Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: If Only 420Hp?
Yes 54 68.35%
No 25 31.65%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2008, 09:50 PM   #15
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro0911 View Post
what did you hear about john hennessey?
That he had people's cars sitting in his shop for months AFTER the promised delivery date. He has parted out customer's cars for cash to work on other cars. He let one of his mechanics take a customer's vette for a spin and his mechanic crashed the vette and totally killed the entire front end, (there was a post about that on the vette forums, with pictures and everything.) He has called customers demanding more money than the initial price. I'm sure there's more, its been a few months since I read all of this.

Edit: Not to mention I've read several forum posts from him on a..I think it might have been a dodge forum... anyway, he was totally unprofessional, he was verbally attacking several of the forum members and using so much profanity that the forum mods had to remove his supplier status and ban him from the boards.

Last edited by Shadowsong; 08-02-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #16
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro0911 View Post
what did you hear about john hennessey?
same things about saleen. overpriced products for underpowered results
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:55 PM   #17
Camaro0911

Drives: 2002 Chevy Impala
well engine wise he does a damn good job at it I took my Ford GT to him so he could tune it for a 750hp and that is exactly what I got.
Camaro0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:25 PM   #18
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
I have already decided that 422hp is not enough for me. I've talked with Ligenfelter, Hennessey and Mallet and they are all very excited about this car. IMHO though Ligenfelter is to expensive, Hennessey is a.... well you know. My brother had a Hennessey Viper 850. After about 4k miles it blew a connecting rod and Hennessey told him it was his fault. WTF? Burnt bridge there buddy...no more money for you D**K! Mallet is right down the road from me and I can visit her anytime I want. He does turbo and supercharging so you can pick your posion. If I want more power that's where I'm going.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #19
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I wonder if Banks Engineering will have anything. They're right down the road from me and I've met Gale Banks.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:00 AM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
If 420HP isn't enough for me, the first place I'll contact would be Tom Henry.
Would you mention my name too, please?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:18 AM   #21
str8himalaya
A lot to learn!

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
420 HP not enough?! I might put a CAI and a catback with a tune on it, and thats it. How is 420 not enough horsepower? I feel extremely out of place, i thought getting around 300 HP in my GTP was great, i hear a number over 400 and i want to buy the car today. lol. I guess if i were taking it to the track a lot, i might put some more money in it, but this is my everyday car, and i want it to last as long as possible. Only car i have been in with more than 400 HP was my dads '69 z28, and that almost scared me. It also started my love for camaros. If i have anymore than 475, i will be in way too much trouble with the police

Current Mods:
-Spectre CAI
-Straight piped
-Power Wedge
str8himalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:36 AM   #22
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8himalaya View Post
420 HP not enough?! I might put a CAI and a catback with a tune on it, and thats it. How is 420 not enough horsepower? I feel extremely out of place, i thought getting around 300 HP in my GTP was great, i hear a number over 400 and i want to buy the car today. lol. I guess if i were taking it to the track a lot, i might put some more money in it, but this is my everyday car, and i want it to last as long as possible. Only car i have been in with more than 400 HP was my dads '69 z28, and that almost scared me. It also started my love for camaros. If i have anymore than 475, i will be in way too much trouble with the police

im with you man . i dont think i would need much more HP than that.and the highways out here in Dallas suck balls.theyre all torn up and crappy.the grooves in the road wanna drag you into the wall if you have fat tires on anything.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:01 AM   #23
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8himalaya View Post
4th Gen w/ 335hp at 3,500lbs.

5th Gen w/ 420hp at 3,900lbs.

See where I'm getting at? Sure, my 4th Gen is fast. And, when I heard the 5th Gen was getting nearly 90hp more over my current SS, I nearly flipped! Then, I found out that it also gained weight....LIKE 400LBS! So, ask youself again if 420 is enough......

I like the get up and go in my 4th Gen. I want get up and go in the 5th Gen....but with even more umph.

So yeah....420 COULD possibly not be enough.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:22 AM   #24
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
4th Gen w/ 335hp at 3,500lbs.

5th Gen w/ 420hp at 3,900lbs.

See where I'm getting at? Sure, my 4th Gen is fast. And, when I heard the 5th Gen was getting nearly 90hp more over my current SS, I nearly flipped! Then, I found out that it also gained weight....LIKE 400LBS! So, ask youself again if 420 is enough......

I like the get up and go in my 4th Gen. I want get up and go in the 5th Gen....but with even more umph.

So yeah....420 COULD possibly not be enough.
I wish I had a current Camaro for comparison. A V6 will be a massive boost for me, but I've fallen in love with this car and want a V8 to keep in my garage for years to come as a classic. I'm not worried about the horsepower improvement over my current car, but I am worried about the feel of the weight. The V8 will have a superior suspension to compensate. I know that the V6 has a great suspension, as well, but it doesn't weigh that much less. I'm really hoping that V6 buyers don't feel the weight so there isn't any disappointment with the feel of the car.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:27 AM   #25
ULTIMATEORANGESS

Drives: 1999 Hugger SS 2005 QS GTO
Smile

i'll start with a catback, CAI and tune and go from there. these cars are meant to be modified. you can bet GMPP will have a ton of parts for 5th gens.
ULTIMATEORANGESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:17 AM   #26
fredl11

Drives: 2000 TT SS Camaro
Thumbs up Avoid Hennessey!

like the plague. Some Viper guys got screwed blued and tattooed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse View Post
Screw Hennessey, if you have that much money to burn I say go Lingenfelter, that way you will actually get what you pay for. And considering what the LS3 puts down with just a cam swap there is no need to take it them for just 500hp.

Stick with Lingenfelter, Mallet, Berger, Tom Henry and maybe Callaway.
Daytona Sunset Orange 06 C6 Waiting for C7
2005 Sunset Orange Colorado Replaced with 2010 GMC Sierra SLE
fredl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #27
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
What ever won't void warranty. A nice dual exhaust, intake for better rumble and 23hp will boost it to 450HP. Thats more then enough. If you want more with the LS3 manual, just put 4.10: gears in the pumkin. That will be plenty to run 12's in the 1/4.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #28
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I wish I had a current Camaro for comparison. A V6 will be a massive boost for me, but I've fallen in love with this car and want a V8 to keep in my garage for years to come as a classic. I'm not worried about the horsepower improvement over my current car, but I am worried about the feel of the weight. The V8 will have a superior suspension to compensate. I know that the V6 has a great suspension, as well, but it doesn't weigh that much less. I'm really hoping that V6 buyers don't feel the weight so there isn't any disappointment with the feel of the car.
The only way I'm going to feel the weight of the Camaro is if my wife runs over my foot while learning to drive stick.