Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-07-2015, 11:27 PM   #1
jonathanmoguel
MM.CC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
clutch advice

ok Camaro5,

so i have a 2010 camaro ss that puts out 431whp/428 Tq with full exhaust bolt ons and tune.

with nitrous on a 100 shot it makes 512 whp and 527tq conservatively..

the transmission failed recently(i posted on what happened to my car earlier in a previous post) ended breaking the driveshaft, shifter assembly and burning the slave cylinder. upon inspection, i saw the flywheel/ pressure plate with numerous heat spots, so a new clutch is going to go in..

the transmission is going to get rebuilt by Tick performance(good guys BTW) getting the stage 2 build, also getting a DSS Aluminum driveshaft and a MGW Shifter assembly.

i was looking at the mcleod rst twin disk, which is rated at 800tq

i also was looking at the spec stage 2 clutch which is rated at 645 tq

what options are out there for my power level and what are some good ones..
what are your opinions/experiences that you guys may offer.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:35 PM   #2
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
I went with a Mantic 9000 twin disk. Haven't picked the car up yet so I cant give you any feedback other than Its supposed to be good for 1000hp and have a stock feel on the pedal.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:07 AM   #3
jonathanmoguel
MM.CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
I went with a Mantic 9000 twin disk. Haven't picked the car up yet so I cant give you any feedback other than Its supposed to be good for 1000hp and have a stock feel on the pedal.
nice! i was looking at the mantic clutch but its out of my power and price range. i heard good things about the clutch. let us know how your car perfoms. i checked out your build! very nice indeed!
Old 01-08-2015, 12:12 AM   #4
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
7 more days, and ill be on the road! LOL

Actually I got a killer deal on that clutch, call Matt down at FSP and ask him for some advice. He wont try to sell you what hes got, just to make a sale, he will tell you what you will want for your needs, even if its something he does not readily offer or sell.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:30 AM   #5
ASSTASTIC708

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Go over kill on it because you will eventually wish you had. I am installing my rxt now.
ASSTASTIC708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:49 AM   #6
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanmoguel View Post
ok Camaro5,

so i have a 2010 camaro ss that puts out 431whp/428 Tq with full exhaust bolt ons and tune.

with nitrous on a 100 shot it makes 512 whp and 527tq conservatively..

the transmission failed recently(i posted on what happened to my car earlier in a previous post) ended breaking the driveshaft, shifter assembly and burning the slave cylinder. upon inspection, i saw the flywheel/ pressure plate with numerous heat spots, so a new clutch is going to go in..

the transmission is going to get rebuilt by Tick performance(good guys BTW) getting the stage 2 build, also getting a DSS Aluminum driveshaft and a MGW Shifter assembly.

i was looking at the mcleod rst twin disk, which is rated at 800tq

i also was looking at the spec stage 2 clutch which is rated at 645 tq

what options are out there for my power level and what are some good ones..
what are your opinions/experiences that you guys may offer.
If you haven't looked into them yet, check out our street twins. They offer the best of both worlds, great drive-ability and holding capacity.

http://monsterclutches.com/gen-5-cam...eet-multi-disc
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:20 PM   #7
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
I'm currently sitting at similar HP and just ordered the Mantic 9000, I don't think the price is much greater based off the fact that it comes with a new slave cylinder. I would rather pay the extra $500 or so and still have overkill even when I install my Procharger than do it twice.

BTW nitrous is harder on a driveline then other FI so a step up in clutch may not be the overkill you think it is.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #8
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
It's always a good idea to get with the manufacturer of the clutches you're looking at so they can guide you in what's best for your setup.

That said, we've got the options to run twins for anything from stock to 1200 rwhp while keeping stock drivability. We also have two triples for these that allow for holding capacities to 1500 rwhp if the need arrises, all while being supported in the US and keeping a 12 month warranty.

Our triple "S" is rated at 1000 rwhp and literally drives like a stock ZL1 clutch.
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:36 PM   #9
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
I can help you with the DS as well as a great driving Clutch. Do some research and give us a call and we can put a package together That will make you smile
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:25 PM   #10
jonathanmoguel
MM.CC

thanks for the input guys. yeah nitrous is hard on the driveline. when i first used the system for the first time, i glazed the stock clutch! i wasnt used to the new rapid release of power.

i will send a pm to the vendors

Tags
clutch, mcleod, single disk, tickperformance, twin disc