Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
tmcclint

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Would this bother you?

Guys and gals,

I'm curious how you would feel about this situation. I can't prove this is happening yet but I'm just curious how you all would handle it.

Back in the middle of September i ordered a new 2014 2SS RS 1LE in Ashen Gray. The dealer messed up the order and placed it as a stock order rather than a customer order. The order was corrected around October 7 so that it was a customer order. So at this point i'm expecting my car either next week or the week after. I get a call this morning from the dealer saying my car is in and that they would like me to come get it tomorrow before the end of the month. So I say sure, I can do that and the dealer says they'll work with me on the additions i want because i really had not planned on going over til Saturday (no real reason just hoping for some incentives since they refresh on Friday). Well i get home tonight and start thinking about it. I put my order in the Chevy website and track it... Status says "en route", not "at the dealer." So i take it a step further and go to my dealers website. They show a car just like my ordered one as being in transit. So what I'm thinking is that they dealer swapped for a car just like mine so that they could get my sale before the end of the month.

I cannot prove any of this at this point, but would it bother any of you if your dealer had done this? Granted, my order didn't include anything special except the 1LE package but there's something about ordering a car specifically for you rather than just taking it from the lot.

Just curious about your thoughts on this.
tmcclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
For the amount you payed, invested YOUR time to order YOUR car to YOUR exact specifications. I would want (demand) The car YOU ordered.

just my 2 cents...
Old 10-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
If the car is new, without defect, and is exactly what you placed an order for, then there's no actual problem. But that doesn't mean you should be happy.

The dealer lying is always a problem. If they lied about this, they will lie about other things too.

I work in customer service. The rules of good CS are easy:

1) give a shit about the customer. if the customer knows you give a shit, then even if you tell the customer bad news, they know you still give a shit about them.
2) People remember lies longer than a good deal. So don't lie.
3) don't lie
4) don't lie
Old 10-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
Wilsonation

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcclint View Post
Guys and gals,

I'm curious how you would feel about this situation. I can't prove this is happening yet but I'm just curious how you all would handle it.

Back in the middle of September i ordered a new 2014 2SS RS 1LE in Ashen Gray. The dealer messed up the order and placed it as a stock order rather than a customer order. The order was corrected around October 7 so that it was a customer order. So at this point i'm expecting my car either next week or the week after. I get a call this morning from the dealer saying my car is in and that they would like me to come get it tomorrow before the end of the month. So I say sure, I can do that and the dealer says they'll work with me on the additions i want because i really had not planned on going over til Saturday (no real reason just hoping for some incentives since they refresh on Friday). Well i get home tonight and start thinking about it. I put my order in the Chevy website and track it... Status says "en route", not "at the dealer." So i take it a step further and go to my dealers website. They show a car just like my ordered one as being in transit. So what I'm thinking is that they dealer swapped for a car just like mine so that they could get my sale before the end of the month.

I cannot prove any of this at this point, but would it bother any of you if your dealer had done this? Granted, my order didn't include anything special except the 1LE package but there's something about ordering a car specifically for you rather than just taking it from the lot.

Just curious about your thoughts on this.

If you have your order number, go to the link below and post your order number with the state you live in and ask becky if she can give you the VIN number associated with the order number. Print that out, or write it down, if the car you go to get tomorrow doesn't match that VIN, walk away. Leave that dealer with now 2 identical cars sitting on their lot and take your business elsewhere.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...1115&page=1984
10/28/13 TPW
11/2/13 Built and Bayed
11/7/13 Shipped
11/14/13 Brought home!
Wilsonation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
if the car they are offering you is the exact same as you wanted, i would see no problem. if it aint , then tell them you will wait for the car you ordered, whether its in october or runs into november. i actually bought my car last day of september for them to get in their books, but i actually didnt take delivery nor had financing done till first week in october. dealers are notorious for wanting to get in final sales by last day of the month for their incentive plans, etc.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
If the car is new, without defect, and is exactly what you placed an order for, then there's no actual problem. But that doesn't mean you should be happy.

The dealer lying is always a problem. If they lied about this, they will lie about other things too.

1) give a shit about the customer. if the customer knows you give a shit, then even if you tell the customer bad news, they know you still give a shit about them.
3) don't lie
4) don't lie
Old 10-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #7
NJIOMSS

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
If it's the exact car you ordered with everything you wanted then you're in a unique position to get it for a great price. Tell them that if they want to close the sale by end of business tomorrow, then you want it for under invoice. If not then walk and order your car at another dealer. Not unless you put money down for the car you have already ordered and are legally obligated to them. It's the nature of the beast, dealers are "dealing" to get what they want and need. Don't take it personally, you're not the first one Just try to make it work for you this time. GL
NJIOMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #8
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
if the car they are offering you is the exact same as you wanted, i would see no problem. if it aint , then tell them you will wait for the car you ordered, whether its in october or runs into november. i actually bought my car last day of september for them to get in their books, but i actually didnt take delivery nor had financing done till first week in october. dealers are notorious for wanting to get in final sales by last day of the month for their incentive plans, etc.
Yeah, they are for sure trying to get this in the sales book by end of day Thursday. Happy Halloween. Now, who gets tricked or gets the treat?

May want to hedge around and state "hmmm really can't make it in until Friday, what's it worth for my troubles?....."
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #9
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
I would simply ask the dealer, "why does the car I ordered show in transit, en route and not at dealer"?
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #10
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJIOMSS View Post
If it's the exact car you ordered with everything you wanted then you're in a unique position to get it for a great price. Tell them that if they want to close the sale by end of business tomorrow, then you want it for under invoice. If not then walk and order your car at another dealer. Not unless you put money down for the car you have already ordered and are legally obligated to them. It's the nature of the beast, dealers are "dealing" to get what they want and need. Don't take it personally, you're not the first one Just try to make it work for you this time. GL
Interesting. Here in AZ, you get all your money back if you cancel for any reason, until you drive it off the lot. Then, it's yours. Pontiac dealer tried that, and I told them to stuff it, and walked out with my deposit refunded, and in hand.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:12 PM   #11
Wilsonation

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Interesting. Here in AZ, you get all your money back if you cancel for any reason, until you drive it off the lot. Then, it's yours. Pontiac dealer tried that, and I told them to stuff it, and walked out with my deposit refunded, and in hand.
Same here. Had a similar situation with a Dealer in Pennsylvania.
10/28/13 TPW
11/2/13 Built and Bayed
11/7/13 Shipped
11/14/13 Brought home!
Wilsonation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #12
tmcclint

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
If there was something special about the car i ordered (special edition or limited option other than the 1LE) then i might be a bit upset but seeing as i didn't and it has everything i wanted and nothing i specifically didn't (i.e. a sunroof) then i'm okay. I guess if they want to throw in some Recaros for free then maybe i'll overlook the whole thing :-)

The dealer has been pretty decent so far so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. We'll find out for sure tomorrow though.
tmcclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #13
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
The one you ordered should have less than 10 miles on it or close to it. The dealer trade car will probably have way more because most of the time, they drive them, not trailered. If it were me, I would want the car I ordered.

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #14
EXCALIBER

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS.. her name is "Lucille"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post

3) don't lie
4) don't lie

exactly!
Now, if Government, and Employers would catch on to this idea, we might actually get somewhere....
EXCALIBER is offline   Reply With Quote