Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #211
scoticus.rex
LTC, USA

Drives: Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I just had to say, that is one heck of a screen name. Nothing wrong with it at all, I'm just thinking we might have a candidate for longest screen name on C5
Don't know about the length, but I second the sentiment... IOM for the Win!

Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Old 12-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #212
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Yes the car was taken and it has been totaled..NO under state law no charges can be filed,as even the owner of the dealer himself went down to the State Police and was told that under the state law because he was a employee ,and had the keys when he enter the building,as well as the keys to the car,no charges can be filed,THATS THE LAW...
Such a BS law.Employers are responsible for their employee's actions.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Old 12-22-2013, 04:21 AM   #213
LGM30G
Rocket Scientist.

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 Black.
Whether it's been mentioned or not....Any good Law Firm or Accident Investigator will make sure that the Computer Data from the vehicle is downloaded by a third party source. Hopefully at this point the Dealership has not wiped the memory clean.

With that in hand including time/date, temperature, speed, driving profile a pretty mean case for neglicance can be backed up.

Never forget information provided by the State Department of Transportation pertaining to local road conditions may also work in building a good background.

Technology can be used against/for you but, in the end sometimes it's your best friend...To be a second set of eyes when you can't be there.

Good Luck, John.

Last edited by LGM30G; 12-22-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #214
Brandywine5

Drives: 2013 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post

The dealership owes you exactly what you previously owned.
That is a problem. The dealer can not give him exactly what he previously owned because what he previously owned is exactly destroyed. It's impossible. OP sold his prized 69. That tells me how much this ZL1 meant to him. To tho OP, get the car you want at the very least. We all know damn good and well that if we steal a used coffee machine from the dealership that they would hammer the living day lights out of us. Hammer back my friend.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #215
Jetcop20
Jetcop20

Drives: '13 ZL1 A6
I just do not BELIEVE

There is something totally wrong with this post. As a retired police officer none of this rings true. (Joined Dec. 2013.. 4 post.before this one ???) what insurance company would tell thier client they could not get info..BS I've got State Farm and they are like PIT BULLS ( I am covered they go after the suspect like a fresh bone) The police would investigate all aspects of the complaint...was a driver apprehended on scene after the ACCIDENT etc etc. ask all the questions to each of the posters points and I personally don't like how it pans out BUT hell ANYTHING is possible...just not like THIS
Old 12-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #216
jhoop302

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
RIP 2012 ZL1 #1635 Pt. 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetcop20 View Post
There is something totally wrong with this post. As a retired police officer none of this rings true. (Joined Dec. 2013.. 4 post.before this one ???) what insurance company would tell thier client they could not get info..BS I've got State Farm and they are like PIT BULLS ( I am covered they go after the suspect like a fresh bone) The police would investigate all aspects of the complaint...was a driver apprehended on scene after the ACCIDENT etc etc. ask all the questions to each of the posters points and I personally don't like how it pans out BUT hell ANYTHING is possible...just not like THIS
1. When cop arrived, only driver was in the car. Driver/thief/service writer swore to the cop that he was my best friend and I had let him take the car. Cop never questioned this statement, nor did he call to find out if it was true. Note, this is the same cop who shot an unarmed man in his 83 year-old mother's living room 8 times, including the last shot to the groin. All true. Happened August 1, 2013. Read the Cape Gazette, Delaware news.

2. Dealer became involved after the accident when the driver/thief/service writer called his service manager. Service manager was on a plane on the way to Atlanta for a conference. Service manager called dealer owner. Dealer owner did not contact us until the following morning--after he called his attorney, etc.

3. The state police told us on Monday morning that WE could not press charges--only the dealer could--because the car was not in our possession at the time of the theft. The dealer could press charges for "unauthorized use" not theft. To my knowledge, no charges have been pressed.

4. The cop involved was off duty from Sunday night until 6pm on Wednesday. I met with him then, and he told me what happened regarding the accident. He indicated he had not completed his investigation and it would not be completed until he was back on duty, which would be on Friday. Wow, cops must have banker's hours.

5. Our insurance company (GEICO) is treating this as a theft. However, the owner of the dealership refuses to give his insurance information to GEICO. GEICO has informed us that they will attempt to get damages from the dealer but this will all take time.

6. We live in a small town, and we have only lived there 9 years. To most folks born there, we are still outsiders. The good-old-boy network is apparently in place. The cops all stick together, and considering the dealership is practically next door to the state trooper barracks, I guess they are all sticking together. We plan to file a complaint against the trooper who has so obviously mishandled this situation, but I don't know how far it will get. Especially since his shooting an unarmed man 8 times didn't get very far.

Anything is possible, and unfortunately it is true in this situation.
John
Old 12-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #217
Bowtie724

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS 2013 ZL1 Camaro
I hate dealerships. I was at one for my 2000 SS that i took in for service and the tech asked me to come in the shop while walking back there I saw a porter fishtailing a vett around the corner. I jumped out in front (at a safe distance) and almost had to be restrained by my tech from really losing it. Even though it wasn't mine that porter (who usually are the youngest employees at the dealership) learned my love for everyones car.

Also I learned that you can take your car to any GM dealership for service. I use my local Cadillac dealership , they seem to take more pride in there customer service.

Good Luck and Lawyer UP

Finnaly a poster board and some pictures standing just outside there property goes a long way as everyone goes into the dealership. Its hard not to question the service tech on why some crazy guy is saying you guys wrecked his 60k car.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #218
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Wow, this is one crazy story. This, sucks big time!
Old 12-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #219
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
1. When cop arrived, only driver was in the car. Driver/thief/service writer swore to the cop that he was my best friend and I had let him take the car. Cop never questioned this statement, nor did he call to find out if it was true. Note, this is the same cop who shot an unarmed man in his 83 year-old mother's living room 8 times, including the last shot to the groin. All true. Happened August 1, 2013. Read the Cape Gazette, Delaware news.

2. Dealer became involved after the accident when the driver/thief/service writer called his service manager. Service manager was on a plane on the way to Atlanta for a conference. Service manager called dealer owner. Dealer owner did not contact us until the following morning--after he called his attorney, etc.

3. The state police told us on Monday morning that WE could not press charges--only the dealer could--because the car was not in our possession at the time of the theft. The dealer could press charges for "unauthorized use" not theft. To my knowledge, no charges have been pressed.

4. The cop involved was off duty from Sunday night until 6pm on Wednesday. I met with him then, and he told me what happened regarding the accident. He indicated he had not completed his investigation and it would not be completed until he was back on duty, which would be on Friday. Wow, cops must have banker's hours.

5. Our insurance company (GEICO) is treating this as a theft. However, the owner of the dealership refuses to give his insurance information to GEICO. GEICO has informed us that they will attempt to get damages from the dealer but this will all take time.

6. We live in a small town, and we have only lived there 9 years. To most folks born there, we are still outsiders. The good-old-boy network is apparently in place. The cops all stick together, and considering the dealership is practically next door to the state trooper barracks, I guess they are all sticking together. We plan to file a complaint against the trooper who has so obviously mishandled this situation, but I don't know how far it will get. Especially since his shooting an unarmed man 8 times didn't get very far.

Anything is possible, and unfortunately it is true in this situation.
John

Wow, sounds like a bad Stephen King book; but it's true. Make sure to get an attorney from outside the area.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #220
heymatt

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS Vert.
Just read this all the way thru.
All I can say is, this dealership as a business, stands to lose more than the cost of a new ZL1.
Stand up, say my employee f*d up and fix the problem.
OP, looks like the dealership has shown how they plan on handling it. Stall, stall, stall.......
Until you get tired of the BS and settle for whatever crumb their offering.
If this service writer did this with your car, you can bet your last dollar it's not the first time!
Employer records could show patterns of abuse, making the dealership culpable because they knew of prior incidents and did nothing to prevent future incidents.
Time to play hardball.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #221
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
I GOT DIBS ON THE WHEELS!
Funny, I was thinking similarly...

I have a 1LE with those wheels... Although a second pair would be real nice!!!
Old 12-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #222
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
Economic advisor Clark Howard always suggests picketing in front of the dealership for circumstances like this. They hate it. Gotta follow the rules though, but can be very influential in your favor. Always a card to hold in your back pocket. Sorry this happened to you - one of the craziest storeis I read this year.
Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com
Old 12-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #223
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
test drive when the dealership was closed, and brought in for paint issues, would imagine this is a lawyers dream case, sue the crap out of them!!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
Old 12-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #224
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
1. When cop arrived,...
Hey man, you don't have to defend your statements. The two or three people who have said they don't believe, I don't know what there deal is.

I feel for you. I'm afraid that you will end up having to settle for less than an ideal replacement. I hope not, I really do. Hell, I think they owe you a damn '14 Z/28, but that's just me and probably not realistic.

Bottom line, insurance/lawyers/courts will hand you a settlement and you'll have to take it. It will be up to you whether you can be happy with it or whether it bugs you the rest of your life. Just don't let it bug you, this is a crappy situation, but there's no point in carrying it with you forever.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1