Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #15
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I would think that just removing the bottle and cutting out the section right behind the grill would definately be better than nothing. I even thought about doing that just to try it out but then decided WTH.....the scoop made a difference with the CAI it has to only help out. After adding the scoop I'm definately glad I did. It's a nice piece and has to help directing the air up.

The washer bottle is blocking to much air for those CAIs that pick-up air from the fender well area.

I'm sure the Roto-Fab would perform alot better as well with at least the bottle gone and the whole cut.

I need to lookin into getting some software for my laptop so I can at least learn to look at the A/F ratio things like that.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #16
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
If I recall correctly, another member tried just the cutout without the scoop and noticed no difference! He said that adding the scoop had a signifcant improvement. Must need the scoop to direct air flow directly up to the intake filter!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #17
Halltech

Drives: 2010 Halltech Camaro SS, 2008 C6Z06
Can't wait to see the results.

Jim
Halltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #18
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I need to lookin into getting some software for my laptop so I can at least learn to look at the A/F ratio things like that.
Even though I have the SCT, I'm just going to use one of these. http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

I'd do a dual with A pillar pods, but I had a triple gauge setup in my last car and it drew way more attention than I wanted.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:53 AM   #19
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
Love the Torque program for my Android phone. cost $5 for the program, $30 for the bluetooth adapter, and it will do as much as some $300 scan tools. Works great for me so far.
Hesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #20
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesh View Post
Love the Torque program for my Android phone. cost $5 for the program, $30 for the bluetooth adapter, and it will do as much as some $300 scan tools. Works great for me so far.
Is there anything like that for the iPhone?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 01-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #21
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Is there anything like that for the iPhone?

Yep its called Rev. Its $40 and you can use the same bluetooth adapter that I got for my phone. Its called an ELM 327 bluetooth adapter. They sell them on EBAY. There are some cheaper ones that will have to come from China, or from the U.S. like I got for a little more and showed up alot quicker.
Hesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:43 PM   #22
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
looks real good
Old 01-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #23
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesh View Post
Yep its called Rev. Its $40 and you can use the same bluetooth adapter that I got for my phone. Its called an ELM 327 bluetooth adapter. They sell them on EBAY. There are some cheaper ones that will have to come from China, or from the U.S. like I got for a little more and showed up alot quicker.
Thanks.....I'll look into it.
Build Journal
Old 01-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #24
caverman

Added the OEM cap to the water bottle and painted it Flat Black to blend in more. I think it came out pretty good.
Attached Images

Build Journal
Old 09-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #25
DieselDork

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Dude, that is SO, SO AWESOME!!! I LOVE IT! Fantastic job!
DieselDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #26
malloyevelyn110

Drives: jeep
good job. how long did it take?

malloyevelyn110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #27
MRGOODWRENCH3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I installed the ADM Race CAI and scoop on my Camaro. The Race CAI lid does not have a provision for the factory washer bottle. I relocated the washer pump down by the scoop. The washer bottle I used is from Roto-Fab. It mounts to the body and looks clean. Here are a few pictures.

And yes that is a Factory Strut Tower bar on a 2010. We are working on custom brackets right now.

MRGOODWRENCH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #28
Li0nel1234
What should I name my car

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via AIM to Li0nel1234
I just did my ADM Scoop this morning.

It was a simple process. It took a while though. I didn't have a metric wrench so I had to go to lowes to get my horn bolt off. Also, the washer and nut was painted over so it was stuck. I had to get my dremmel and cut the bolt off so I could use the provided bolt and washer/nut that came with the scoop.

It took me about 2.5 hours with the trip to lowes and extra cutting. I haven't connected my washerbottle yet. I have the Schwinn bottle, painted it, put the little nozzle fitting in, used some liquid nails, rubber gromets, and washers. It's setting, I just need some longer nuts and bolts and to decide where I will place it. The pos battery post is kind of hard to reach with a drill so I'm not sure I'll try there. I think I will go with the side of the heat shield from my K&N. I have never used my washers EVER. The tank weighs a ton, there's got to be a gallon of the stuff... O_O there's some weight saving for you.

I also duct taped up the little perforations in the scoop (overkill? probably).

Tips: make sure you have some metric ratchets for this one. When removing the washerbottle make sure you know what you're going to do to plug the stock washer motor, I undid the tube thinking it would need to be on to allow the fluid to flow. I was wrong. I had to plug it, then uses some of the tube I intend to use for the bottle to motor conection and kinked it and then put a rubberband over the kink. I still had a little puddle of fluid on my floor. Also, if you have compressed air, the little plastic shavings are everywhere and you could blow them out with that or just let the highway air do it.

next up is that heater hose relocation and the plenum insulation removal...
Performance: ARH 2"/"3 headers + ARH 3" HF catback system, SS brake lines, hawk HP+ pads, motul RBF 600 fluid, K&N CAI (w/custom insulation), plug wires, air scoop, Hurst STS, Pedders Track II suspension, 18x10 wheels, 295/45/18 Nitto NT05s
Looks: powder coated iom calipers, LED foglights w/ always on harness, custom painted bowties, window tint, smoke tinted tail lights etc, oem gfx w/ custom outlets, painted taillight bezels, all weather trunk mat
Li0nel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote