Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
rtcage

Drives: 2010 2SSRS RJT
Egging, Keying and other defacement

I keep seeing threads concerning "my car was egged," or "my car was keyed," etc. Hopefully I don't jinx myself, but in 21 years of driving over 15 cars, this has never happened to me.

Whenever something like this happens to someone, I tend to think it's either a feud with someone they know or retaliation for cutting someone off or bad parking habits.

Do you think there's unusual jealousy toward this car that is causing all of this or is it more along the lines of what I'm thinking (feud, bad driving, etc.)?
rtcage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
All of the above but in addition, this car sticks out like a sore thumb. It also screams "AMERICA, F*%k yea!" and it comes across as a gas guzzler ruining the planet. This just adds to the feud, dumb kids, etc. I was going to go to a party last weekend but would've had to park my car in a field with tons of drunk college kids around. I ended up not going partly out of fear of someone screwing with my car for the helluvit.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
Sandi2010
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcage View Post
I keep seeing threads concerning "my car was egged," or "my car was keyed," etc. Hopefully I don't jinx myself, but in 21 years of driving over 15 cars, this has never happened to me.

Whenever something like this happens to someone, I tend to think it's either a feud with someone they know or retaliation for cutting someone off or bad parking habits.

Do you think there's unusual jealousy toward this car that is causing all of this or is it more along the lines of what I'm thinking (feud, bad driving, etc.)?
I think it is typically someone you know ... random acts can happen too, but who knows. I have been lucky - nobody has done anything to the car. I even had a guy at Starbucks approach me and tell me he thought the guy (who happened to be walking in) had just dinged my passenger door. A quick inspection showed nothing, but I was grateful to the gentleman letting me know.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
UncleBenny

Drives: 2009 G8 GT
Quote:

I'd go with bad driving, parking like an asshole, things like that. Especially the parking thing, you're just asking to get keyed if you park in multiple spots or do something along those lines.
UncleBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
rtcage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
All of the above but in addition, this car sticks out like a sore thumb. It also screams "AMERICA, F*%k yea!" and it comes across as a gas guzzler ruining the planet. This just adds to the feud, dumb kids, etc. I was going to go to a party last weekend but would've had to park my car in a field with tons of drunk college kids around. I ended up not going partly out of fear of someone screwing with my car for the helluvit.
Hadn't thought about the "Team America" and ECO issues. I guess that would be a reason too, sort of the "Hummer Effect" but not quite as bad. I still think it's more driving, parking and personal issues through.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Hadn't thought about the "Team America" and ECO issues. I guess that would be a reason too, sort of the "Hummer Effect" but not quite as bad. I still think it's more driving, parking and personal issues through.
Oh I agree. I highly doubt someone would key a Camaro just because it's a Camaro and it's killing the planet. But it certainly isn't going to help the case. But people do dumb stuff when they're drunk. So if you're parking near night clubs, etc, all bets are off.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #7
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBenny View Post
I'd go with bad driving, parking like an asshole, things like that. Especially the parking thing, you're just asking to get keyed if you park in multiple spots or do something along those lines.
Exactly...or driving like an idiot...both the parking and innappropriate driving are sure to bring retribution. There isn't a car in the world that needs to be parked across multiple spots (even if you park at the end of the parking lot). The retribution for either may not be immediate...the person may drive on and come back while you are in the store or inside your home.

Karma is a b*tch and these cars stand out...so they will attract the wrong attention if you ask for them to.

I'm not saying everyone that has had this happen deserved it...but I'm betting some of them did.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:25 PM   #8
rtcage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Oh I agree. I highly doubt someone would key a Camaro just because it's a Camaro and it's killing the planet. But it certainly isn't going to help the case. But people do dumb stuff when they're drunk. So if you're parking near night clubs, etc, all bets are off.
Totally agree. So far I refuse to take the car anywhere the parking sucks or anywhere I'll be drinking. While I never drive drunk, the car attracts way too much attention and my windows are tinted so it's not too hard for a cop to find a reason to pull me over. Fortunately we have two other cars that are much less conspicuous.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #9
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
I am always careful, no matter what car I have ever owned, or driven...even if I am parking next to someone else's 'not so new' car, I have total respect for other people's property, no matter how good or bad, that's just the way I was raised, and how I have raised my sons...
It hurts me to see other people's cars defaced in ANY way...I just got my first scratch/ding yesterday... :(
Some people just have no respect AT ALL, or are jealous, or just 'plain ol' mean and spiteful'...
I never am jealous of other people, even if they have a better house, car, etc...I am just happy for them, and I have always appreciated everything I have...that is a much easier way to go through life, IMHO...

BTW, I now have the BEST CAR IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE!!!...lol...

Old 10-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #10
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
I highly doubt someone would key a Camaro just because it's a Camaro and it's killing the planet.

environmental terrorists routinely destroy hummers, some while still at the dealer and others just as they encounter them. They also target construction of homes. A V8 camaro would be a ripe target for these types.
JohnInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #11
mamaro

Drives: '10 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Well, one Sunday morning about 6 weeks after I brought my baby home, I went out to get the newspaper, and saw eggshells on the ground next to my car. I walked around the car, and sure enough, someone had thrown eggs at it. Our Silverado parked next to it didn't have any eggs anywhere near it. I drove around the neighborhood, and didn't see one eggshell.

Obviously, my car was the target. My guess was kids or young "adults". I am not a person that is disliked, so it couldn't be anyone I know. I would have thought if kids were just out having a "good time", there would have been more cars in the neighborhood egged. I could only think that someone saw the car and thought, "Yeah, you just think you have a hot car."

I just can't fathom the mentality.
mamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #12
coolman

This is what you need.
Attached Images

coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:38 PM   #13
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
I just tell people it's the new Volt coupe. I get about 50/50 buy-in on that one

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #14
DC-SS

Drives: Imperial Blue 2010 Camaro 2SS
Arrrg... Maybe I should just put a ding in my door myself and get it over with, lol...
DC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote