Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #1
Dukesite

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 LS3
Clutch Rattle and Rough Engage

I have had my 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 since December 4, 2009, and have loved everyday of ownership. However, yesterday a new and unpleasant change occurred to the car. When taking off in first gear or shifting into 2nd gear, you can clearly hear a rattle when the engine engages. It also feels very rough and choppy while engaging. I have owned several V8 Manual transmission Camaro's and Pontiac's and I have NEVER felt a clutch engage so poorly. The car only has 2500 miles and there is NO WAY this change is from "Normal ware and tear". I certainly have had a few "hard" launches, but 95% of the time, I drive the car with respect for the component. I plan to take the car into the shop in the morning, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced any of the rattle like this or similar behavior in your new camaro.
Dukesite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
MacTruck

Drives: Camaro RS
No rattle here. Just a weird whistle from the mirror when I roll the window down. My second camaro and both did it.
MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
67MellowYellow

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM M6
Sounds like clutch chatter which is usually caused by a glazed pressure plate or oil soaked disc. Have you ever smoked the clutch? You would know as it would smell like hell if you did. Perhaps something has just broken. At least it's not a Corvette, those are a bear to do a clutch replacement on.
67MellowYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
Dukesite

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 LS3
I did smell what I thought could be clutch fluid, but it was faint and I couldn't tell if it was coming from my car or not. To be safe, I just parked it in the garage and I am just going to put it in the shop in the morning. I just don't see how this could have happened in 2500 miles.
Dukesite is offline   Reply With Quote