Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
Easton091

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Any plumbers in the house (sump pump)

Well a question, its been raining alot here in SE Michigan and I havent heard my sump pump kick on it a while. I flipped the lid on the pit and the pit only has about 6 inches of water in it and nothing draining in. I have read a dry pit is a good thing. Im worried the piping on the outside is restricted some how. Any ideas?
Old 04-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
The only Way to know the pipe is restricted is if the pump is running but the water level stays the same, is there a float on ur sump? Is it up or down?
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
Easton091

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
The only Way to know the pipe is restricted is if the pump is running but the water level stays the same, is there a float on ur sump? Is it up or down?
I can see the pipe where the water usually drips into the pit and nothing is going in there. Usually when it rains hard, its almost like a faucet with the amount of water that goes in there.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #4
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Is the pump running and water not going down? Or are you saying that you think the pipe that takes the water to the pump pit from the french drain is clogged?

Last edited by motorhead; 04-11-2013 at 08:30 AM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #5
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Ok of the water is not coming into the pit do you know where the line comes from?
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton091 View Post
Well a question, its been raining alot here in SE Michigan and I havent heard my sump pump kick on it a while. I flipped the lid on the pit and the pit only has about 6 inches of water in it and nothing draining in. I have read a dry pit is a good thing. Im worried the piping on the outside is restricted some how. Any ideas?
sometimes it takes awhile for the soil to build up moisture .....it sounds to me that everything fine...
Old 04-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
Easton091

I do have downspouts that are extended away from the house so i know my drainage is good. Guess I will wait a few days and see it water starts trickling in. Also I will have to keep checking my basement walls to make sure they arent leaking.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Water and sewer backup rider on youre HO ins is a great thing just to let you know. It sounds like everything is fine. Heavy rain runs off and takes awhile to seep into the ground. Slow, extended rain seeps into ground faster and works its way into youre drain tile quicker.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
Easton091

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
Water and sewer backup rider on youre HO ins is a great thing just to let you know. It sounds like everything is fine. Heavy rain runs off and takes awhile to seep into the ground. Slow, extended rain seeps into ground faster and works its way into youre drain tile quicker.
We do have flood damage insurance on our home. We put it on after refinishing our basement.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton091 View Post
We do have flood damage insurance on our home. We put it on after refinishing our basement.

Thats different then water and sewer backup. Basically flood ins covers if water comes in from the outside. Water and sewer backup is if a pipe busts, or the sump pump stops working because of loss of electricity etc.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #11
Easton091

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
Thats different then water and sewer backup. Basically flood ins covers if water comes in from the outside. Water and sewer backup is if a pipe busts, or the sump pump stops working because of loss of electricity etc.
Pit is filling up now. Guess my grading is good

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2