Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
My Camaro was born in Canada, Resides in Canada and Eats Snow For Breakfast!

Here are some winter pics of my Victory Red 2LT RS. My winter tires and rims from tirerack.com are really handling well and I have had no problems to date driving. For reference, we have quite a bit of snow. It snowed about 4 inches last night and this winter probably a total of about 15-20 inches. Driving has been kinda sketchy on the days immediately after the snowfall, but I have gotten around. It is much easier to get around after some snow plowing has been done. Anyway, winter tires are a MUST if you are driving this car in the winter, but it handles the snow very well. It eats snow for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Here is a link to my thread about the tires/rims and tirerack.com

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45533

And a link with the tires installed on the car before the snow hit....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47939

Here are some winter pics of the car

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
'70 RS

Drives: '69,'70,'10 camaro
looks at home
'70 RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
I like those rims, they look kinda like late fourth gen SS rims.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Those rims look like the same ones I got for my snow tires at TireRack.com...I have gotten many, many compliments on the wheels...

My husband took out the centers and replaced them with centers with bowties, so they would look like my 20" Polished Aluminums...........
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2009, 07:06 AM   #5
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluch View Post
Here are some winter pics of my Victory Red 2LT RS. My winter tires and rims from tirerack.com are really handling well and I have had no problems to date driving. For reference, we have quite a bit of snow. It snowed about 4 inches last night and this winter probably a total of about 15-20 inches. Driving has been kinda sketchy on the days immediately after the snowfall, but I have gotten around. It is much easier to get around after some snow plowing has been done. Anyway, winter tires are a MUST if you are driving this car in the winter, but it handles the snow very well. It eats snow for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Another winter success story, love to hear the positive feed back, and just proves the great job GM did on building this car

Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
Those rims look like the same ones I got for my snow tires at TireRack.com...I have gotten many, many compliments on the wheels...

My husband took out the centers and replaced them with centers with bowties, so they would look like my 20" Polished Aluminums...........
I see you're in good company, where you live, having, what looks like, a neighbour with a C4 vette.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #6
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Another winter success story, love to hear the positive feed back, and just proves the great job GM did on building this car

I see you're in good company, where you live, having, what looks like, a neighbour with a C4 vette.
'GOOD CATCH' ON THE C4, FRANK!!!!...you are quite observant!!!...

ACTUALLY, THAT IS OUR 1995 C4 CORVETTE...WE BOUGHT IT USED 3 YRS AGO, AND IT USED TO 'LIVE' IN THE GARAGE UNTIL THE CAMARO WAS 'BORN'...THEN IT GOT MOVED TO THE DRIVEWAY, BUT IT WAS SUCH A PAIN TO DO THE 'CORVETTE SHUFFLE', MOVING THE CARS EVERY TIME WE WANTED TO DRIVE THE CAMARO, SO MY HUSBAND MADE ANOTHER 'DRIVEWAY' NEXT TO OUR REAL DRIVEWAY FOR THE 'VETTE...

(last weekend we moved the 'Vette to my Dad's garage and 'not a moment too soon', since we had 'the big one' (BLIZZARD) yesterday with more than 2 feet of snow)...

Here is a pic of the Camaro, Corvette, and my son's Grand Prix GTP in front of my house, before we added the 'driveway' to the right side of the real driveway, where we now keep the Corvette (at least we did until last weekend).....
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
mjlash22

Drives: 2007 Ford Fusion SE
haha looks good! good to hear some positive snow action from this car!
3000 = Accepted By Production Control 1/7/10 (TPW: 2/1/10)
3400 = Broadcast 1/23/10
3800 = Produced 2/2/10 (2G1FC1EV6A9189068)
4150 = Invoiced 2/5/10
4200 = Shipped
5000 = Delivered To Dealer
6000 = Delivered To Customer
mjlash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
bluch
OH CANADA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlash22 View Post
haha looks good! good to hear some positive snow action from this car!
ya. its not that bad really. but you have to be used to driving in some snow (which of course i am )

If you are experienced in winter driving, with the right tires it does just fine

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
Old 12-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #9
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Looks good man My car is still broken and in the shop. I had it towed via a flat bed truck last week and appearently I had timming issues with the computer. Simply put, the car wouldnt start no matter what I did.

Bluch,

You got the smoked taillights from http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/GTSGT4168.htm right? I got the carbon fiber ones but I think I like yours better. I can see the velcro on mine sometimes which gets annoying. Is your completely hidden or how does it hook up?

I think I'm gonna order that blackout set.

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:58 PM   #10
bluch
OH CANADA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
Looks good man My car is still broken and in the shop. I had it towed via a flat bed truck last week and appearently I had timming issues with the computer. Simply put, the car wouldnt start no matter what I did.

Bluch,

You got the smoked taillights from http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/GTSGT4168.htm right? I got the carbon fiber ones but I think I like yours better. I can see the velcro on mine sometimes which gets annoying. Is your completely hidden or how does it hook up?

I think I'm gonna order that blackout set.

Shaun
i did order from that website. They just have sticky 3M tape in 4 places on the back of the black outs and they just stick on over top of the taillights. Then I peeled of the "GTO" logos. When they are completely clean you can BARELY make out the white stickies behind there.

With running lights on:

And other pics with car turned off:

Old 12-22-2009, 01:48 AM   #11
CamK18

Drives: 2010 1LT Vic Red
Same here, car is handling perfectly in the snow. It being standard helps too.