Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #127
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Any class 3 dealers/owners I could pm/talk to on a messaging client?
Old 06-18-2010, 11:26 PM   #128
slicker
slicker

Drives: Cyber Grey 1 LT / RS
so how many here have CCW. and carry reguly. if so has anyone heard about the crossbread holster. best holster i have ever owned.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:05 AM   #129
Arthur 818

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/Fully Loaded
Send a message via AIM to Arthur 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfriday2 View Post
Some of my toys
I didnt know rambo was a member in this forum.....
Old 06-19-2010, 01:37 AM   #130
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmincamaro View Post
lol, I think I got one of everything on that list.... I'm looking at getting an AR15 in a few months, I'll take a pic of the collapsible stock and my 30 round magazines (or how about one of those 100 rounders?). lol, I'm so glad I don't live in CA. In high school I had to do a project my senior year on a controversial topic. I chose to do it on CCW and learned alllllll about the crap you guy's in CA have to put up with . lol, we had to bring a visual presentation into the class... I asked the teacher if I could bring in an AK-47.... she had no idea what I was talking about
Yea, I have a collapsible stock as well as a pistol grip on mine, only problem is I'm limited to ten round magazines. So what we do is modify 30 rounders to only accept 10 rounds. I can have these things because I have this wonderful device installed on my AR called a "bullet button".

The bullet button prevents you from using your finger to release the magazine. So it qualifies as a "fixed" magazine under California law. The only way I can release the magazine now is by the use of a tool, ie tip of a bullet. It sucks not having 30 rounds, but at least I can have 10. I'm just glad that we're allowed to have anything at all!
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:57 AM   #131
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Ugh California SUCKS!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:09 AM   #132
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Ugh California SUCKS!

Yea, the gun laws suck. But there are a lot of other things about it that rock!
Old 06-20-2010, 06:02 PM   #133
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Check out the Glock 26 or the Springfield XD sub compact 9mm.

Both are very compact, and given a slim profile holster, would fit very nicely in the door pocket.

I'd be worried about drawing though. Especially if you are right handed. Better make sure you are proficient at drawing and aiming with your left hand out of that gunslit window.
I am accurate with either hand,anyone else have suggestions on a good 9MM that will fit in the Camaro door pocket.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #134
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicker View Post
so how many here have CCW. and carry reguly. if so has anyone heard about the crossbread holster. best holster i have ever owned.
I do. Carry everywhere but work and the only reason I don't carry there is I work on a military base and Uncle Sam wouldn't hesitate to throw me in the chokey for the rest of my natural life if I did.

I swear by the Crossbreed supertuck myself. I can carry dressed in just about anything using it...

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:44 AM   #135
Exile Machine

Drives: Tactical Minivan
Quote:
It sucks not having 30 rounds, but at least I can have 10. I'm just glad that we're allowed to have anything at all!
There is also a way to legally use the 30 rounders in CA. You can have finger-detachable magazines (CA PC 12276.1(a)(1)), including legally-owned (or legally borrowed) high capacity mags (even 30 rounders!) (CA PC 12020(a)).

The way you do it is to lose the "evil" features (Pistol Grip, Thumbhole Stock, Folding or Telescoping Stock, Grenade Launcher or Flare Launcher, Flash Suppressor, Forward Pistol Grip.) (CA PC 12276.1(a)(1)(A-F)) Most of these are trivial to replace, for example muzzle brake replaces flash hider, collapsible stock can be drilled and pinned, etc. Replacing the pistol grip's the real challenge.

On the AR-15 however there are three products currently in production that can replace the pistol grip. This is one example:

You cannot use the large capacity mags in a bullet button rifle, that'd be a felony (CA 12776.1(a)(2)). The rifle has to have the "evil" features removed, and it must have the standard mag release.

-Mark
Exile Machine LLC
Exile Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:05 AM   #136
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile Machine View Post
There is also a way to legally use the 30 rounders in CA. You can have finger-detachable magazines (CA PC 12276.1(a)(1)), including legally-owned (or legally borrowed) high capacity mags (even 30 rounders!) (CA PC 12020(a)).

The way you do it is to lose the "evil" features (Pistol Grip, Thumbhole Stock, Folding or Telescoping Stock, Grenade Launcher or Flare Launcher, Flash Suppressor, Forward Pistol Grip.) (CA PC 12276.1(a)(1)(A-F)) Most of these are trivial to replace, for example muzzle brake replaces flash hider, collapsible stock can be drilled and pinned, etc. Replacing the pistol grip's the real challenge.

On the AR-15 however there are three products currently in production that can replace the pistol grip. This is one example:

You cannot use the large capacity mags in a bullet button rifle, that'd be a felony (CA 12776.1(a)(2)). The rifle has to have the "evil" features removed, and it must have the standard mag release.

-Mark
Exile Machine LLC

Yea, I know about those. I don't know though, I like my pistol grip. Never shot with one of those grips, but they don't look like they'd be very comfortable.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #137
Exile Machine

Drives: Tactical Minivan
Quote:
Yea, I know about those. I don't know though, I like my pistol grip. Never shot with one of those grips, but they don't look like they'd be very comfortable.
Sure, lots of guys like the PG, it's the traditional AR look...

But the Hammerhead grip's actually very comfortable. Everyone who's shot one has remarked on how it is just like holding a wooden rifle. One guy said it was "all day comfortable." (I think he was a marketing manager for a feminine hygiene products company.)

Good to have options, lots of guys in CA have pallets of preban high caps they stocked up on before the ban came down, and they love having a comfortable way to shoot them.

Hopefully this assault weapons ban nonsense gets overturned in the courts and we can go back to our core competency: making polyamide composite finch feeders.

-Mark
Exile Machine LLC
Exile Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:41 AM   #138
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile Machine View Post
Sure, lots of guys like the PG, it's the traditional AR look...

But the Hammerhead grip's actually very comfortable. Everyone who's shot one has remarked on how it is just like holding a wooden rifle. One guy said it was "all day comfortable." (I think he was a marketing manager for a feminine hygiene products company.)

Good to have options, lots of guys in CA have pallets of preban high caps they stocked up on before the ban came down, and they love having a comfortable way to shoot them.

Hopefully this assault weapons ban nonsense gets overturned in the courts and we can go back to our core competency: making polyamide composite finch feeders.

-Mark
Exile Machine LLC
god, I sure as hell hope so.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #139
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGBrix3 View Post
Army BZO is mechanical; basically center the windage and lower the rear elevation flush with the carrying handle
Ok, must squash this now: That is NOT a carrying handle, it is a site rail!! Please use proper weapon safety and DO NOT carry the rifle by the site rail!
Old 06-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #140
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Ok, must squash this now: That is NOT a carrying handle, it is a site rail!! Please use proper weapon safety and DO NOT carry the rifle by the site rail!
Didn't the original original M16A1 have a carry handle and not a site rail?

Tags
camaro gun