Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-08-2010, 12:38 AM   #29
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS View Post
Yep I'm an idiot, Lets see I have owned 2 BB CHEVELLES, 1 BB NOVA, 1 70 Z/28, 1 GN, 2 WS6'S, 2 FIREHAWKS, 2 GTO'S, AND NOW A CAMARO SS..

I work at a premier install center who races, builds some pretty cool stuff.
It was an observation, I am 46yrs old and to me other than the SLP, NICKEY,BERGER cars there is nothing real exciting comin out..I was also talking out loud when I said jump ship although last time I checked its my god given right

Me own a ford, well if its a 70 BOSS 302 or 70 429 SCJ TORINO then yes..
A new Mustang-------NEVER
So you still are and the craziest thing you're basing it off a car show meant to customize cars with accessories and electronics more than a "traditional" way. Why would you want to jump ship or sell your car because of the way some people customize their own cars.
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:02 AM   #30
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
I think the OP was trying to say he does not like the idea of the Camaro being portrayed more of a "tuner" type vehicle.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:12 AM   #31
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
I think the OP was trying to say he does not like the idea of the Camaro being portrayed more of a "tuner" type vehicle.
true i believe that as well , considering it sounds like he comes from the more classic muscle it is hard for him to adapt to the more tuner like style !! and i agree some of the aftermarket parts do look very rice and i dont like them either !
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:14 AM   #32
camaroitalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER BULLITT View Post
true i believe that as well , considering it sounds like he comes from the more classic muscle it is hard for him to adapt to the more tuner like style !! and i agree some of the aftermarket parts do look very rice and i dont like them either !
Exactly, like the big blingy rims, all the low body kits and spoilers is not the imagined "Muscle Car" but more of a "Tuner". I am not a big fan of it either, but I think their fun to look at lol
Old 11-08-2010, 02:40 AM   #33
da-bizket

Drives: 1967 SS/RS
I have to agree with you. Most of the cars at SEMA look overdone.

Too much going on but, they are selling aftermarket parts....
da-bizket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:34 AM   #34
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
Exactly, like the big blingy rims, all the low body kits and spoilers is not the imagined "Muscle Car" but more of a "Tuner". I am not a big fan of it either, but I think their fun to look at lol
all that could be true but would you sell your car over someone elses car? it don't any sense?
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:56 AM   #35
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by da-bizket View Post
I have to agree with you. Most of the cars at SEMA look overdone.

Too much going on but, they are selling aftermarket parts....

This is the whole point of SEMA ... If people don't want to see all the aftermarket stuff, they need to stick with the new and concept shows like at Cobo Hall in Detroit ...
Old 11-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #36
camaroitalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
all that could be true but would you sell your car over someone elses car? it don't any sense?
no lol i was just saying. I dont think OP would actually sell his car, i think he just said that to get the message across on how he doesnt like how the camaro is being portrayed. Not to be taken to seriously...
Old 11-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #37
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
If you don't like that kind of styling, then don't do it to your car. I wouldn't "jump ship" over the way someone chooses to accessorize a product. That implies that the only thing you want is styling. Some might associate that sort of behavior as ricerish.

There's a lot of engineering that goes into a Camaro. Are you really going to ignore all of that R&D for a couple of specialty cars?
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #38
CyberDude

Drives: 2015 Lexus NX 200t F Sport
I must be getting old because I like the stock Camaro right from the factory. Some of the Camaros look really nice with aftermarket products and paint jobs but some just look ridiculous. I'll be able to deal with the not so nice Camaros as long as they keep posting all those pics with beautiful women from the Sema shows. LOL
CyberDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #39
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
Do you by any chance know who Sang Yup Lee is?
I believe that's an old old wooden ship used around the Civil War era.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #40
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
he is just mad because he cant afford anything there. go ahead and jump ship. take pride that you have a 5th gen. every one has there own taste.
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote