Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
almarlowe

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Headers compatible for my THR cat backs

I purchased a 2010 2SS from Tom Henry Racing Chev. which had THR cat backs installed. I want to install headers but THR said they have 2 stiles of cat backs-one for stock CI manifolds and one for SS headers. Their SS headers wont fit because they installed the stock CI manifold cat backs. Can I buy SS headers which will fit my THR cat backs. I know they wont bolt but isnt there an after market SS header which will? The cat backs are typical x pipe type. Here is the link to their website
http://www.tomhenryracing.com/parts/camaroexhaust.htm

I have to believe there is a way.
almarlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
bmbbl be

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
there stuff looks like staiinless works parts.....i would call them
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #3
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
I have the same set up. I live in Pittsburgh also and Tom Henry did my exhaust and my supercharger. They did a great job and the power is great. Do you have a supercharger. They put a Edelbrock on mine. I own a car lot on the southside (Southside Motors) if you are ever in the area stop in and let me check you Camaro out. I can't decide what to do next.
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by almarlowe View Post
I purchased a 2010 2SS from Tom Henry Racing Chev. which had THR cat backs installed. I want to install headers but THR said they have 2 stiles of cat backs-one for stock CI manifolds and one for SS headers. Their SS headers wont fit because they installed the stock CI manifold cat backs. Can I buy SS headers which will fit my THR cat backs. I know they wont bolt but isnt there an after market SS header which will? The cat backs are typical x pipe type. Here is the link to their website
http://www.tomhenryracing.com/parts/camaroexhaust.htm

I have to believe there is a way.
Congratulations on a new Camaro from Tom Henry!!

What you'll need to do is figure out what size the cat-back is, and then do some research into some header products to see if they match up...