Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #57
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
Relax, I did not quote you. I enjoy reading your comments in the forum. EDIT: remove "everybody"...replace with "some". Geesh.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #58
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
At the Chevrolet dealership my daughter works at, phones are ringing off the hook for the Z/28.. The demand is there..
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #59
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
The price for what you get, if 70k is correct, is pretty fair.

Where this conversation will get interesting is if for the Sam 70k you can get a C7 that will outrun if at the same track. I personally think this what we will see. GM only said it was faster than a ZL1 by 3 seconds. They never said it was their fastest track car. I'm pretty sure a year old Z06 will rip the you know what out of a Z/28.

But I'll wait for the numbers and we will see how it shapes up and how the C7 shapes up. But it is pretty close to the old Z06.

This will continue to be a great conversation as the summer winds down and we see some numbers and comparisons.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #60
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
At $70K it makes a mid $50's C7 Z51 a bargain.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #61
orthojoe

Drives: Subaru BRZ, Porsche Boxster Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
At $70K it makes a mid $50's C7 Z51 a bargain.
I got a chance to see the new C7 in person yesterday. I had high hopes for the C7, but after seeing it in person I was a bit disappointed. These pictures make the car look good, but in person it's surprisingly underwhelming. The car definitely looks better in pictures than it does in person. Yes, the car looks better than the old one, but it's not fantastic. Maybe because it's the 'base' model and the Z version will be much better. You can tell it's a base model (huge fender gaps) and that subsequent models will have much more potential. The interior had the regular seats (non competition) and there was ZERO thigh bolstering. Totally flat (???). The interior console, again, is better than the old one by far, but only acceptable in terms of looks. The exhaust did sound very nice though. Maybe it was the ugly green color that made everything worse. I'm leaning back towards the Z/28 after seeing the C7 (base) in person. This is an opinion based solely on looks only. I think in terms of looks, the Z/28 will be much more aggressive and special than the C7 base.

orthojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #62
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
I say this because when the Z/28 was announced it seems like SOME who did not own a ZL1 was quick to say how the ZL1 was no longer the top dog Camaro. They seemed to almost be happy that those of us who did decide to buy a ZL1 where some how or in some way wishing we had waited or something to that extent. I posted this because the more I read about the Z/28 the happier I am with my choice of a more well rounded car in the ZL1. Period. No stab at the Z/28. No stab at 1LE, SS, RS or any other Camaro owner. It is how I feel about the "perceived" competition within the family that I think is ridiculous.

By the way, if you feel compelled to post how much you love you SS in this or any other section, please do. I would be proud to own one as well

I think everyone agrees with you. Whoops! I mean I suspect that some people, may in fact agree with some of what you have said above to some extent.

I for one agree with your statement and have seen the posts you are referring to and found them laughable. As if my current enjoyment of my ZL1 could ever be tainted by the promise of some car in the future that may be a better track tool. I'll enjoy the year or so of driving it, then trade it for something new. Because here are a few things the Z28 is NOT:

• A convertible
  • My life's mission
  • The reason I wake everyday
  • The best car I will ever own
  • The definition of me as a man
  • Currently available for sale
2005 CTS-V SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2010 CTS-V SOLD
2012 CTS-V coupe SOLD
2013 ZL1 vert SOLD
2016 Callaway Z06 SOLD
2019 Z06 SOLD

"I lived my life by one motto.......mottos are for losers" cvp33
cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #63
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTrunkMusic View Post
won't be that much.

Some forget how stripped down the car is. Big engine, and Jack-squat else. shouldn't be too bad.

What is it missing other than some insulation, optional A/C and optional radio?

The upgraded halos and fog lights?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #64
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
I say this because when the Z/28 was announced it seems like SOME who did not own a ZL1 was quick to say how the ZL1 was no longer the top dog Camaro.
To me the top dog Camaro is the COPO. Second is the Z/28. One of each please. And a ZL1 to be my daily driver. Then a Honda Accord for when I need to stop close to a red light and still see when it turns green.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #65
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
this will be the first Z28 the average Joe cannot buy. I was considering trading my 2011GT for one, but at 70,000.00 they can keep it. i would rather buy a new stripper 2014 gt500 and add a few bolt ons and have cash left over.

to me, the Z28 WAS going to be the hallmark of what chevrolet used to be. no nonsense performance. COPO cars were strippers. nothing faster in the entire world.

the 2014 Z28 is a lost cause already if nobody but rich white old men will ever have it.

Checrolet might as well not even make it. so dissapointing.
2011GT E85, Kooks 1-7/8", 3" offroad X, 2-7/8" overaxles, Roush mufflers, CobraJet intake, SCJ monoblade throttle body, drew 4.5" CAI, Boss302S exhaust valve springs, Baby CobraJet exhaust cams. 3.73 gears, lightweight 300A. 455rwhp @7800/410rwtq SAE 5000lb roller dynojet
assasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #66
Slapshot

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post
I got a chance to see the new C7 in person yesterday. I had high hopes for the C7, but after seeing it in person I was a bit disappointed. These pictures make the car look good, but in person it's surprisingly underwhelming. The car definitely looks better in pictures than it does in person. Yes, the car looks better than the old one, but it's not fantastic. Maybe because it's the 'base' model and the Z version will be much better. You can tell it's a base model (huge fender gaps) and that subsequent models will have much more potential. The interior had the regular seats (non competition) and there was ZERO thigh bolstering. Totally flat (???). The interior console, again, is better than the old one by far, but only acceptable in terms of looks. The exhaust did sound very nice though. Maybe it was the ugly green color that made everything worse. I'm leaning back towards the Z/28 after seeing the C7 (base) in person. This is an opinion based solely on looks only. I think in terms of looks, the Z/28 will be much more aggressive and special than the C7 base.
Anything that color would be hideous..
Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #67
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ray View Post
and only 300-400 1st year.....inside scoop
Not to be a party pooper ,but where is your source on this info? I would like to believe you ,but after all it is the internet.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #68
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Oh MY God. That is underwhelming to You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post

Wow, how tastes differ. That Car is gorgeous. Yes, very different than any of our beloved Camaros, but wow.

My son just ordered a 2014 Corvette, Z51 with Carbon Fiber package and it is spectacular(in Pictures) The Black wheels and carbon fiber roof and interior and spoiler and rearview mirrors. Awesome. Here is a picture of a similar car without carbon fiber mirrors. $70,000 out the door with tax and all.
Attached Images

Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #69
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Most people here don't appreciate a true hot rod. They want back up camaras, memory seats etc. back in the day you would order a car with radio and heater delete. The AC was an option you wouldn't want. That being said if they were making these Z28 with 2013 tail lights I would buy one in a heartbeat. Since the the prototypes came out I wanted lighter cars. I don't want all the extra crap. In fact if I could sign a waiver and get one without the bull**** airbags I would.
so you appreciate a true hot rod...and the Z/28 is it...te ONLY REASON you won't buy one is because of the tail lights.....lmfao
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #70
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackkaz04 View Post
so you appreciate a true hot rod...and the Z/28 is it...te ONLY REASON you won't buy one is because of the tail lights.....lmfao

thousands of people didn't but a 2011mustang because of it's hideous tail lights. you think the average person ignores styling. not fanbois. the average purchaser? hardly. his point is valid.
2011GT E85, Kooks 1-7/8", 3" offroad X, 2-7/8" overaxles, Roush mufflers, CobraJet intake, SCJ monoblade throttle body, drew 4.5" CAI, Boss302S exhaust valve springs, Baby CobraJet exhaust cams. 3.73 gears, lightweight 300A. 455rwhp @7800/410rwtq SAE 5000lb roller dynojet
assasinator is offline   Reply With Quote