Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #15
NotAnInsider

Drives: just sold it. Feet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
No Worries mate.

Mine was Built on the first Saturday they worked OT ! Actually started down the line on Frid. Finnished Saturday.

Mine is tight as a drum and I have had absolutely no build problems , Rattles or squeaks.

Busted an output shaft in tranny ( Like others) But they made it right and fast!

They are still working Sats, so Thery aren't planning the big party til Saturday night!

Hopefully Healed and refreshed by Mon.
My question to you is this: Would you rather have a busted output shaft, or your car in QC for 3 weeks to make sure you don't get a busted output shaft? I'm genuinely curious.
NotAnInsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #16
NotAnInsider

Drives: just sold it. Feet!
In addition: How do you know you "started down the line" Friday and was built Saturday? How would one know that "my car is going to be a Friday car"? I've looked at hundreds of built sheets in the build system and I never see a predicted build DAY, just a build WEEK. Also, I've inspected the cars rather closely and I see nothing that would tell a customer when his/her unit started being built or was finished.

I suspect you guys are getting half-assed info from your dealers or Customer Service?
NotAnInsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #17
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnInsider View Post
My question to you is this: Would you rather have a busted output shaft, or your car in QC for 3 weeks to make sure you don't get a busted output shaft? I'm genuinely curious.
I would have to opt for the busted output shaft.

At least I got to bust it. and Had the car back fast. Broke Friday at 4 pm Monday had a tranny. KUDOS GM

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #18
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnInsider View Post
In addition: How do you know you "started down the line" Friday and was built Saturday? How would one know that "my car is going to be a Friday car"? I've looked at hundreds of built sheets in the build system and I never see a predicted build DAY, just a build WEEK. Also, I've inspected the cars rather closely and I see nothing that would tell a customer when his/her unit started being built or was finished.

I suspect you guys are getting half-assed info from your dealers or Customer Service?
Actually I had very reliable info. I was watching VINs being posted as the cars were being built also had a direct connection to DBC. and The plant. There are several people on this forum that work at the plant and provided that info to some.. I knew exactly each day when my car went to 3400
how many cars were built that day. Did the math.

Oh ya ...Its says on my Dealer work bench history that my dealer gave me... what day it was given a VIN. When I picked up the car.Hence ...Built

It was also one of the first VIN's off the line on Saturday and it takes more than a couple of hours to build a car so I know it started on Friday down the line. It was taking 20 hours to build a car when mine was built.

They were building 480 cars a day three days before my car was built and on monday and tues the same week they built 450 cars and actually shut the lines down early because they were a head of schedule.

Hows that for half ass info....I could tell you more but I am getting tired of typing.....No Disrespect meant.

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #19
coolman

who ever said "canadians don't drink" knows nothing about drinking.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:27 AM   #20
newy

Drives: 05 mc ss
If your gonna drink all day , you have to start before noon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
newy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #21
Buckbo

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Mine was built on a Saturday and had no problems at all. They may be even happier on the weekend due to the OT pay.
Buckbo is offline   Reply With Quote