Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-29-2010, 12:21 AM   #1135
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Just sayin'

Name:  yokohama-orage-tire.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  38.5 KB
Old 07-29-2010, 06:45 AM   #1136
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
S/C seems like it would be easy to bolt on but with my luck something would go terribly wrong and I would be back to have a 40k paper weight, a feeling that I do not like to have.

I see alot of vendors are having sales on the S/C. Do you think it has anything to do with the Z28 coming out, why put a S/C and void your warranty when you can buy a S/C from the factory and have a warranty>
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:57 AM   #1137
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
We talked about it, but I think I've changed my mind on doing a SC install myself. Just too much money involved to screw something up.
There's a joke here about installing wheels yourself...but...that would be just mean....

Take it to Vengeance...you'll be glad that you did.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #1138
CamaroVision

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT/RS
I like those orange wheels, got any pics of it on a camaro?

Old 07-29-2010, 10:09 AM   #1139
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroVision View Post

No.....

Nice sig Randy...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #1140
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroVision View Post

Depends on what you mean by 'On' a Camaro.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:24 AM   #1141
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
chevy FTW
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #1142
GTAHVIT
Blessed

I decided to get a local dyno tune done on THR22. I was having some problems with my car... At WOT it was retarding timing big time. almost 18 degrees if I remember correctly.

Turns out it was nothing serious. I'm gonna start a new thread on what the problem was. More to follow.
Edit:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...04#post2313304

But this vid shows how much difference there is when a car is tuned in a different climate. And I didn't have the Airaid CAI util I brought the car home, so that factors in as well.

Check it out.

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 09-09-2010 at 02:29 PM. Reason: added the link.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #1143
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Do you think it has to do with the humidity?

Are these cars that particular that they need to be tuned each time the climate changes?
Old 09-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #1144
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Do you think it has to do with the humidity?

Are these cars that particular that they need to be tuned each time the climate changes?
Well, I'm not completely sure how to answer that....

But here's some infor for thought...

Tom tuned my car in PA, near Pittsburgh, in Feb, and they are 1100' above sea level with far less humidity.

Here in Jax in the summer it's almost 100 degrees, 80% humidity, 12 feet above sea level.

Other than the small problem I had to chase down, my car ran great in Fl and in PA. But it runs better here now than it ever did before the new tune.

The car had a little bit of predetonation so we were able to remove that by taking out some timing and lowering the AFR (adding fuel). It went down from 11.7 to 11.5 ish...

Now I did loose some torque, not sure if that is from the Airaid, or the climate. But I am making more RWHP...

Don't ask me how it all fits together... But the difference is noticeable for sure.

I know some guys have multiple tunes, summer, Winter, Valet, Race...

so yeah you can use different tunes at different times. I'm gonna stick with this one for now.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:32 PM   #1145
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Well, I'm not completely sure how to answer that....

But here's some infor for thought...

Tom tuned my car in PA, near Pittsburgh, in Feb, and they are 1100' above sea level with far less humidity.

Here in Jax in the summer it's almost 100 degrees, 80% humidity, 12 feet above sea level.

Other than the small problem I had to chase down, my car ran great in Fl and in PA. But it runs better here now than it ever did before the new tune.

The car had a little bit of predetonation so we were able to remove that by taking out some timing and lowering the AFR (adding fuel). It went down from 11.7 to 11.5 ish...

Now I did loose some torque, not sure if that is from the Airaid, or the climate. But I am making more RWHP...

Don't ask me how it all fits together... But the difference is noticeable for sure.

I know some guys have multiple tunes, summer, Winter, Valet, Race...

so yeah you can use different tunes at different times. I'm gonna stick with this one for now.

Glad you had it dyno tuned down here. There is a big difference in climate. One of the things to remember is that numbers from multiple dynos are rarely the same so that could be some of the original variance.

Nice runs though. The beast is back.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:36 PM   #1146
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

I guess my question is kinda odd, but do you need to have it Tuned every so often, kinda like a TUNE UP so to speak. Mine dyno'd about 450 rwhp when they did the cam swap and all seems fine, but to be honest unless something is major wrong I don't think I would know the difference. I don't really race, drag or autocross etc... but the ocassional dusting at the street light does happen for some unknown reason, lol, think my throttle has a mind of it's own
Old 09-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #1147
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Glad you had it dyno tuned down here. There is a big difference in climate. One of the things to remember is that numbers from multiple dynos are rarely the same so that could be some of the original variance.

Nice runs though. The beast is back.
I'm so glad we figured it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I guess my question is kinda odd, but do you need to have it Tuned every so often, kinda like a TUNE UP so to speak. Mine dyno'd about 450 rwhp when they did the cam swap and all seems fine, but to be honest unless something is major wrong I don't think I would know the difference. I don't really race, drag or autocross etc... but the ocassional dusting at the street light does happen for some unknown reason, lol, think my throttle has a mind of it's own
No, I'd agree, you shouldn't have to adjust the tune unless there is a major change...
Old 09-10-2010, 01:14 AM   #1148
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I decided to get a local dyno tune done on THR22. I was having some problems with my car... At WOT it was retarding timing big time. almost 18 degrees if I remember correctly.

Turns out it was nothing serious. I'm gonna start a new thread on what the problem was. More to follow.
Edit:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...04#post2313304

But this vid shows how much difference there is when a car is tuned in a different climate. And I didn't have the Airaid CAI util I brought the car home, so that factors in as well.

Check it out.

You have good taste in car colour ... bad taste in background misic
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gta has no internets, gta needs glasses, is there a car here?, mrs. gtahvit > gtahvit, they stay on the mantle, weak car needs more power