Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-28-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
Akquaman

Drives: Camaro 2014 RS
Professionally Tuning advise for 2014 2LS RS

Tuning consultation for 2LS RS
Hi' guys, before actually making the appointment I'd rather hear from you. Brand new 2014, just made first oil change at 3100 miles. Is it well worth it to take it get professionally tuned-up? What would be the HP gains? Any backlash secondary "negative" effects for a brand new vehicle? I'm planning taking it to 'Stillen Performance' here in Orange County. Words of wisdom highly appreciated! Thanks very much!
Ps: I've also thought about getting a K&N cold air intake for it. Should I wait and do all together?... Any issue concerning the 'factory warranty'?
Many thanks! A.
Akquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #2
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Welcome to C5. A "tune" or recalibration of your ECM will void your powertrain warranty. Some of us, ahem, do it anyway. But that step is usually taken after long tube headers which are illegal in Cali. No problems with an air intake and you won't need a tune for that. What all are you planning to have Stillen do?
Old 04-28-2014, 09:40 PM   #3
acvc
ACVC

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Summit White
Just FYI...
I have 20142SS/RS
500 miles on it and I added K&N CAI, Borla ATAK cat back.
Just about everyone including the dealer( who said they would overlook headers) has said add headers and tune will void warranty.
I'll just wait about a year and then do it anyways most likely.
acvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #4
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
In any mod adventure, I think it's important to come up with a goal for the car. What do you want it to be, and how long do you plan to keep it?

My best advice is to weigh your options, keep your overall goal in mind, and to not mod faster than you can pay for the mods in cash. Too much? Slow down and save up.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:51 AM   #5
Zig Zag

Drives: 2014 1LT
You should read this first- http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307690
Zig Zag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
CrtRS13

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tint 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zig Zag View Post
That post is about the 2ls, I'm not sure the op has a 2ls since it also says RS, unless you can now get the RS package with the LS. I'm assuming he meant 2lt. I could be wrong though.

Op , I would just do the cai and ported throttle body and hold off thinking about a tune.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #7
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
2LS RS? Interesting
Old 04-29-2014, 10:03 PM   #8
wocampb

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE BRM, '12 Cruze LT 6M
Look at the tune from IPF. It will give you some decent gains if you run premium fuel after the tune. It is also a ghost tune on the off chance your dealership actually looks for a tune on a V6. I know out here most dealers won't even check for one on a V6.
4B00 - 10/30/13
Arrived at dealer - 11/12/13
Arrived in my garage - 11/15/13
SLP Supercharger, SLP headers, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 1in Hotchkis Springs, SLP Cold-Air Intake, Painted Chrome Strip, Painted Rear Valance, and more to come soon.
wocampb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #9
Akquaman

Thank you a million guys!

Thank you so much for the insights on the tuning part and all. I have now a better understanding. I've owned a 94' RS in the past and I've always wanted to "upgrade it" a bit when I bought it with 91,000 miles. Cash issues didn't allow me to do it but I fall in love with the damn thing, if you know what I mean. Loved it, used it and sometimes "abused it" (in the good way! at Morosso Motorpark ) when I was single and living in Miami... Now my position is different... and I may be able to do some with time. Now we also count with a resource like this for advice and tips! Thank you guys! A great pleasure to be part of this community. Regards!!

Last edited by Akquaman; 05-05-2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Confusion, misunderstanding
Old 05-05-2014, 03:35 PM   #10
Akquaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by acvc View Post
Just FYI...
"I added K&N CAI, Borla ATAK cat back".
Just about everyone including the dealer( who said they would overlook headers) has said add headers and tune will void warranty.
I'll just wait about a year and then do it anyways most likely.
acvc, I'm confused. So you DID do the upgrades or you are going to in a year or so?
If you did installed the K&N CAI, Borla ATAK cat back what changes/improvements have you noticed since? Sound? Power? I'd like to know your personal experience. Regards! Thanks!

Tags
tuning advice for 2014 v6