Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 03-31-2014, 03:26 PM   #15
Gillis

Drives: Car
When I first got my Camaro it took about 30 seconds to link the button(s) to my garage door opener - worked great!

Then my garage door opener broke and I had it fixed. They gave me a new remote. Ever since then I can't get it to sync with the button(s) in the Camaro so I have to clip the remote to the visor. I've tried everything. Sucks.
Gillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:27 PM   #16
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
Maybe this will help?

http://www.geniedoor.com/homelink-ga...er-programming

You have to program the remote into the Homelink system, then program the car as a new remote to the opener ... is that how the manual does it?
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:41 PM   #17
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
What garage door you have?
It will not work with Wayne Dalton!
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:09 PM   #18
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
I don't have homelink :( where do I get one?
Old 03-31-2014, 05:18 PM   #19
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewaydave View Post
Some entry gates and garage door openers may require substitution of Step 2 with the
procedure noted in “Gate Operator and Canadian Programming” later in this section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
Does your opener have a learn button?
This!

I needed to follow the substituted instructions above, and use the "learn" button on the garage door unit itself.

Not all garage door units are the same.
Our old Monte Carlo programmed just fine without the learn button, but I couldn't get the Camaro to program that way.
Had to follow the optional instructions as listed above.
Using those, I got the door to program just fine.
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:20 PM   #20
MikeInVegas

Drives: 2013 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
Your local Chevy dealer will be happy to sell you a new car with one built in. I don't think you can add one.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:35 PM   #21
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
Some of the newer garage door openers have to be programmed differently. The one at my house works more like a bluetooth, where both the opener (the big controller inside the garage that physically lifts the door) and the Homelink system both have to be in "discovery" mode at the same time in order to sync. I cant use the hand-held opener to program it.

To program it, you basically need 2 people to do it. One in the car putting homelink into discover mode, and another on a ladder inside the garage. I've been in my house for 2.5 years now and I still haven't done it because it's such a PITA.

It probably varies by brand, but you usually have 60 seconds or so to put both ends in search mode, should be able to push the button on the opener, then get back in the car and push that one with plenty of time to spare.

For anyone who's ever owned a newer game console, its basically the same as linking a new wireless controller. It doesn't really get much simpler.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:02 PM   #22
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
^^^ I wish it was that simple. It took me an hour to get my keypad programmed. The instructions are very simple, but in practice the opener is VERY touchy.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:29 PM   #23
Mean Green Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
You can get an aftermarket center rear view mirror that has the buttons

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Old 04-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #24
Vai

Drives: In the process of buying a Cam
Sigh, so it seems I need to use the garage door remote to sync it to the car. That's what Chevy guys said. I have to actually take the remote and then hit learn on the car and press the button on the remote. This sucks because I never used the remotes as all our cars had it built in the mirror. I do not have the remotes anymore (misplaced and packed up somewhere in the house or storage. There has to be another way, I refuse to believe that the car can't be programmed using the actual opener.
Vai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:05 PM   #25
Mean Green Z28

See if you can park close to one of your other cars and have someone press that button while you program it into the Camaro. Not sure if the receiver is that good if they want you to hold it close but its worth a try ya?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Old 04-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #26
Vai

Drives: In the process of buying a Cam
Good idea, I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks!
Vai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:38 PM   #27
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vai View Post
Sigh, so it seems I need to use the garage door remote to sync it to the car. That's what Chevy guys said. I have to actually take the remote and then hit learn on the car and press the button on the remote. This sucks because I never used the remotes as all our cars had it built in the mirror. I do not have the remotes anymore (misplaced and packed up somewhere in the house or storage. There has to be another way, I refuse to believe that the car can't be programmed using the actual opener.
have you looked to see if your opener has a learn button? Ours are liftmaster brand, the learn button is a 1/2" square purple button on the backside. Lookup your brand opener online and find out how the original remotes are programmed, that sequence should work for homelink also.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:34 PM   #28
BeginLOL

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Send a message via Skype™ to BeginLOL
old thread.... i know. havent found the answer yet. So i just moved into a new place. The garage motor doesnt have an opener... is it possible to porgram without the opener? Thanks!!
BeginLOL is offline   Reply With Quote