Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #29
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
if GM priced the 1LE at $45-$48k I personally think thats fair. Do you seriously believe that its gonna be under $40k? the Fully loaded SS sells for $39k. GM is not stupid. why buy the SS if you can have the Better one for a $1k difference?
Simple. The SS ride quality is awesome. The 1LE ride quality is probably going to suffer. I personally wouldn't pay that much more for a 1LE especially with a track pack on a mustang GT costing $2500. Remember at that price the BOSS is essentially a whole new engine with completely forged internals and more power. Don't get me wrong. New gear ratios is nice as is transmission cooling and suspension, but that only brings so much value.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #30
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
a little price increase wouldn't hurt the 1LE. if its priced similar to the Boss its gonna do just fine.

and plus most people gonna be buying the 1LE are Hrdcore Track people and somebody that knows what the car is really for. those people are most of the time willing to pay a little extra.

if GM priced the 1LE at $45-$48k I personally think thats fair. Do you seriously believe that its gonna be under $40k? the Fully loaded SS sells for $39k. GM is not stupid. why buy the SS if you can have the Better one for a $1k difference?
The way the 1LE info was worded it is an SS option. So they are saying 1SS + 1LE is under $40K. Probably not by much. If you want to load up the 1LE with 2SS, RS, sun roof, and NAV then you are probably talking $47,500 (my guess).
Old 04-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #31
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
If I remember correctly, a LS3 crate engine is rated at 485 hp @flywheel thru GMPP.
Interesting....what's the difference? Different cams? A non-epa tune? Other parts?

Quote:
150 - seats
Damn. 150 lbs just for different seats?
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #32
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
Interesting....what's the difference? Different cams? A non-epa tune? Other parts?

Damn. 150 lbs just for different seats?
no accessories, and whatever intake and exhaust they wanted to throw on it at the time. probably one that flows better then most would once installed.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #33
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
a little price increase wouldn't hurt the 1LE. if its priced similar to the Boss its gonna do just fine.

and plus most people gonna be buying the 1LE are Hrdcore Track people and somebody that knows what the car is really for. those people are most of the time willing to pay a little extra.

That's what the Z28 is for. The 1LE is priced and built appropriately.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #34
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:

Why make a price increase.....????? And "track people" are more susceptible to paying a premium? Realy? They announced the price, so ...it is what it is. maybe you can't accept that. Your pricing is above base anyway. Take your fishing gear elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps69Z View Post
I'll have to keep my girlfriend out of it.
....at least of of the car....
Old 04-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #35
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps69Z View Post
I'll have to keep my girlfriend out of it.
Why???
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #36
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Why???
...well, ....because....ummmmm....I've been down that road before.......
Old 04-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #37
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:

You REALLY lost me on that one. Especially since this is a Z28 thread.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #38
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Why make a price increase.....????? And "track people" are more susceptible to paying a premium? Realy? They announced the price, so ...it is what it is. maybe you can't accept that. Your pricing is above base anyway. Take your fishing gear elsewhere.
Exactly!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #39
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
The way the 1LE info was worded it is an SS option. So they are saying 1SS + 1LE is under $40K. Probably not by much. If you want to load up the 1LE with 2SS, RS, sun roof, and NAV then you are probably talking $47,500 (my guess).
I guess.

I'm just saying that Instead of investing the money on the Nav, and fancy uneccesary equipment GM should've focused more on making the car light weight, balanced, and be a track monster. I personally think that making the 1LE a light weight track built car instead of just an option package for the SS would've been better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
That's what the Z28 is for. The 1LE is priced and built appropriately.
I don't know about the Z28 but if the Z28 is something like the GT3 RS that would be great. But I doubt that there's gunna be one. I think this it. And maybe GM makes the 1LE a stripped down Street Legal Race car. I guess will not know what the 1LE is exactly gunna be till it comes out.

All we can do is wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
You REALLY lost me on that one. Especially since this is a Z28 thread.
The thread tittle said 1LE Horsepower. idk where you got Z28 thread.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #40
Fraxum

I hope we get that 1LE section soon. I will hang out there. I want one and it's at the limits of what I won't feel guilty about spending. Anyone else feel that guilt? And here I am a supposed Track liking guy.

But I will come back here to envy the LS7 Z28 with MRC and Recaro options once it is built.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #41
Fraxum

Quote:
The thread tittle said 1LE Horsepower. idk where you got Z28 thread.
Hoping for a 1LE section soon. But this is the Z28 forum.

And the 1LE is not a Z28 and it is not a ZL1. And something different than an SS.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #42
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Hoping for a 1LE section soon. But this is the Z28 forum.

And the 1LE is not a Z28 and it is not a ZL1. And something different than an SS.
I just reliezed that. Lol. My apologies.

I know that the 1LE is not the Z28 or ZL1 or SS. But I wus just really hopping that the 1LE would be the car that would have the Recaro Seat, stripped down interior, light weght, and Track Built suspension.

I guess the 1LE is not what I expected it to be.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote