Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #15
tstpierre

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT
I haven't dyno'd yet. I more than likely will this week.... maybe today to get a baseline. I'm kinda bored today haha.

Vince hasn't attempted to dial in for any of my mods yet, simply solved my misfirings and rear 02s. Once we have a few rounds of logs and flashes, I'll dyno it.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #16
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstpierre View Post
I haven't dyno'd yet. I more than likely will this week.... maybe today to get a baseline. I'm kinda bored today haha.

Vince hasn't attempted to dial in for any of my mods yet, simply solved my misfirings and rear 02s. Once we have a few rounds of logs and flashes, I'll dyno it.
Im on the roster but Im waitin on delivery of a cai and lt headers b4 I plunge in. Keep us posted with your results!
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #17
nallen00

Drives: '09 Coby SS/TC
Send a message via Skype™ to nallen00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD1
Exactly what is the relationship between Nallen and Trifecta?
Aside from our in-house projects, we're also consultants. Our job is to help companies develop/promote their products. We're doing this for Trifecta and ARH with our tuned LLT header package. NALLEN will be the exclusive source for this combination, so becoming a dealer was only natural.

Our tester will be up for ARH LT headers and tuning on the 24th:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65456

Now, to get something off my chest:

The LLT programming is viable and has been viable since December. This has been proven on both bolt-on and forced-inducted LLT's. In stock form, the LLT is in an extremely high state of tune. Vince informed his testers that there may be little or no gains, and still I'm reading posts about flawed programming/poor customer service. If you're testing a performance product with the knowledge that it may have little or no affect on power, you don't announce that the product itself is flawed. And if you do, don't announce that you've been treated unfairly when said company cuts you off...

Scrming, thanks for your detailed/unbiased reviews

- Nate
nallen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #18
ROD1
Retired

Ok, so let me see if I have this straight then. The stock tune is maxxed for the Bosch from the factory. Tuning will be to enhance the transmission shifts on an auto and to upgrade for mods: is this correct? What were the findings for tuning using higher octane for more hp? Hanoverfist got 20+ HP with his airaid and a tune. 23 hp is pretty darn good off just a cai. What hp gain did you get Beau with your cai and tune?
Old 02-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #19
ROD1
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD1 View Post
Ok, so let me see if I have this straight then. The stock tune is maxxed for the Bosch from the factory. Tuning will be to enhance the transmission shifts on an auto and to upgrade for mods: is this correct? What were the findings for tuning using higher octane for more hp? Hanoverfist got 20+ HP with his airaid and a tune. 23 hp is pretty darn good off just a cai. What hp gain did you get Beau with your cai and tune?
I feel ignored.......
Old 02-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #20
nallen00

Drives: '09 Coby SS/TC
Send a message via Skype™ to nallen00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD1
Ok, so let me see if I have this straight then. The stock tune is maxxed for the Bosch from the factory. Tuning will be to enhance the transmission shifts on an auto and to upgrade for mods: is this correct?
Correct.

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 02-14-2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: quoted deleted post
nallen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #21
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
As most potential customers here, I'm holding back until things get ironed out. Even Vince has stated there still things to learn with the Bosch. As Beuwolf stated, that means it's not done yet. Who is going to pay anything for unfinished software??

Also having to rely on 1 person for total troubleshooting is not ideal. If Vince is on a vacation, gets sick or run over by a bus, thats a potential situation I'd like to avoid if I need support.

I feel Beuwolf has been fair in his reviews of the Beta. He has even stated the positive results from the track. What I don't get is why he & Screaming are paying to be beta testers at all...especially since they now run the risk of no GM powertrain warranty.

Nate said "You took these risks knowingly...that's how testing works."
c'mon....that is silly and unprofessional.

As for Beuwolf's comments regarding no communication from Vince...well I never received answers to my inquires at all.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #22
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
There is a subforum for vendor experiences/reviews here.

In the future do not Hijack another thread only to bash the vendor's involved. You are free to make your own review and assessment of a vendor you have dealt with. In which, the Vendor is able to state his case.

Review threads are expected to follow the same rules as any other section of the website. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. And if either side of the debate is found to be doing anything illegal or unethical they will ultimately be permitted from posting on Camaro5.

I'm removing all off topic post from this thread. Feel free to start a review thread in the linked section above.

Thanks,

Chris
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #23
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Some good comments and questions by esperman as I'm also interested in a tune. Have to give Beuwolf and scriming thanks for going out on a limb and reporting thier findings good or bad so the rest of us can make a informed decision.
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #24
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by esperman View Post
As most potential customers here, I'm holding back until things get ironed out. Even Vince has stated there still things to learn with the Bosch. As Beuwolf stated, that means it's not done yet. Who is going to pay anything for unfinished software??
Also having to rely on 1 person for total troubleshooting is not ideal. If Vince is on a vacation, gets sick or run over by a bus, thats a potential situation I'd like to avoid if I need support.

I feel Beuwolf has been fair in his reviews of the Beta. He has even stated to be beta testers the positive results from the track. What I don't get is why he & Screaming are paying at all...especially since they now run the risk of no GM powertrain warranty.

Nate said "You took these risks knowingly...that's how testing works."
c'mon....that is silly and unprofessional.

As for Beuwolf's comments regarding no communication from Vince...well I never received answers to my inquires at all.

VERY GOOD POST..........

As nallen00 stated.... Quote :
"It was never claimed that you would see an increase in power. In fact, it was explained to you that there may not be any gain in power"

So after reading this thread & the other Thread, there is not much reason to pay anything let alone $600. on this now! IMHO

97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #25
MIKnam67
MIC

Drives: 2012 SSRS 6sp man Blk
If I have the cubic inches correct, the V6 is considerably higher HP per cubic inch than the LS3.
That being said, not as much room for improvement.
MIKnam67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #26
GTAHVIT
Blessed

For another opinion please go here.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65903

Please keep the conversations seperate.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #27
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
For another opinion please go here.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65903

Please keep the conversations seperate.
Ok... bit confused... your link points back to this thread...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #28
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ok... bit confused... your link points back to this thread...
crap...

Fixed

Thanks,