Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-11-2007, 12:20 PM   #15
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
AWSOME PICS THANKS GUYS makes me very happy !!!!!!!! its the same car thats been here in az
Old 12-11-2007, 12:30 PM   #16
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
And unless my eyes decive me, the 4th pic; there's mesh for the intake-vent opening
Dragon, I doubt you've seen anything, i'ts all camo.

Some thoughts:
-Damn the roof is low!!!! Surely no possibility for a sunroof now... and possibly poor headroom. Grrr, this is not looking good - looks good on the car but nor for us taller folks.
-Some of the wheels look tiny too. I know they're just testing and none of this is final.
-Really hard to make out the hood intake aside from what you see where the hood meets the bottom of the windshield.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:36 PM   #17
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerScotsman View Post
Dragon, I doubt you've seen anything, i'ts all camo.
smartass.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:38 PM   #18
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Looks like we have pics of both the V6 and v8 prototypes. Notice how they cleverly hid the exhaust tips as much as possible on them. The two prototypes parked next to the blue Mustang convertible look like the V8s and the solo shot prototypes look like they have 17 inch rims on them which I guess are the V6 models.

The V8 models look fantastic with those rims IMO, and fill out the the huge wheel wells very nicely with the 19-20 inch rims. If they are also developing the top dog at the same time, I'm guessing the car with the dark finish, gun metal rims right next to the blue 'stang is our top tog, and the one next to it is the regular V8. The V6 models could use bigger rubber though.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:17 PM   #19
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
It is raining and snowing here. I just received this e-mail, and I swear, it feels as if the Sun just peaked out.

These pics are awesome. The nose looks a little bigger, but, and it may just be me, but she looks a little taller. I have no cmplaints at all about these pics and the changes made. I think this is the production version we can all look forward to. I am psyched. Let get it shined up GM and remove those triangles.
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #20
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Anyone else think that is the OnStar or XM Radio antennae on the roof just over the rear window?

Also...are we sure there aren't 3 cars? Check out pics 1-4...that car has the same wheels on it.

It appears that the cars in the pic with the Mustangs have different wheels on them.....yes, different between those two, but also different from the first 4 pics.

Maybe it's just me.

Last edited by Silverado; 12-11-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
YAHOOOOO!!!

Now this is COOOOL.

There are 4 different sets of rims on the car. They are surely testing wheel sizes as well. There's so much that go into the testing.

I can see the door sills on the bottom...they are there. It looks to be the same to me as on the concept.

Yes, I CAN see the air intake mesh grill thingy in front of the rear tire in pic #4. It's there. Obviously, there's a white triangle over it. But, you can tell it's there.

No, I can't see the reverse lights anywhere on the pictures. They have done a seriously good job at covering up the features of the Camaro.

Now...why do you think there are two Mustangs sitting beside the Camaro? Hmmm.....for testing purposes? Let's run them together? See how they compare side by side? Just to make sure every area has been covered to make the Camaro that much better.

This is great news folks. I can't wait for more pix. Now, if we can only get the photographer to get up closer and snap some more. C'mon!!! Get those pix of the interior! Get up close! No black suburbans are going to haul you off!!! JUST DO IT!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #22
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This is exactly what I hoped the Camaro would be. It looks just like the concept except the cowl hood is significantly smaller and it's hard to tell what's under the rear blankets.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:41 PM   #23
$¢'s 5th Gen

Drives: SUV & Chaparral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
Anyone else think that is the OnStar or XM Radio antennae on the roof just over the rear window?

Also...are we sure there aren't 3 cars? Check out pics 1-4...that car has the same wheels on it.

It appears that the cars in the pic with the Mustangs have different wheels on them.....yes, different between those two, but also different from the first 5 pics.

Maybe it's just me.

Nope, not just you. I saw that almost immediately. You can see 3 next to each other on the pic taken from the side and it looks like the mesh sticks up a little more,in the front, on the one closest to the camera. Air intake maybe???
$¢'s 5th Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:41 PM   #24
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
You can clearly see the bulge of the cowl induction hood in one of the pics. Glad to see that make it into the prototype, and presumably production. The roofline looks the same as the concept and hasn't changed much despite the 'raising of the roof'. Door handles are changed to look like the ones they use on the current Impala. The roof antenna looks just like the standard variety OnStar antenna that GM puts on all their cars. Based on the shots of them parked next to the two Mustangs, the two Camaros looks lower to the ground, wider and meaner than the 'stangs.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #25
$¢'s 5th Gen

Drives: SUV & Chaparral
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo View Post
Is it just me or does the back of the C pillar extends farther than the rear window like on the the NIssan Maxima? (look at the last pic)
That is just part of the camo. But what I cant tell is where is the gas cap?
$¢'s 5th Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #26
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

The roofline really isn't all that high. Shoot...it still sits lower than the Mustang! ...and wider...and is going to kick it's #$$%!!!!!

And, from these pix, it looks like they pulled off the b-pillars well. Looks good from those pix.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #27
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Why am I not seeing this 4th car?

all I see are the first four pics of the same car, and the fith one with the other two.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:51 PM   #28
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Oh...and let's all thank Dragon for the excellent find. When I said I'd expect to see them w/in a month, I didn't know that meant by the next morning!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

Great find, Dragon!!!

And...all I can say is I see two prototypes. That's it. I don't see 4 or 5 different cars. I see different wheels, but those are easily changed out. Only two...