Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #15
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
wow... hope he makes a full recovery as well
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #16
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarofan69 View Post
im confused here. it says he was assisting another officer in a foot pursuit, but how fast was the guy running for the cop to be driving like this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38245277...tos/?gt1=43001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
Maybe the chief sent him for donuts. He was in a hurry.

Are you guys brothers?

Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #17
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
im confused here. it says he was assisting another officer in a foot pursuit, but how fast was the guy running for the cop to be driving like this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38245277...tos/?gt1=43001
Wow....you read that story and that is honestly your first reaction? Some people...

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #18
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
But what about when you see one in his police cruizer and have his family with him and go like 90mph in a 70mph zone. This happend to me this past weekend. Or what about when they turn on their lights to run a red light then turn em off after they get through the intersection. We could really go on and on. Didn't mean to steal the thread. Just a thought.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #19
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95019
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #20
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeron View Post
But what about when you see one in his police cruizer and have his family with him and go like 90mph in a 70mph zone. This happend to me this past weekend. Or what about when they turn on their lights to run a red light then turn em off after they get through the intersection. We could really go on and on. Didn't mean to steal the thread. Just a thought.
Valid point.

What about the time everyone else speeds and drives like asses and don't get caught? That happens too.

Cops are people, people are failable. People speed all day, and then complain when a cop does it. In a perect world I could understand, but in the real world I think we have to pick our battle w/ little less self righteousness.

BTW, that's not directed at you, just in general.
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #21
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeron View Post
1st example= no excuse for this, extremely poor judgement
2nd example=many explainable reasons for this and I have cited reasons why. If it bothers you that bad, search and find the reasons this occurs.
motor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #22
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Good thing he didn't have a partner in the car with him.
Attached Images

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #23
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
There are always bad eggs in a bunch and it only take 1 to spoil the whole batch in public opnion.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #24
CRYMFTR265
Semper Fidelis

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro 2SS\RS
When we come up to an intersection and hit our lights and then go through it is because we are enroute to a call and are trying to get there a little quicker and not drive like assholes to get there. This is the question that most people ask about and if they thought about it they really wouldn't be asking this stupid question. Aside from Dept. Policy allowing us to use those lights and sirens on our squads, they are there for a reason. But the Law does allow us to speed to get to a call as long as we are safe and not reckless. You people always complain why we drive fast, lights and sirens to a call and then complain about it. But when its you who are calling 911 and want us there at the drop of a hat you complain as to why it took us so long!! Hot calls like domestic battery, suicides, gang fights or shootings, robberies in progress, homicides or officers requesting asistance because they are fighting for their lives all are lights and siren emergency calls by Dept. Policy. Not your son or daughter who don't want to listen to you because you are a shitty parent calls!!
I don't condone anyone driving 100 miles per hour to a call because studies have shown that if I drive 55 or 60 mphs I will still get to the call safely and only a couple of minutes later. Its not worth killing myself or someone else over going to a call. Im no good to you if I don't get there in one piece.
But even after I have taken the time to explain this there will still be some but heads that will bash us LEO's. There are more criminals out there then there are COPS. They do a hell of a lot worse things then we will ever do! Most COPS are honest people but in every job there are bad apples. Hopefully when you need us you get the good ones!
CRYMFTR265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #25
Camarofan69
The Autoglass Guy

Drives: 1969 SS 396, 1969 SS , 2010 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
so its ok for cops to speed wrecklessly?

Is it ok to post thoughts recklessly?

i spelled it that way on purpose, because of the WRECK just being a smartass
Camarofan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #26
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYMFTR265 View Post
When we come up to an intersection and hit our lights and then go through it is because we are enroute to a call and are trying to get there a little quicker and not drive like assholes to get there. This is the question that most people ask about and if they thought about it they really wouldn't be asking this stupid question. Aside from Dept. Policy allowing us to use those lights and sirens on our squads, they are there for a reason. But the Law does allow us to speed to get to a call as long as we are safe and not reckless. You people always complain why we drive fast, lights and sirens to a call and then complain about it. But when its you who are calling 911 and want us there at the drop of a hat you complain as to why it took us so long!! Hot calls like domestic battery, suicides, gang fights or shootings, robberies in progress, homicides or officers requesting asistance because they are fighting for their lives all are lights and siren emergency calls by Dept. Policy. Not your son or daughter who don't want to listen to you because you are a shitty parent calls!!
I don't condone anyone driving 100 miles per hour to a call because studies have shown that if I drive 55 or 60 mphs I will still get to the call safely and only a couple of minutes later. Its not worth killing myself or someone else over going to a call. Im no good to you if I don't get there in one piece.
But even after I have taken the time to explain this there will still be some but heads that will bash us LEO's. There are more criminals out there then there are COPS. They do a hell of a lot worse things then we will ever do! Most COPS are honest people but in every job there are bad apples. Hopefully when you need us you get the good ones!
Well put.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #27
Camarofan69
The Autoglass Guy

Drives: 1969 SS 396, 1969 SS , 2010 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Wow....you read that story and that is honestly your first reaction? Some people...

Well, no that is not my first reaction. My first reaction was holy hell that guy was hauling ass. My second thoughts were, wtf is he driving like that on slippery wet pavement for, and if he is suppose to be a trained professional he would know better than to drive like that. He had to have been going way way to fast for that car to look like that. what if that had been a carload of people he hit and not a tree?

I have no problems with cops doing there job, but do you really think that in this case he was in the right? If that would have been any other people driving like that they would be in deep crap. (now i know he was on his way to assist another officer), but he sure did not end up helping anyone except perhaps the guy fleeing from the other officer.

If he was not being reckless the accident probably would not have happened.

Last edited by Camarofan69; 07-15-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Camarofan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #28
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Well, no that is not my first reaction. My first reaction was holy hell that guy was hauling ass. My second thoughts were, wtf is he driving like that on slippery wet pavement for, and if he is suppose to be a trained professional he would know better than to drive like that. He had to have been going way way to fast for that car to look like that. what if that had been a carload of people he hit and not a tree?

I have no problems with cops doing there job, but do you really think that in this case he was in the right? If that would have been any other people driving like that they would be in deep crap. (now i know he was on his way to assist another officer), but he sure did not end up halping anyone except perhaps the guy fleeing from the other officer.

If he was not being reckless the accident probably would not have happened.
Evidently you have no idea what it's like to help someone that is in need.

And I'm done here.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote