony and requested to have more while they still have a good amount of slots left of the original allocation for the Xbox 1.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #405
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
In light of their decision to allow free trading of games, Microsoft has decided to change the name of their new console to the Xbox one-eighty.

Yeah that was pretty stupid joke!
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #406
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Well on the best sellers link the Dtrimpri posted had ~5 ps4 pre-ordered on the top sellers list with just one of the launch edition xboxs on the list. So does that mean that ps4 is outselling xbox on pre-orders 5-1?