Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #43
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explit Player View Post
Listen guys, me and mom are close, and she knows I just want to have fun.. everyone thats actually helping, thanks you guys are awesome.
As I learned growing up its best to follow what your parents tell you as long as you live at home. You don't want to make mom angry at you over something like this because you may really want something really important later on.
Have you taken her with you? Ask her to go and let her see for herself what it really is about.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #44
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
I have a 2011 2ss and it cost less than my wrangler did.... It's not an expensive car
I'm not talking about it being expensive (Although, price standpoint, my 2LT/RS cost almost exactly 10x more than my Wrangler lol), I'm talking about the fact that his parents bought him a fully loaded V8 Camaro. Hardly a good college vehicle. But it would certainly be awesome...
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
Old 04-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #45
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
I'm not talking about it being expensive (Although, price standpoint, my 2LT/RS cost almost exactly 10x more than my Wrangler lol), I'm talking about the fact that his parents bought him a fully loaded V8 Camaro. Hardly a good college vehicle. But it would certainly be awesome...
My parents bought me a 2012 JK wrangler for my first car and I absolutely hated it. I was getting 10-12mpg and it is an extremely impractical car. Kept it for 18mths and traded it for my 11 2ss/rs. Good suspension and power windows/locks are amazing. I'll have to make it a good college vehicle lol
Old 04-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #46
Logan1234

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Listen guys, me and mom are close, and she knows I just want to have fun.. everyone thats actually helping, thanks you guys are awesome.
For you, "actually helping" = telling you what you want to hear.

People who are telling you what you DON'T want to hear are giving you perspective. Wisdom comes from listening and understanding, even if you don't like it or agree with it.

Your mom is probably concerned about your safety and the potential expense or damage caused by racing.

What you should be asking is "how can I convince my mom to stop caring about my safety and that it's okay to piss her money away on my car and insurance while I do something dangerous".
Old 04-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #47
CrtRS13

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tint 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Pay for your own car, end of story! And if you are paying for your own car and insurance then really she has nothing to say.

Sent from my AGM, 2SS/RS
This!!! And if it's not what you want to hear, then don't ask.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #48
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Break the car at the track = potential drive train warranty void.
Hit the wall, someone crosses over and hits you= no insurance repair/cancelled insurance.

I know you want to have fun, we all do. I would suggest a driving program, or Autocross to start with. My son is getting his license soon, his next stop will be a car control clinic. Show your mom your interested in experience and safety first.

And remember Murphy's Law
What can go wrong, can and will go wrong.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:09 PM   #49
xXSicSicSicXx

Drives: 14 1LE
sounds like it's not your car..
Old 04-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #50
tc Bosnian

Drives: 09 a4 1500 silverado 2010 2ss rs
Easy, tell her if she doesn't let you drag race you will race on the street and if she's smart enough she'll let you drag race. At least at the track its LEGAL and if something happens you'll have staff to help you. Most likely you won't go too fast especially if its a manual. Or just move out and have your own rules.

465 WHP and 445 torque.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #51
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc Bosnian View Post
Easy, tell her if she doesn't let you drag race you will race on the street and if she's smart enough she'll let you drag race. At least at the track its LEGAL and if something happens you'll have staff to help you. Most likely you won't go too fast especially if its a manual. Or just move out and have your own rules.
Bad advice. He says that the car will be gone.... Period. I know if my son had said something like that he would have been riding a bike... And I don't mean motorcycle either.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:14 AM   #52
tc Bosnian

Drives: 09 a4 1500 silverado 2010 2ss rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Bad advice. He says that the car will be gone.... Period. I know if my son had said something like that he would have been riding a bike... And I don't mean motorcycle either.
I was being sarcastic. It's a dumb thread anyways. Her car, her house, her rules. If he doesn't like it, move out. Pay your own bills and make your own decisions..

465 WHP and 445 torque.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:33 AM   #53
thxultra

Drives: Mean ass V6
Quote:
Looks like a pretty sweet ride for your mom to buy you. I would be thankful for such a nice ride and respect your moms wishes. When i was living with my parents I would have just been happy to drive a junker let alone a Camaro. Be happy that you have you mom and that she is so cool to buy you such a nice ride.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:39 AM   #54
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Why do I get the feeling this is "ss_camaro_10"?
Old 04-22-2014, 08:48 AM   #55
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
Why do I get the feeling this is "ss_camaro_10"?
Old 04-22-2014, 10:42 AM   #56
SSeniorMoment

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6 IOM
Quote:
Ok, so streetfights are going on at Bristol Motor Speedway's drag strip. Well ive been every week this year and for some reason, my mom is HARD set on not letting me take the car down there. I have been driving it for a year now (not every day, just as a sunday type car) and I have never gotten a ticket for anything, but she insists on telling me that as soon as I touch the strip, the Car is going to explode somehow. How do I show her that I can drive a car on the dragway responisbly. I told her I wasnt going to burn it out or run it insanely hard. I just want to feel what its like going down the lane..what would you guys tell her?
Have you thought about taking your mom out to dinner at some of the local car shows? Have her rub elbows with men and women in her own age group. There are a lot of women and men who love horsepower and are very outgoing.

Muscle car owners belong to a culture that's night and day away from office parties!

Closed Thread