Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-02-2014, 12:10 AM   #1
bruno173

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Ac problems help!!!!!!

My ac is blowing hot air not sure what's the problem any suggestion before taking in to the dealership ???? Help please thanks .
bruno173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #2
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
I had the same thing with mine. Turned out to be a defective hose that was swelled partially shut.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:13 AM   #3
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
The condenser coil is easily damaged by rocks/road debris on these cars, (thanks to the big open grill).
If you have a friend with a AC gauge set have them hook up to see if you have any refrigerant left.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #4
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Pretty much a trip to the dealer no matter how you slice it. Obviously there is no more freon in the system. Something caused the freon to go a way like a leaking hose or compressor. That will have to be found and fixed. Then you're system will need to be recharged.

Unless you have the ability to do all of that then it's off to the shop. If you still have a warranty then that's what it's for.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #5
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Mine still had all the freon. The swelled hose was just causing a pressure drop where there shouldn't be one. AC is all about pressures. It took 3 visits and two dealers to diagnose mine. If they don't find anything obviously wrong with the system have them check all the rubber lines for internal swelling.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #6
daytripper

Drives: IOM 2012 1SS m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Pretty much a trip to the dealer no matter how you slice it. Obviously there is no more freon in the system. Something caused the freon to go a way like a leaking hose or compressor. That will have to be found and fixed. Then you're system will need to be recharged.

Unless you have the ability to do all of that then it's off to the shop. If you still have a warranty then that's what it's for.
It's not obvious that the freon is gone. There are lots of things that will make a system blow hot. The 1st thing to check is that when you turn it on, watch and see if the clutch engages and the compressor is kicking in.Probably not, then start checking to see if it is getting a signal.If not check the a/c fuse.You might get lucky.
daytripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #7
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
It's not obvious that the freon is gone. There are lots of things that will make a system blow hot. The 1st thing to check is that when you turn it on, watch and see if the clutch engages and the compressor is kicking in.Probably not, then start checking to see if it is getting a signal.If not check the a/c fuse.You might get lucky.
yes, but if a fuse blows there's usually a problem that's causing that.

but I noticed its a 2010. do you have an extended warranty? if not, why in the world are you going to the dealership? I mean, you do realize your going to pay 20-40% more there don't you?
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #8
bruno173

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Thanks everyone I still have warranty I purchase and extended warranty when I bought my camaro it only has 25k miles the crazy part that today in the morning when I went to work I try on turning my ac again and this time it work not sure what's going on with it but I set up and appointment so they could check it hopefully is nothing majored
Attached Images

bruno173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #9
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno173 View Post
Thanks everyone I still have warranty I purchase and extended warranty when I bought my camaro it only has 25k miles the crazy part that today in the morning when I went to work I try on turning my ac again and this time it work not sure what's going on with it but I set up and appointment so they could check it hopefully is nothing majored
sounds like a sensor, or switch, or something like that. if the freon had leaked out it would never have come back on. same if the compressor was toast.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello bruno173,

I am sorry to hear of the air conditioning malfunction you are experiencing. If you would like our assistance while working with your dealership, or if you have additional questions, please feel free to send us a private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #11
CrtRS13

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tint 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno173 View Post
I had a problem similar to this in my 350z, on hot days it would blow warm air, but when it was cooler out it would blow cool air. Turned out it was a relay that wasn't turning on the ac clutch/compressor.