Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-13-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Cool So, who believes in ET's? No, not at the track

So, it's late and I'm off tomorrow. This means I'll probably be up all night looking at cool shit on FB/rest of the internet. This, for example, is awesome:

http://www.iflscience.com/space/kepl...itable-planets

This is a page I follow on FB. Check that out, 833 new planets discovered by the Kepler telescope, with 104 of those planets capable of supporting life. That's wild.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Its late & I can't sleep ...

Do I believe that life probably exists beyond our planet? Sure. The Drake equation is fairly compelling. Do I think that they have constructed space ships and have visited Earth to either mutilate cattle, probe people, make crop circles, or fly-over our cities, or do any of the other things we attribute to aliens? No.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:11 AM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
It's pretty unreasonable to think that we're the only ones out there.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #4
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Jack Burton:
"A man's gotta be some kind of fool to think he's alone in this universe"
Old 11-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
We're not the only ones out there.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #6
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
If you watch any of those intercepted NASA videos, there are all kinds of things flying around and many even perform turns in space.

By the time the videos get posted on the NASA site they are all blurry and the objects missing.

What's that all about?

-Robert
Old 11-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #7
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

- Bill Watterson

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray View Post
If you watch any of those intercepted NASA videos, there are all kinds of things flying around and many even perform turns in space.

By the time the videos get posted on the NASA site they are all blurry and the objects missing.

What's that all about?

-Robert
Most if that is space debris. Believe it or not, there's a ton of stuff floating in space. There's rocks, ice and even pieces of spacecrafts and satellites.

And if you're talking about the video I think you're talking about, NASa didn't blur that. That was taken with one of Space Shuttle Discovery's payload bay cameras before we had super HD cameras in the payload bays of our shuttles.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #9
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
it would be crazy to think that WE are the only ones. the universe is far to vast for that to be true.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #10
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Surely the technology exists for someone else to pay us a visit and their visit go by undetected.

the only reason we have a CPU right now in our computer is because of THEM.

Their stuff crashed here in 1947. We reverse engineered everything we could.....and gave the public some of it.....and some of it is "not" for the public. (integrated circuits, night vision, fiber optics,)

"They" are the reason we had a HUGE leap in technology. Not sure if they live on the inside of earth, or they live on the (extremely obviously artificial perfectly sphere-shaped by design hollow moon) positioned around earth.

All we have to do to get them to show themselves is start sending nukes into space at random coordinates. They will respond by intercepting the missiles and if needed, they will simply come and dismantle all our nukes. earth is a little playground for beings that basically cannot be trusted but considered valuable nonetheless.

We already know how to cloak our own aircraft including how to make it look hidden in the sky. If we can do it, then they can do it way better.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I genuinely hope we're not alone. I would actually have loved to have been born far enough in the future that humans are interacting with cultures from other planets. I understand how far stretched the physics are of trying to travel those distances. I believe that as long as little kids grow up reading and watching science fiction that they will grow into physicists and engineers who have the drive and imagination to make that one day happen.

I was thinking about something a little related the other day, given that we just had the anniversary of JFK's assassination. A big part f his legacy was challenging the American people to put a man on the moon and we did it. Several times. I would like to see a president come out and say something similar about Mars. I would like a president to come out and say within 10 years will have a permanent moon base, much like the space station where international crews stay for extended periods of time, and that also within ten years we will send humans to Mars and return them safely to Earth. I understand some say it's a one way trip, we can't relaunch from that end. Well, can't never could, so drop that word and go old school NASA: Failure is not an option.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #12

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I think there's some other forms of life or aliens or whatever out there...Problem is the universe is so vast and distances so great we'll never cross paths....

I've heard some scientists have had second thoughts about us trying to make contact somehow through radio signals, space probes, etc. That is that if another life form answers our probes, it would be to our detriment...We aren't advanced enough to handle it...

P.S. UFO landings, abductions, etc..all bs imo...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #13
Deftones

Drives: 2012 RS/SS LS3
Check out ancient aliens on history channel. A lot of coincidences.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #14

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Check out ancient aliens on history channel. A lot of coincidences.
I love that show. I think they just automatically assume what can't be explained or is unknown to archaeologists and scientists about ancient cultures is attributable to aliens. Makes it sort of convenient for their theories...Good entertainment, but junk science.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote