Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #15
OuSoonersGirl
I need a V-1 BAD!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoothie View Post
I'm in the same boat, they asked for no deposit and haven't given me a number yet, I'm going to call tomorrow and see.
Out of curiosity, did you call and is everything working for you?
OuSoonersGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:26 PM   #16
OuSoonersGirl
I need a V-1 BAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
SoonersGirl, before you start over, do this. Call the dealer, and make an appointment to talk to the OWNER, don't tell them why, just make the appointment. Show up, and when you go in the dealer, do NOT talk to your salesmen, go straight to the owners office. Ensure you tell him everything you told us, and don't leave his office till he supplies you with your workbench number. IF he can't, they have NOT ordered your car, and make sure you tell them that they lost a for sure sale, and that reason is your salesman. Before I left, I would mention that you are in a national camaro club and the club tracks and reports dealers which treat customers like crap. And they are "BLACK LISTED". then go to a reputable dealer and place another order.
Okay.....I am going to put on my "big girl panties" and do this! I'm scared they are going to say they don't have a number for me because then I will probably cry...well maybe not cry but that is going to suck. If they didn't order my car I will place my order somewhere else quick quick quick and keep the numbers above about the other dealerships..

Thank you guys for the feedback and the help..will keep you posted on what they say.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #17
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Please keep us posted on the out come.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #18
MagsSS

Drives: 2SS RS Camaro
I ordered 6/13 and just received my order number last night. I have trying to get it for weeks. Go by the dealer and talk to the manager. He should be able to get it for you. Some salesmen are more informed than others.
MagsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #19
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
send me a PM and I'll hook you up with my guys here in Dallas that will take care of you. Looks like allocations are freeing up and order to delivery time is shortening to about 10-12 weeks. Should get shorter as the backlog of early order cars clears out to -0- by Sept. 30.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #20
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuSoonersGirl View Post
Out of curiosity, did you call and is everything working for you?
My salesman said it is in position and waiting for GM to take the order. But should there be a number he could give me now for the position?
SSmoothie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #21
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuSoonersGirl View Post
No and let me tell you why. When I arrived I had $500-$1000 to put down for a deposit because that is what I heard the deposits were. BUT when I got there I asked them how much of a deposit I had to place and they said 'none'. I was confused because they told me they were taking orders. He said, yes they were taking orders but they weren't taking deposits because it didnt seem fair to the customer for them to hold their money when they had to wait for a car. I insisted on giving him my money and they would not take it at all. I asked him if it made a difference and he told me that they won't take the money but they will take the order and place it. I was supposed to be next on the allocation list.

I know that sounds wierd but that is what they told me.
Find another dealership now. You may want to check inventories to see if you can find a Camaro that meets your needs.
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #22
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Im in FL. and I had to put 1,000 down and he gave me my number right when he gave me my reciept.
68/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #23
drtwo

Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
I don't understand why you weren't more persistent. You wait weeks in between contact with the dealership. If you really wanted a car ordered, you should have called every single day until you got you answers. Were you not really serious about purchasing back in June?

Anyway, drop that dealership and call every dealership in 200 mile radius and see what you can get. They might have ordered one just like you want already or may even be on a lot.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:44 PM   #24
crzycicada

Drives: 2SS/RS/LS3
Contact Eric at Classic in Dallas. These people are working for you and earning your money. If for one second you're not happy then find a place with people that you will be happy working with.

Order date: 7/17/09
3000 TPW: 8/17/09
3400 status on 8/11/09
3800: 8/21/09
4200: 8/24/09 on rail car ETTX850796
5000/6000: 9/2/09
crzycicada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #25
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
I don't understand how people can say they ordered a car, and they're not walking out of the dealership with a print out of what they ordered? This is not just directed at Soonersgirl and no offence meant towards you, I've seen this a few times here from other people, too. If you have nothing in writing, how do you know the dealer didn't screw up the order when entering it? Maybe you ordered a beige interior, and he mistakingly put in black...you would never know until the car came in. When the car comes in, how do you prove it's yours? You got nothing, no printout, no paper saying you even ordered a car, let alone what options. Your dealer won't give you an order number, but your going to trust him to place the order correctly with the options and colors you want?

The order is placed in workbench in front of you, while you are in the dealers office. The printout is produced, you look at it and verify that what you want is what was ordered. The printout has YOUR NAME on it, it also has YOUR ORDER# on it. The whole process takes less than 15 mins. You walk out of the dealership with that paper. Whether they take a deposit or not is imaterial at least you now have proof that the car is exactly what you ordered. The dealer DOES NOT need allocation to place the order. There is no reason to leave the dealer without a printout and an order #.
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:00 PM   #26
OuSoonersGirl
I need a V-1 BAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtwo View Post
I don't understand why you weren't more persistent. You wait weeks in between contact with the dealership. If you really wanted a car ordered, you should have called every single day until you got you answers. Were you not really serious about purchasing back in June?

Anyway, drop that dealership and call every dealership in 200 mile radius and see what you can get. They might have ordered one just like you want already or may even be on a lot.
Oh I was serious, still am of course. I know I waited way to long to contact back but I honestly didn't even realize it had been that long since I contacted them until I went back and re-read my emails. As soon as I did realize it had been so long I contacted them.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #27
OuSoonersGirl
I need a V-1 BAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
I don't understand how people can say they ordered a car, and they're not walking out of the dealership with a print out of what they ordered? This is not just directed at Soonersgirl and no offence meant towards you, I've seen this a few times here from other people, too. If you have nothing in writing, how do you know the dealer didn't screw up the order when entering it? Maybe you ordered a beige interior, and he mistakingly put in black...you would never know until the car came in. When the car comes in, how do you prove it's yours? You got nothing, no printout, no paper saying you even ordered a car, let alone what options. Your dealer won't give you an order number, but your going to trust him to place the order correctly with the options and colors you want?

The order is placed in workbench in front of you, while you are in the dealers office. The printout is produced, you look at it and verify that what you want is what was ordered. The printout has YOUR NAME on it, it also has YOUR ORDER# on it. The whole process takes less than 15 mins. You walk out of the dealership with that paper. Whether they take a deposit or not is imaterial at least you now have proof that the car is exactly what you ordered. The dealer DOES NOT need allocation to place the order. There is no reason to leave the dealer without a printout and an order #.

I did walk out with a printout of what I ordered but there wasn’t an order number on it. Also, at that time I didn’t know to ask for a work order number. Shoot, I didn’t even know what the hell a work bench number was until I read it here. (There is a sh*tload of information on here and it takes [me] time to read everything and catch on). It wasn’t until my last contact with them, that I asked.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:22 PM   #28
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Don't wanna be pushy? You better let em know the knowledge you have and excersize that knowledge to use it against them. Your dealer is playin dumb. Go there and talk to the sales manager he has to have a workbench on every car they order, if he doesn't have a workbench he did no enter the order into the system. This late into production orders are getting picked up left and right. You are being jerked around hardcore. If it gets over your head talk to the general manager of the dealership. Do not hesitate to show your emotions.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote