Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-10-2014, 02:05 AM   #15
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I too use the SanDisk Cruiser in BOTH of my GM cars, ones a 16 gb, ones a 8gb....neither has ever missed a beat. You can get them all day long at 16 gb on ebay for about $12
Old 05-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #16
Digitalist

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
got it working --- it was something with that particular stick that was incompatible -- tried another stick and it works now. 3 out of the 5 I tried don't work and nobody can tell me why -- all three are technically identical (fat32 with MP3s).

yzark99 -- for the custom playlists, did you accomplish that with M3u files?
Digitalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:38 AM   #17
VeeGeeTea
LEXi is Sassy and Classy

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS Boston Acoustic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalist View Post
So frustrated...

I just bought this Camaro a month ago and over the course of that month I've tried everything to get this thing to work. My last car stereo was usb compatible so I'm familiar, but no matter what I try this one won't do what it's sposed to. I'm starting to wonder if this thing is for power/charging only or what?

I've read to and tried formatting my usb as FAT32 and all of the audio files as MP3. I've tried formatting it as NTFS. I've tried audio files in directories, I've tried putting them all in the root directory, but thus far, no luck.

I'm open to suggestions and ideas -- got any?

(I made a new thread for this post because the other one I found was from 2011 and I didn't wanna necro it.)
GM was kind enough to inform me that you cannot have an USB over 32GB if your vehicle predates MyLink. You'll nee to format it as FAT, not FAT32. Now, you'll only need to set the unit size to 64kb if you are primarily using it for watching videos, otherwise leave it at 32kb or lower. It'll primarily support mp3 then wma. If you were to use wma, you cannot encode it as wma pro or wma lossless.
VeeGeeTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:16 PM   #18
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
No i dont have the mylink - touch screen. I have the basic lower-end stock radio.

Quote:
Do you have the MyLink head unit w/ touchscreen and whatnot? I only ask because I don't -- but I don't think it's required in order to read MP3s direct from USB. Can anyone confirm?

The car is with the dealer currently (torque converter replacement) and they swear they've gotten it (the aux usb) to work during testing but only with an iphone -- I've tried it with an android and direct from usb and have gotten nothing out of it. We'll see what they're doing differently when I pick it up.

Stay tuned... more to follow.
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:51 PM   #19
VeeGeeTea
LEXi is Sassy and Classy

Quote:
Do you have the MyLink head unit w/ touchscreen and whatnot? I only ask because I don't -- but I don't think it's required in order to read MP3s direct from USB. Can anyone confirm?

The car is with the dealer currently (torque converter replacement) and they swear they've gotten it (the aux usb) to work during testing but only with an iphone -- I've tried it with an android and direct from usb and have gotten nothing out of it. We'll see what they're doing differently when I pick it up.

Stay tuned... more to follow.
FYI... The only mobile device that works is the iPhone. For Android and Windows Phone... There is always an issue with playback. Especially when the mp3 or wma aren't located on the too folder of the device.
VeeGeeTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:35 PM   #20
Digitalist

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
Sorry to raise a dead thread but for anyone that stumbles upon this looking for answers - I've sussed out, tested, and confirmed the fix - and confirmed that the system will support up to a 64GB drive. The big trick that GM isn't technically adept enough to figure out and/or articulate to the rest of us, is that the partition must be flagged as 'Active'.

Here's how to do it.
https://tinyempire.com/notes/ntldr/m...tionactive.htm

Bouncing around this forum I've seen a couple of threads with some conjecture about block size and partition size.... but formatting the partition as FAT32 and marking the partition as 'active' is the key to making it work every time.

Good luck!
Digitalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:58 AM   #21
VeeGeeTea
LEXi is Sassy and Classy

Quote:
So frustrated...

I just bought this Camaro a month ago and over the course of that month I've tried everything to get this thing to work. My last car stereo was usb compatible so I'm familiar, but no matter what I try this one won't do what it's sposed to. I'm starting to wonder if this thing is for power/charging only or what?

I've read to and tried formatting my usb as FAT32 and all of the audio files as MP3. I've tried formatting it as NTFS. I've tried audio files in directories, I've tried putting them all in the root directory, but thus far, no luck.

I'm open to suggestions and ideas -- got any?

(I made a new thread for this post because the other one I found was from 2011 and I didn't wanna necro it.)
There is a size limit on the 2LT 2012.
I believe the maximum size is 32GB.
If you go over that then the radio won't read it.