Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #239
CamaroLS

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Met. Camaro 1SS Vert
So does this void your factory warranty?
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #240
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Yes and No.

Does it void the warranty with your gauges? I'm 99% sure yes it does. Does it void the entire warranty bumper to bumper, no it doesn't.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #241
CamaroLS

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Met. Camaro 1SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by creektrack View Post
I really hate to do this because I love being able to help people out, but I've gotten a few emails over the past few days, so I figured I should address this...

I will no longer be doing any swaps, I started out doing this for super cheap compared to everyone else cuz I wanted to help ppl out and make someone with a low budget be able to compete with all these "ballers" out here, but in the end, its just not making me enough money to justify the headaches and stress of worrying about messing something up or whether or not it was done right...I've already had a couple times like that, and thankfully the "customers" were very understanding, especially anglwings, who was the reason any of this was possible...

So once again, I'm sorry to say this, but I will no longer be doing any more swaps, unless I've already done a swap for you and you need something changed out or repaired...

If anyone still needs a swap done, I encourage you to check out other car forums in your area...if you're having a hard time finding someone, oznium.com has a small list of installers, and I would check out Scion forums, as they are the first group of ppl to start doing these kind of moss...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Totally understand. I am just wondering if there is a special solder you have to use to do this right? Thank you
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #242
creektrack

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroLS View Post
Totally understand. I am just wondering if there is a special solder you have to use to do this right? Thank you
Actually, there is a solder that's better than other solders...I use "silver bearing" solder, it melts and flows really well...I've had to fix peoples solder jobs before where the solder just wouldn't melt and i had to use a higher wattage iron to get things going...

You guys, don't be afraid to ask me questions...I'm still here to help and give out advice...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
creektrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #243
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Thanks creektrack for your service! After doing all of this myself, I really had to wonder how you could do it. I have had several people asking me how much I'd charge to do it for them...and I always sent them your way. I wouldn't touch it at twice what you charged. I'm sure without having a car to test your work in, you would just do your best, and hope.

I have to tell everyone that equipment makes all the difference.

If anyone else finds a service willing to do the work, please post it here. Surely there are some hungry guys out there with some equipment and experience.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #244
BrandonB956

Drives: RS (11/15/10)
can someone point me in the direction of the led for the automatic shifter? i need one in red

Nov.15th 2010 -- Check out my build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116235

Last edited by BrandonB956; 07-08-2012 at 06:34 PM.
BrandonB956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #245
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
I have to tell everyone that equipment makes all the difference.
Definitely. I wouldn't have bothered if I didn't already have everything to do it at work. It's not the most difficult job in the world, but it's a lot harder to do without the right tools (as is everything).

I wouldn't do it for anyone else either, I just don't have the time.

That being said, it was well worth it to make 'my own' the part of the car that I see the most while driving.
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #246
LIV4MUDDIN

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonB956 View Post
can someone point me in the direction of the led for the automatic shifter? i need one in red
Lol looks like my photo. Yea the shifter is a 5mm. Got it off oznium.com. Just cut your other wired one and splice in your new one. Comes with resistor already in line.
LIV4MUDDIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #247
Johnny Kanuk

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS
This is an awesome DIY, If I had the B@LLS LOL. The part that scares me is the needles. I can do the soldering but the needles just look hard. What have others used or done to mitigate the possibility of damaging them or the motor? The rest looks pretty straight forward. I hate that blue, want to go red or orange. A big Thanks to the op for posting this.

Rember, Beauty is fleeting.
Crazy, that lasts forever.
Johnny Kanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #248
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Kanuk View Post
This is an awesome DIY, If I had the B@LLS LOL. The part that scares me is the needles. I can do the soldering but the needles just look hard. What have others used or done to mitigate the possibility of damaging them or the motor? The rest looks pretty straight forward. I hate that blue, want to go red or orange. A big Thanks to the op for posting this.
I used 2 spoons. Put the round end between the needle and dial face and push down on the handles. Be care full of the black cover on the needle it fly.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:28 AM   #249
JookeTheSnooke

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
I need help. I'm putting the LEDs on the drivers side window switch but they don't get power. Ive tryed flipping them around bc I thought maybe I had the polarity wrong(does the board tell u which goes where?) but it still doesn't get power. Any help would be appreciated.
JookeTheSnooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #250
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
I only have one picture of that switch, and I can't really tell which way the LEDs are facing.

I'm not even 100% positive this is the correct switch, but I think it's the right one.
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #251
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglwngss View Post
I only have one picture of that switch, and I can't really tell which way the LEDs are facing.

I'm not even 100% positive this is the correct switch, but I think it's the right one.

It is the right switch.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:41 AM   #252
JookeTheSnooke

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
hey guys i have a question. i was working on the changing the leds on the gauge cluster had them all put in but when i went to plug it in to see if they worked, i accidentally put the plug in the wrong way and i heard something popped and saw burns along with smoke appear on the board were it plugs in. does this mean the whole board is shot and i have to get a new one?

-jake
JookeTheSnooke is offline   Reply With Quote