Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #29
Tom_T

Drives: 2013 Convertible /2SS/RS/LS3
I bought my '11 vert on July 1, 2011, we loved it. I did have the top replaced in April of 2012 for wear marks, the dealer did a great job.........can't say enough good things about them! Never experienced another problem with the top after that, no leaks, no wear marks, nothing.
After over 18,000 miles I decided that the L99 was boring so traded it for a 2013 LS3, at just over 1600 miles we are loving it. Looked at a coupe w/ sun roof but it just wasn't the same. Top down is a great way to go.
Tom_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #30
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
The tonneau cover is annoying to put on. I've never used it on the road. Just put it on once at a wedding. It looked nice and all, but it's annoying to get on there. I drive around with my top "flapping" in the wind. Maybe it does cause wear marks, but doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I think most drivers avoid the tonneau cover
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #31
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention now that the leaks are fixed (body seal in trunk area, and drain tube in water bag) the car is very water tight! I was driving in a virtual monsoon yesterday and the carpet was dry and not so much as a drip around the window seals.

We are glad to learn that the repair on your convertible top was so successful JR 1. We wish you a continued great experience with your vehicle. Find new roads.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #32
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
a friend of mine has an orange vert... says he's had no problems with it.. it's his first vert and has had it for a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustdave View Post
according to my guy i can, but who the hell knows, it changes daily. If not it may be for the better with the 14 previewing around the corner.
needed a '13 since I didn't like the refresh and I called the phone# listed on the chevy site to talk to them directly.. was told twice that June 25 or 27? (can't remember anymore) was the last date to put in orders.. (second call was made at a dealership to prove the salesman he was wrong)

they will tell you they can to get you inside and then run your options through a search to find the closest matches to dealer trade...
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #33
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
The tonneau cover is annoying to put on. I've never used it on the road. Just put it on once at a wedding. It looked nice and all, but it's annoying to get on there. I drive around with my top "flapping" in the wind. Maybe it does cause wear marks, but doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I think most drivers avoid the tonneau cover
I put mine on any time I am going to be driving at highway speeds for extended distances or I am going to have the top down for several hours. It looks so much better with it on and stops the annoying flapping at speed.
Once you have put it on and taken it off a few times its not really a bother. I can put it on in about 3 minutes, and takes even less time to take it off.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #34
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candr3535 View Post
Thanks William love all three of my GM vehicles....
Awesome!

Thanks for being such a loyal customer ! I definitely hope you continue to have such high praise for all of your vehicles. Feel free to message me anytime with questions Candr3535.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #35
rubbersoul84

Drives: IO 2012 2SS/RS convertible
I love my '12 vert. The top was replaced once and so far, nothing other than some fold marks that go away after a day with the top up. I use the tonneau about half the time. With an early build date, I expected some problems, but I guess I got lucky. My dealer has been great and I don't regret the decision to buy the car at all. It's just so much fun to drive!
rubbersoul84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #36
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
First awesome...I wouldn't trade my vert in for a coup unless for some odd reason I would die unless I did....then I would....

As far as the rub marks, they supposedly have that covered. I think they went with a thinner roof to do it personally.

I have a '12 and got some rub marks. took it in and there was zero problems getting it replaced, they hardly even looked at the marks when I told them about it.

Was in the shop for 3 or 4 days, but they provided a rental so wasnt a huge deal.

The only issue I have with the cover, is they use metal tongues to hold it on, and the plastic it goes under is soft as anything, easy to scratch. Really wish they would coat the ends with rubber or something.

Last edited by Rhyder; 07-18-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #37
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Coupes can have water problems too....
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #38
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersoul84 View Post
I love my '12 vert. The top was replaced once and so far, nothing other than some fold marks that go away after a day with the top up. I use the tonneau about half the time. With an early build date, I expected some problems, but I guess I got lucky. My dealer has been great and I don't regret the decision to buy the car at all. It's just so much fun to drive!
rubbersoul84,

That's also great to hear! I'm happy your experience has been thoroughly positive and hope everything remains that way! Drive safe out there .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #39
Minge

Drives: 2013 2SS
Overall I am very pleased with my 2013 vert with two notable exceptions. The my link conductivity leaves allot to ge desired. I have a manual transmission and the drive line slack, clutch drop, gear sincro noise it makes is just plain unacceptable. So much so there is a letter to all dealers that is given to consumers that bring your car into service concerning this noise. If gm has to give this letter stating this is normal tells me right up front it is not normal.
Minge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #40
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
itsjustdave,

Glad to hear you're getting your wife a new Camaro! That is a fantastic choice and you'll enjoy every moment with it.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

For any of you who wonder why these folks get $12hr to surf the web, half NOT GM/work driven, the other, well, here's what it is.

Very inspiring there William R., you are a tribute to nothing, as you bring nothing to the table.

But thanks anyways.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #41
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
For any of you who wonder why these folks get $12hr to surf the web, half NOT GM/work driven, the other, well, here's what it is.

Very inspiring there William R., you are a tribute to nothing, as you bring nothing to the table.

But thanks anyways.
Instead of attacking him why not just put him on your ignore list if you don't like his posts? He's not hurting you in any way...
Old 07-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #42
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I had a 2011 2SS/RS Vert, and yes it developed the original complaint of rub marks, but my dealer replaced the top and everything was perfect for 20,000 miles that I put on it before trading it in on the ZL1 Vert.

I have 8,000 miles now on my 2013 ZL1 Vert and the car is perfect.

Just know that the tires that come on your car are 'summer' tires. Once the temp drops below 50 degrees, traction can become a problem. If you drive it in the winter as some do, just make sure to get a good set of winter tires and you'll be fine.

You're gonna love your new car.

And BTW, with regards to 2013/2014, it's all up to you. Even though production on the 2014's has started, there will still be many 2013's sitting on lots everywhere.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote