Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #309
orange_5thgen

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS BadAss 6 Speed
Sorry, I did not want to bash GM or the dealers. I just feel like a kid waiting for Christmas that will never come. Guess we all just need to take a "chill pill". Thanks fbodfather for all the excellent info. Maybe there is just too much information out there and that's why we're all freaking out and too much mis-information.

Goooosfraba. Goooosfraba.
orange_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #310
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
SOME of you guys kill me. GM should go bankrupt so they can go around franchise laws so that YOU can get your car????? How about the guy at that other dealer that has his heart set on the car going to that dealer????? Holy cow!!!!!!

I would ask that you all go look at the history of the new 370Z. When did you know it was coming? Who at Nissan gave you any dates? My recollection was it showed up in the spy photos about 6 months ago WITH camo AND NO COMMENTS from ZBODFATHER. Oh yeah, that's right. There is no insider called ZBODFATHER. And now the most recent issues of the car mags have full reviews, it will be at the NAIAS and oh yes you can go buy one now. No build up, no inclusion of the enthusiasts. I worked at Nissan for a bit. They and the other Japanese OEMs would never do what you guys have been allowed to see and hear about for the past few years of Camaro development.

Your enthusiasm and passion are your own worst enemy here. GM has included you in many key steps of Camaro development, maybe more than any car in history. And when a date is missed by a few weeks SOME of you guys go off on rants against GM, it's dealers and leadership.

Puh leeeeze.

My favorite post.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #311
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMY68SS View Post
Uhm, OK, then it was addressed some today. What do I tell them, or ask them? I've already called them this week and they knew nothing. How does this relate to the 20 different responses when you call the 800 number?
Your dealer can email the Camaro launch team through gmlaunch with your order number and request the status or resend of your package. They also requested that you PLEASE NOT call the 800 # as they can not handle the volume or help you with your issue.
Bill
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #312
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by gss9909 View Post
And how do you suppose you pay the employees? or get financing for you car? that would also mean that you would pay whatever gm sets the MSRP at no discounts no rebates.
Most discounts and rebates are set by GM. How would GM setting the final pricing get rid of all discounts and rebates?

I think it would be a great idea, but it will never happen. Most dealership owners are out to make an aggressive profit and would resist this so fiercely that GM would basically have to build every story over again - way too much of an upfront cost to be viable right now.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #313
donjr4
Dark Knight

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Send a message via AIM to donjr4
quick question... I pre ordered a V6 1LT on 10/13 and was second at my dealer behind an order of a 2SS. I believe my dealer got a decent number of allotments and were also located in buffalo, very close to canada.. Does anyone think theres a good chance that will get my camaro close to production date? thanks in advanced to any insight someone can give me....
donjr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #314
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjr4 View Post
quick question... I pre ordered a V6 1LT on 10/13 and was second at my dealer behind an order of a 2SS. I believe my dealer got a decent number of allotments and were also located in buffalo, very close to canada.. Does anyone think theres a good chance that will get my camaro close to production date? thanks in advanced to any insight someone can give me....
Well, depends what you mean by "close" to the production date. I think GM shoots for ~6 weeks from production to delivery. So you are at least looking at that. I would say you have a good chance getting one sooner than later based on what you ordered though.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #315
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
To change the subject a little, I ordered a 2SS/ RS, no have not received letter one or two, am willing to wait however long it takes to get my car, but can somone please tell me when we will have Camaro's tested in magazines, the SS models, for real so at least our wait can be better spent, instead of reading reviews of 2010 Mustangs and 370Z's.
1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #316
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
To change the subject a little, I ordered a 2SS/ RS, no have not received letter one or two, am willing to wait however long it takes to get my car, but can somone please tell me when we will have Camaro's tested in magazines, the SS models, for real so at least our wait can be better spent, instead of reading reviews of 2010 Mustangs and 370Z's.
We don't know when it'll be either... sorry.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:29 PM   #317
donjr4
Dark Knight

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Send a message via AIM to donjr4
thanks for the response... ~6 weeks would be perfect. i'll keep praying...
donjr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #318
PNY KLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss/rs #1297
Send a message via MSN to PNY KLR
Hello first post here!

You guys are driving me nuts (lol) and my dealership since i go in there almost everyday with new questions. Iam from Regina Sask. And ordered my 2010 2ss/rs SIM, Black racing stripes ,intake, exhaust, headers, hurst throw shifter, Wing spoiler back in Oct 08 and had a deal with them i get the first one in my city since Aug 08 with a 10,000 deposit. The manager told me that Canadian Dealers do things different then the US ones And Promised me mine will be there first he is just waiting to see how many he gets. He has 6 ordered. He also told me they determine how many Canadian dealers get is by the percent of mustangs sales in the area and we have way to may here!!! Not Worried About the 3 week delay to make a better product! Cant Wait to roll out of the dealership this summer sporting my new plates PNY KLR and see the first mustang at the lights and there faces when they see my bumper and plate hahahaha !!! Just chill everyone you will all love your cars and there will be plenty for everyone.

Last edited by PNY KLR; 01-10-2009 at 09:56 PM.
PNY KLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #319
NUCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Dear Mr. Fbod,

I would be honored if you could answer 2 questions for me:

#1: With a delay on production startup, will the date when you have to finalise your order before it goes to factory also be pushed back?

#2: On the other thread about todays IDL, it says that the factory might offer more stripes in the near future. I am wondering is this true, and are they talking about colors, or length as well? (Can I get factory bumblebees now?)

Thank you for your time, you are awesome and I for one appreciate all the time you guys put into this community. It shows your love for this product.
Not the Scott either but I did ask the stripe question in the IDL. The question was "why only 2 colors of rally stripe installed at the factory?" The answer relates to staffing available to install the stripe. GM was playing it safe and went for a limited selection. The plant has proposed factory installing more of the colors as they want the work and are in the process of refining the process to do more colors in house. A work in progress with no promises. NO new stripes were discussed or mentioned.

As to question 1, the date to finalize your order will be the 5 day window AFTER your dealer receives his allocation for YOUR car. The dealers allocations are based 70% on sales volume and 30% on Mustang registrations in the dealer marketing area. Stay in touch with your people but don't be an ass. We need to work together on this so we all have fun
Old 01-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #320
NUCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Think of it this way, if you were going to get an SS would you order it to your exact preferences or pick one up off the lot? What about the typical V6 buyer? Are they more likely to drive one off the lot or place an order to get a specific car with everything they want and nothing else?

Plus there are likely to be supplier issues. There isn't a mountain of parts sitting in Oshawa right now ready to be turned into a Camaro. Most manufacturers can only produce parts at a particular rate, give or take a bit. But to build a supply of 8000 SS parts to be built in the first 2 months then string out 14000 more over the next 14 months isn't really feasible.
BINGO We've got a winner!
Old 01-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #321
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNY KLR View Post
You guys are driving me nuts (lol) and my dealership since i go in there almost everyday with new questions. Iam from Regina Sask. And ordered my 2010 2ss/rs SIM racing stripes ,intake, exhaust, headers, hurst throw shifter back in Oct 08 and had a deal with them i get the first one in my city since Aug 08 with a 10,000 deposit. The manager told me that Canadian Dealers do things different then the US ones And Promised me mine will be there first he is just waiting to see how many he gets. He has 6 ordered. He also told me they determine how many Canadian dealers get is by the percent of mustangs sales in the area and we have way to may here!!! Not Worried About the 3 week delay to make a better product! Cant Wait to roll out of the dealership this summer sporting my new plates PNY KLR and see the first mustang at the lights and there faces when they see my bumper and plate hahahaha !!! Just chill everyone you will all love your cars and there will be plenty for everyone.
I'd just like to say, bravo on the plate and Welcome to the Board.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #322
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCAR View Post
Not the Scott either but I did ask the stripe question in the IDL. The question was "why only 2 colors of rally stripe installed at the factory?" The answer relates to staffing available to install the stripe. GM was playing it safe and went for a limited selection. The plant has proposed factory installing more of the colors as they want the work and are in the process of refining the process to do more colors in house. A work in progress with no promises. NO new stripes were discussed or mentioned.

As to question 1, the date to finalize your order will be the 5 day window AFTER your dealer receives his allocation for YOUR car. The dealers allocations are based 70% on sales volume and 30% on Mustang registrations in the dealer marketing area. Stay in touch with your people but don't be an ass. We need to work together on this so we all have fun
Thanks for clarifying the stripes thing. It was related to color not length. GM is considering installing more colors at the factory instead of only installing a few and having the dealers install the rest. They did not discuss changing the length of the stripes at all.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote