Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
Question WIFE ISSUES with Gen5 ?

Anyone here with a wife/husband, girlfriend/boyfriend who just doesn't understand the gen 5 experience?

I have a wife who has no interest in riding in my Camaro. I am afraid to mention the cost of a SC because she would think I am crazy for even considering spending that much on an add-on for the car, especially after paying an insane $36K. Needless to say, she's an A-to-B driver and would rather I spent the money on something more practical like a new kitchen, etc.

If your spouse or significant other in 'on board' then consider yourself lucky.:(

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
My gf gets pissed when i tell her "I cant talk gotta go wash my other girl" lol they just dont get it
Old 10-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
That's why I'm planning on marrying a SEMA model...
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #4
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
Lol I feel the same way!! She has no love for my baby! I'm budgeting on the side for a whipple(secretly), we'll see how that goes, only 1/8 the way there. I feel your pain bro!
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:18 PM   #5
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Old 10-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #6
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
At least you don't have to worry about her asking to drive it.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #7
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
They change...trust me.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #8
LuckyWife

Drives: Victoria
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones! DH is definitely a "car" guy, and even said he didn't mind putting off his car build to get our car. Well technically it's "ours", but we both know it's MINE!
LuckyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #9
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyWife View Post
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones! DH is definitely a "car" guy, and even said he didn't mind putting off his car build to get our car. Well technically it's "ours", but we both know it's MINE!
You are not lucky because he is a car guy (most of us are). HE is lucky YOU are a car girl !

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #10
hot ss

Drives: aqua 2ss l99
my wife doesnt like being co-pilot, as the pass seat doesnt lift and she cant see.
she rarely drives it cause it scares her. (she floored it once to jump into traffic, omfg was funny as hell). i did get her to take it down the quarter mile once.....she got 12's first run. now that its 11s fast, she wont race it ever again. Good thing for me, she allows me to mod it at my discretion. So its MY car, that SHE forced me to buy after i turned down a base vette.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #11
rmnc3r

Drives: me up the wall.
Not just my wife, but my daughters too.
They are happy for me 'cause they see how much I enjoy this car - I have never been this enthused about a car since they have known me, but they have no appreciation for the Camaro.
My wife's fantasy car is a '70s Mini Cooper and my oldest daughter has recently come to be wowed by the CTS-V (as am I), but the Camaro is an almost an anathema to them.
No matter, I likes what I like.
rmnc3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #12
Vancelot

Drives: Camaro 2011 2LT/RS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
At least you don't have to worry about her asking to drive it.
My wife loves my car! She begged me to let her drive it. So I let her drive it on a short errand and what happened? Small curb rash on one rim.

She is too scared to drive it anymore. (good thing)
Vancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #13
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
I am one of those kinda lucky ones. Hubby couldnt care less about my car, but on the other hand he couldnt care less what I do to it! Only bad thing is he flat out refuses to buy me anything for it as a gift (xmas/birthdays/valentines day) when of course thats all I want!

My birthday is this month, all I want is a set of Pedders lowering springs and struts... or a snow meth kit... comeon baaaaaaabe!
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #14
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
My gf doesn't care much about the car - she can't see much out the passenger side so will ride in it, but it's nothing to her. She likes her truck and although it's very useful, it's a truck, even to her. Had her last Toyota truck for almost 12 years! We don't combine incomes, so other than small words here and there, she doesn't say much when I spend. She doesn't ever ask to drive it and usually refuses when I ask if she wants to drive with me. Says I treat it too important...oh well...It's just a car

Now, I did drive a base Vette on Friday and told her I was trading in my Camaro! She didn't like that much -

No, I'm not trading it in, I just wanted to drive the vette! I DO REALLY want an '11 Carbon Z06 in IOM!! But, $90K+ is out of my league.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote