Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
Bowtye8

Drives: 2000 Tahoe
Thinking new Camaro and have GMS

been debating of a new 2SS/RS or a 07 ZO6. Have a 6yr and 14 yr old. Would like to take the whole family out at times.

I read a few peeps got lucky and found there Camaro on a lot.
I have a change for GMS. If I get lucky and few the right one. Do I tell them up front or how does it work. Can it still be GMS plus market adjustment...etc....

Thinking of CGM w/ stripes loaded 2SS/RS......Somthing like this car. Beautiful.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25143

Thanks
Bowtye8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
You will not find many dealers willing to accept GMS pricing and even if you do it is only about a $1k-$2k discount. You can order through Scotty on here and have him drop ship the car to you, otherwise you will have to find a dealer near you that will accept it. You will need to tell your dealer up front BEFORE you place your order and get something in writing with the dealer managers signature stating that they will honor the supplier price. If you do not do this or if you only have the word of your salesmen they can easily go back on it. It has happened to several people on this site.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #3
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Well of course if you want 4 occupants you can't get a vette. So get the Camaro then.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
Bowtye8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Well of course if you want 4 occupants you can't get a vette. So get the Camaro then.
I agree. Just still love the Lemans blue ZO6

My last Vette sat in the garage more often than not. There are times were I would like to take the whole family out. So this Is the closest. Well maybe a new CTS-V
Old 06-03-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
hb-rocks

Drives: Chevy
I have the discount too however...been outta work since December so I'm in a bit of a holding pattern.......

Guess this gives em time to get some of the bugs ironed out.
Plus maybe by the time I'm ready to purchase, there could possibly be some new changes or the convertible may get a look.

Good luck with your decision.
hb-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
Bowtye8

no convertible for me. but if a LS7-427 was avail today I would be in line!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #7
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtye8 View Post
no convertible for me. but if a LS7-427 was avail today I would be in line!!!!!!
oh......be still my heart! i'm with ya there brother...........if they make it, i'll buy one!

as far as GMS, here's the scoop..............

if you order, there are plenty of great dealers that will give you GMS and put it in writing.

if you find one on the lot, you will have to be super, super lucky to get GMS. i did on mine that i found in MI, but it was only due to the timing.

rule of thumb is that if you find an SS on the lot, it's probably a backed out of pre-order. dealers usually take advantage of that and charge way over MSRP for them.

worse case senario is those same great dealers who will put GMS in writing on an order, will also do MSRP and maybe a tad less on the backed out pre-orders. GMS on my $36975 Camaro was about $2500.............

hope this helps, and good luck! i know where there was a yellow SS RS auto and a silver SS RS auto available at MSRP. pm me for the dealer info if you want it.

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #8
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
i have found dealers doing gms + (bs) market adjustment on in stock cars. many dealers will do gms on orders.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #9
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
i have found dealers doing gms + (bs) market adjustment on in stock cars. many dealers will do gms on orders.

gms + market adjustment is crap because they just make the market adjustment high enough that it wipes out your gms. Almost nowhere in AZ is honoring GMS however there are a lot of dealers here doing MSRP...no idea how the ones charging market adjustments plan on selling cars.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote