Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-09-2009, 07:43 AM   #1
thejoker1232

Drives: furture 1LT synergy green camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to thejoker1232
Can someone help me make a couple of decisions

2lt vs 1ss
Hey camaro5 i was pondering the other day about what car to get, i am currently stuck between a loaded 2lt and a 1ss i know the 2lt has all the other stuff but me i just want the halos (does it come with the rs package?) and the ambient lighting. I dont really care about the 4pack gauges, or the leather seats, and i can add boston acoustics to the 1ss i was just wondering you guys thoughts thanks ....

Color
rjt vs iom anyone live in east texas i was wondering wich of the two is more rare in east texas, and what are your thoughts on the color i've narrowed it down from 5-6 colors to these two and it is killing me deciding on a color because i didn't expect every color to look good on the camaro even synergy green concept looks good but i just want a classic muscle care color and i have already had a silver car my mom has a grey car and i dont want a black car due to the temperatures in texas as well as having to clean it all the time.

Exhaust
anyone get the performance exhaust upgrade from chevy i was wondering what it was and why is their 3 different prices

thanks guys
thejoker1232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Yes, halo lights comes with the RS package. All Camaros have the ambient lighting, I think.
Get the 1SS/RS

RJT would be much more rare. Most sold color is black, then red, silver, and orange.

I got a 2LT/RS for daily driver (better gas mileage with the V6)

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:56 AM   #3
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
OK...
to get the halos - add RS pkg. On an LT it adds A LOT (20" wheels, spoiler, HID/halos, red RS badges and a colored roof ditch). On an SS the only REAL addition is the HID/halos since 20" wheels and a spoiler is standard. Also the SS badge will be red instead of white.

To get the ambient lighting - either get a 2LT or a 2SS, wich comes with basically everything, 4 pack, leather heated seats, plastic door panels and dash insert instead of cloth (needed for ABL)...etc. OR you can get the 1LT or 1SS and add the plastic door panels and dash insert and add the ABL to save a ton of cash if you dont want the other gingerbread (leather, 4 pack...etc.)

If you don't care about the V8 for sound and performance reasons, then get the 1LT RS with the comfort and conv. pkg and add the plastic door pieces and add ABL. This will save you from having to get crap you dont want. And the V6 is no slouch. I test drove a 1LT RS auto... very nice and stunning performace for only 6 cylinders but wife stepped in and said no way in hell are we getting a V6...what a woman!

If you really want the V8 why ask about the V6? get the 1SS RS which comes with the C/C pkg and add the ABL.

As for color, thats a personal preference. I love RJT, wife hates it. I guess thats what makes the world go around...

Good luck!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
fsuredneck

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang
I say get the 1SS/RS as long as your funds can support this. Otherwise, I would get the 2LT/RS over the 1SS. (I prefer lots of cool options on a car that still fast, than a basic really fast car)

Both colors you chose are going to be nice. Depending on what you want to do cosmetically, there is still no telling which color to suggest to you. There are going to be so many of these cars eventually that I wouldn't worry about the rarity of the color. Go with whichever one YOU like best. I like RJT because it's one of my college colors, but I like IOM better in a sunny area because it really shines a lot more in person than in pics if you haven't seen one in person yet. RJT looks better on days without much sun, though.

I don't know anything about exhausts, but I suggest waiting till you pick what model you want before looking too deeply at exhaust options.\

Good luck!
fsuredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #5
thejoker1232

Drives: furture 1LT synergy green camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to thejoker1232
yeah i want the 1ss but the only options i want is the halos, and the abl because it's cool i don't really mind not having the 4 pack gauges, and the reason i ask 2lt or 1ss is because my choice of purchase is between a 2lt and a 1ss...
thejoker1232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
If you can handle the extra insurance rates, using premium fuel only and 8 quarts of Mobil 1 every oil change, get the 1SS. To me it's not that big of a deal, but those are the only real reasons NOT to get the 1SS.

I am with you - I can go without leather, ambient light, etc. I am ordering my 1SS with nothing but moonroof and RS package. The performance and sound of the LS3 is just too sweet to pass up. On the other hand, the 3.6 VVT is no slouch either.

I'd still go with the 1SS.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #7
wavrun2000
o come on

Drives: 06 GTO
I would just get the 1SS because the two things that you want (the halos and ambient lighting) can be added latter, the V8 is going to be hard to add later. As for the color RJT is a more rare color, so if you are looking to stand out in a crowd that would be the one to get.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #8
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoker1232 View Post
yeah i want the 1ss but the only options i want is the halos, and the abl because it's cool i don't really mind not having the 4 pack gauges, and the reason i ask 2lt or 1ss is because my choice of purchase is between a 2lt and a 1ss...

I live near Texarkana and would say that my IOM is one of a kind. I have seen every other color so far.

If you can afford it get the SS. I have the 2LT but really was pushing my budget on the options I wanted so the extra $6,000 for the SS with the same options would have been too much.

Also I had originally gone with the cloth seats but am real glad that I upgraded to the leather seats.

After a few weeks of driving I wish I could have afforded the SS.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #9
Phoneguy

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro CGM 2LT
You live in Texas and have to ask if IOM is rare? I have seen more of those on the road in the DFW are than any other single color. Go with the RJT. As far as 2LT vs 1SS; that is a matter of personal preference. I wanted the bells and whistles but didn't want the associated price tag of the 2SS so I took the 2LT as my Daily Driver. Now, when the convertible comes out, that might be another story.
Phoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #10
MI2010Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Being old enough to remember the glory days of the late 60's, we used to buy Camaro's and the like based on the saying "... it's all about the motor" . After 30+ years the same holds true for me today. That's why I chose a 1SS. It's well equipped but with the "gonzo" (anybody else remember that term?) powertrain.
#143575 Delivered 9/14/09
MI2010Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #11
wavrun2000
o come on

Drives: 06 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI2010Camaro View Post
Being old enough to remember the glory days of the late 60's, we used to buy Camaro's and the like based on the saying "... it's all about the motor" . After 30+ years the same holds true for me today. That's why I chose a 1SS. It's well equipped but with the "gonzo" (anybody else remember that term?) powertrain.

I am to young for any of that but that is the same way I buy cars. I could care less if i was sitting on a lawn chair as long as it has a big motor and hauls a$$ I am good.