Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #29
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
I mostly get dirty looks about 75% of the time. Sadly, most fellow camaro drivers just put their nose in the air when I wave. Stang and charger drivers just act like they don't notice which makes me smile. I am sure they are like me, I notice every muscle car in the area when I am driving.

Never had a girl throw themselves at me while in the car, got alot of looks.

To the OP, maybe she just likes the camaros and has nothing to do with the fact you were in the car!!! LOL If she was lusting at you, I suspect that is a very "STRONG" marriage!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #30
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
I've been staging a personal boycott of WalMart since just after Thanksgiving... but when I was still going there I'd make every effort to NOT be in the Mustang. There's nowhere safe to park at a WalMart. Home Depot is a very close second.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #31
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
I must either (A) appear very unapproachable (B) Be really unattractive or (C) spend too much time in Afghanistan because this has never happened to me.

But Hooray for you.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #32
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Our car club gives out a "chick magnet" trophy every year.
Here's Camaro 5 member Chris from Ma receiving his:
www.valleycollectorcarclub.org
Attached Images

myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #33
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
I rolled down front street today and got a very similar response to the OPs from a 20 something woman standing on the sidewalk with her husband (or boyfriend maybe?) and another older gentleman, probably her father. She saw my car coming and pointed and smiled, the two guys looked around at my car as I passed. I didn't wanna be a douche so I didn't rev my engine as I rolled slowly past. I could see her checking the car out as I drove on down the street. I thought it was pretty cool, but stuff like that happens all the time around here. I'm one of the only AGM camaros around and people take notice.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #34
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
I must either (A) appear very unapproachable (B) Be really unattractive or (C) spend too much time in Afghanistan because this has never happened to me.

But Hooray for you.
Dont be so hard on yourself!!
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #35
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon View Post
So I was driving through Wall-mart after shopping, and everywhere I go I always get some head turns (in which I love). But this time was different I stop so people cross into the parking lot and there was a couple with two kids pushing a cart towards the parking lot and the lady pointed toward me and her husband (I suppose) he look and gave me a thumbs up and the kids was smiling too. Nothing special right, wrong the lady couldn’t take her eyes of my car and I, she kept looking as she pass and as she got into the parking lot she look back at me, (with my windows down sunglasses on ) with a sexy smile while biting on her pointing finger and smile again and waved. I am a married man of course I told my wife this story and laugh but does stuff like this happens to guys or gals?
I'm sorry.....but IMO....I think she was biting her finger and smiling at your CAR.....WANTING YOUR CAR.....not the driver.....don't ya think???

Old 07-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #36
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked 6 View Post
These threads always make me wonder if its just

I have yet to have a single woman throw herself at me over this car, or even compliment it. I'm just not buying that these cars attract that much attention because honestly....they are everywhere.
I see you live in Houston, and I in Orlando...

I think this is far less common in larger cities where the population of higher end cars (and many more Camaros is very obvious). I think I have had a 3 or 4 women give the stare and say "nice car!"..all were young though. I could totally understand the attention from women for people who live a bit outside the outskirts of metropolitan or less populated areas.

I don't believe it is that much of a magnet either. I have a cam and headers it sounds incredible... as such, I think if I have had 4 women compliment it, I have probably had 40 guys lol
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #37
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Nice one
Old 07-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #38
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
This car gets attention from all kinds of people. Guys will stop and stare while girls smile and wave. Yesturday one of guys I know came up to me and said he wanted to have sex with my car lol. Usually the women say they want to have sex IN the car (good luck pulling that off)....
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #39
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
"Yesturday one of guys I know came up to me and said he wanted to have sex with my car"
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #40
SixGracing

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Quote:
So I was driving through Wall-mart after shopping, and everywhere I go I always get some head turns (in which I love). But this time was different I stop so people cross into the parking lot and there was a couple with two kids pushing a cart towards the parking lot and the lady pointed toward me and her husband (I suppose) he look and gave me a thumbs up and the kids was smiling too. Nothing special right, wrong the lady couldn’t take her eyes of my car and I, she kept looking as she pass and as she got into the parking lot she look back at me, (with my windows down sunglasses on ) with a sexy smile while biting on her pointing finger and smile again and waved. I am a married man of course I told my wife this story and laugh but does stuff like this happens to guys or gals?
When my wife or girls drive the car it's constant! I get a lot of compliments too but they are interested more in the car than me.. LOL
Old 07-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #41
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Dude , she was looking at your car , you just happen to be in it , calm down and come down to reality , IT'S THE FREAKING CAR man , not you .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #42
Camaro EMT
10,060 Miles as of 06/21

Drives: ‘10 2SS/RS, ‘17 Colo ZR2, ‘98 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro
oh dear God! Why did u post those pics? My eyes are burning!!!!
The burning will stop eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquash1984 View Post
"All bleeding stops eventually." Camaro EMT

Patient: “This is my first time in an ambulance.”
Me: “Mine too.” LOL

Camaro EMT is offline   Reply With Quote