Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 08-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
Rei C
~ReiAhna~

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS
7 Letter Plates Auction

I don't know how many of you have been waiting for the seven letter plates but I got this email today and just wanted to share:

Hi,
We're writing to let you know My Plates is changing the date of the Great Plate Auction. The Auction will be the first time 7-character personalized license plates are available in Texas. We had scheduled the Auction for September 22 but are moving it to January 13, 2011.

Everything else stays the same: it's still at Dallas Cowboys Stadium and will still offer great 7- character license plate combinations - such as COWBOYS, RANGERS, PORSCHE, FERRARI, MUSTANG, AGGIES1, GOHORNS, SOONERS, RAIDERS, and DRAGONS.

We moved the Great Plate Auction date to a time when many of our newest plate designs will be available for sale. Now on Auction night bidders can potentially see a much larger collection of available designs to be paired with the combinations they win.

The Auction aims to offer something for everyone in a diverse state that registers more than 21 million vehicles. The Auction is free and open to the public. Bidders are required to register prior to the event at www.myplates.com.

The majority of Auction proceeds will go to the state general revenue fund. My Plates and designated charities will also receive a portion of the proceeds.
To register your interest in the Auction, go to www.myplates.com.
Thanks,
The My Plates Team
My Plates is also announcing today that we're adding an additional 22 new plate combinations to the previously announced 10 that are up for bids.
Add in the "Bidders Choice" that will allow one lucky Texan to make his or her own word or phrase, and 33 exciting plate combinations will be up for grabs.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
I don't care about these special "33" options up for auction, I just want to be able to order a regular 7 character personalized plate. I just want my username back on my car. ROLNSLO.

C'mon Texas, get your act together...
Old 08-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Rei C
~ReiAhna~

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS
yeah I'm not about to go bid on plates either... I think it should be open to the public and first come first serve, not who has the most money! It'll be nice for the charities that get the money from the auction but still...

I'm just putting the info out there for anyone who wants to get the plate they wanted no matter the cost....
Old 08-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
C4
ERNEST

Drives: 2012CAMARO 1LT RS CONVERTIBLE
thanks for the info
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote