Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 11-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #351
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
With all four corners of the USA, with all the major population centers INDY is centrally located. There are other tracks a bit west and or south that either did not have appropriate dates available, or suitable host hotel or great AC area but fair drag strip or great drag strip and AC but hotels too far away...

The track and hotel at INDY wanted the C5 community back. They saved the dates while the Moderators looked around. Every geographic group's interests were considered. In the end, getting to a pint where track and date selection is more than a year out is where C5FEST needs to be. It is the only way C5 will be able to get the most desirable dates and tracks.

Stay with the Moderators on this. They don't do C5 FEST for money. They do C5 FEST for the C5 community. Doug, Robert and Mike are all Texans. Do you really think they don't want the FEST in TEXAS? Jarrod and G want the FEST in California so badly so we can experience a SoCal FEST. They get it.

A little support might be in order for ALL the Moderators

FYI: I live in Texas and want a Texas C5FEST.
I owe you a beer my good man, best way I've seen it put in this whole freaking thread....
Old 11-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #352
Val 1st

Drives: R.Yellow SS 1st in Middle, Ga area
camaro5 fest

I'am glad they finally announced the location can't wait to see every one next year.
Val 1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #353
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
OK - tried to post this earlier and got knocked out of AOL at airport.....so let's try it again.

I have not read every post - but I'm appalled at some of what I see being posted here.

A couple of things:

1. No matter what location's chosen - some are going to be unhappy.

2. The moderators and volunteers don't make money on this. Anyone who has ever run a Camaro show should know this. further, the amount of time invested for something of this magnitude (the LARGEST camaro show BY FAR) is staggering.

3. There are not an overabundance of locations with everything needed to hold something like Camaro5fest - remember: you need a 1/4 mile track and lots of parking lot - has to be centrally located near an interstate - needs to have a hotel area whereby a couple of thousand people can check in -

4. Many tracks are booked a year in advance. And many tracks have a policy of "NO!!!!" - meaning - "they are not easy to deal with" (TRUST ME on this one.....)

5. Just because it's at Indy this year does not mean it won't be somewhere else next year. I see people complaining that it's not on the West Coast (was there two years ago) - I see people complaining that it's not on the east coast (it was there three years ago) Here's a thought: We build Camaros for many reasons - but one of them is the sheer joy of driving! I understand that budgets may be an issue for a few- - but not for everyone and besides - it may be one of the best road trips you've ever made. GET IN - BUCKLE UP - AND HEAD FOR INDY! (you will not regret it)

It's OK to comment - but when people start insinuating that people are getting kickbacks and making tons of money - then in my opinion, you're out of line.

Let's remember: This is a Camaro site. The name Camaro means 'Friend- pal - comrade' - -let's remain friends.

Now - from me to the Mods and Volunteers: THANK YOU for the thousands of hours you've put into these Fests over the past three years and into next year - I think you've done a GREAT job - especially when the size and scope of the show is taken into consideration. YOU HAVE MY COMMITTMENT THAT WE'LL BE THERE!

And lastly: For those who like to complain: How 'bout VOLUNTEERING to help out?
Very well said!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #354
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Going to have to see if I can get the fiance to committ to this one... Getting married next year and most the extra money is going to that! (and no I am not going to consider doing it at the fest!)
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #355
GREENSTEVE

Drives: 2011 Camaro - 2014 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
Going to have to see if I can get the fiance to committ to this one... Getting married next year and most the extra money is going to that! (and no I am not going to consider doing it at the fest!)
Why not , that would be awesome
GREENSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #356
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
I am not saying you should not have a great local or regional event. I am saying you should hold that event because you embrace the 5th Gen community. Hold the event and invite us all all. Just don't hold or present an event as revenge because you don't like this year's location of the FEST. That undermines the spirit of the online community known as Camaro5.
Agreed.

I've already voiced my distaste for the recycling of Indy again this year, so I won't continue to berate. But I will say this:

Planning these events is very difficult. I commend everyone that puts work in on the Fest.

That said, I think recycling the Indy venue was a mistake. So it's not in my back yard. Boo hoo, I'm only one guy.

But my thought process was this:

C5F1: Don't yet have my car, and it's pretty far but looks awesome! Would love to attend next year.

C5F2: Done deal, I'm there.

C5F3: Hopefully it will be a central locale, because C5F2 was AMAZING, and I'd gladly traverse a few states to attend. Plus it would be great to meet the east coast peeps that couldn't make our westerly AZ locale.

When Indy was announced I was bummed, but not let down. I could let the east side have their turn, and hold out for C5F4, even if it means stretching the budget a bit and driving to a central location.

CF54: Now I'm let down. Wow, not even leaving it in the east for a better venue, just leaving it at Indy and skipping us over. I feel shafted.

And I think that's what much of the negative feedback is really about. We got a little taste of the epicness that is C5F in 2011, and now get watch through the glass again... and cross fingers that in two years we might get another chance to attend? That's a long time to hold my breath.

And before you tell me to suck it up and fly, there's just no point in attending CAMAROFEST without my Camaro.

All I see now is C5 splitting in two, and the magic disappearing. Once that's gone, attendance will wane. C5F5? Who knows.

No hard feelings toward you east coast boys though, I hope you guys have a blast. Just cut us window-watchers some damned slack. Of course we're bummed.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #357
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Name them or don't post.
What's the fun in being the tattle tale in the group?

There's a ton of other things I'd love to quote because of how messed up many (not all) of your guys' facts are. But I will remain civil here. However I will address something..

I am not bashing the moderators saying that they suck at life or anything. So those who keep "reading" that from my posts needs to get their eyes checked. I think the moderators do an outstanding job for what's put on their plates. However, I do (and so do many others) think that the moderators have made a huge mistake by putting the fest back in the same place as last years.

Oh well. I'll be making it to a local meet during fest so I can get my fun in, and I hope everyone else has some fun during whichever meet they decide to go to.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #358
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Just cut us window-watchers some damned slack. Of course we're bummed.
Once again, . Not everyone's out to ruin your day, boys. Don't get so pissed because not everyone is happy with the location.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #359
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Yipee KI yay mother <#@!*^
Old 11-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #360
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
INDY FTW!! Can't wait for C5FestIV!!

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

bhillakaiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #361
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
What's the fun in being the tattle tale in the group?

There's a ton of other things I'd love to quote because of how messed up many (not all) of your guys' facts are. But I will remain civil here. However I will address something..

I am not bashing the moderators saying that they suck at life or anything. So those who keep "reading" that from my posts needs to get their eyes checked. I think the moderators do an outstanding job for what's put on their plates. However, I do (and so do many others) think that the moderators have made a huge mistake by putting the fest back in the same place as last years.

Oh well. I'll be making it to a local meet during fest so I can get my fun in, and I hope everyone else has some fun during whichever meet they decide to go to.
You're still not being part of the team. and it sounds like you are ignoring everything that Pete has stated. WHERE ELSE COULD THEY HAVE HAD IT. OMG

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #362
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Maybe the tread could be put in time out for 12/24 hours. Would be a shame to tear apart some of these friendships in the heat of the moment.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #363
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
You're still not being part of the team. and it sounds like you are ignoring everything that Pete has stated. WHERE ELSE COULD THEY HAVE HAD IT. OMG
Sorry.

Like I said, I'll be keeping what I say to myself in order to keep it civil. I'll be going to my meet, and you can go to yours.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #364
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Sorry.

Like I said, I'll be keeping what I say to myself in order to keep it civil. I'll be going to my meet, and you can go to yours.
That is sad that you've seemed to have lost the spirit of what this community represents, and at a young age.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote