Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #281
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
I'd love a Lapua! It is such an awesome round, throw it in this gun...

A Surgeon Remedy

I'd be one happy camper, lol!!
Old 08-20-2010, 01:00 AM   #282
Decibel JJ
Car nut

Drives: Tahoe Z71, Race cars
[QUOTE=mrray13;2237219]Car audio guy, huh? That's a mag extension on that 12 too, lol. Do you use those speedloaders for it? How do they work out?

I had to machine the extension to get it to fit right but once i did, it will fit 10+1 2 3/4" shells in it. The polished brace on the front is actually a slightly modded billet heater hose clamp i got at the hotrod shop LOL.

Yes, i do have the speedloader tubes. you can see the hooks on the bottom of the action. Usually during a match i would carry 6 tubes at a time and a couple speed clips as a backup at each stage. they work pretty well once modded with a delrin guide rod out the top. I can do a full reload (10 shells) in about 4-5 seconds.

R.I.P. Evan .. A true Friend
Decibel JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #283
mrray13

That's flying!!And that's a whole lotta shotgun!!
Old 08-22-2010, 03:04 AM   #284
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Talking YAR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
I'd love a Lapua! It is such an awesome round, throw it in this gun...

A Surgeon Remedy

I'd be one happy camper, lol!!

Yar I want a Laupa bad. Gata save money for a Z28 tho. . . . .
Old 08-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #285
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
I'll add my guns to the thread.

My full size pistol is a Ruger P95, two 15 round mags plus a 32 round mag.

Here's my carry pistol (I have a permit, by the way), a Kel Tec P-11. 20oz fully loaded with 11 9mm rounds.

And here's a pic of both together.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #286
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
As promised the gun shop got the H&K P30 for me to shoot. Just happened to be carrying the Baretta yesterday while out on our Kawasaki's.

Guy beside us had to be shooting a cannon, OMG the floor shook. I had my hands over my ear protection. I waited to fire my weapon until he was reloading cause it kept breaking my concentration, plus his target was about 1-2 ft from mine and it was wiggling back and forth.

H&K P30, comfy grip, a little lighter weight loaded than the Beretta. But I didn't notice ANY difference in the recoil and for over $1000, I can purchase two nice handguns. They sold the S&W M&P and a replacement is arriving tomorrow so we are going to go and shoot that, I think the hubby is already sold on the S&W though. Also shooting the H&K USP tomorrow, but that's almost $900 and can't imagine that it's much different than the P30?

I'll keep ya's posted. Thankx for the suggestions, it's been very helpful for me. Lori
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #287
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
As promised the gun shop got the H&K P30 for me to shoot. Just happened to be carrying the Baretta yesterday while out on our Kawasaki's.

Guy beside us had to be shooting a cannon, OMG the floor shook. I had my hands over my ear protection. I waited to fire my weapon until he was reloading cause it kept breaking my concentration, plus his target was about 1-2 ft from mine and it was wiggling back and forth.

H&K P30, comfy grip, a little lighter weight loaded than the Beretta. But I didn't notice ANY difference in the recoil and for over $1000, I can purchase two nice handguns. They sold the S&W M&P and a replacement is arriving tomorrow so we are going to go and shoot that, I think the hubby is already sold on the S&W though. Also shooting the H&K USP tomorrow, but that's almost $900 and can't imagine that it's much different than the P30?

I'll keep ya's posted. Thankx for the suggestions, it's been very helpful for me. Lori

lol, I know how that range is... I was standing next to a guy shooting a .44 magnum there... I smelled like burnt gun powder for 2 days after that . I've shot my 12 gauge in there a few times... and completely ripped the whole target off once... I mean everything below the wire came off! . I went back into the store and said "hey, my target fell off". He started to hand me a new one and I said "No.... I mean all of it".... we both had a good laugh. There's a reason why I haven't taken the .50 in there, that thing would probably set off the smoke alarm . Are you planning on sticking with 9mm in the M&P?
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #288
mrray13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post

The USP will probably be as heavy, if not heavier, then the 92FS.

Get the M&P, I think you'll like it. The interchangeable backstraps will go a long way in making it fit your hand.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:03 AM   #289
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8

I'm really lusting for one of these!!!! for those who don't know what this is.. its a Israeli Ak variant called the "Galil AR" chambered for the 5.56 round

Since I can't buy a handgun.. mite as well stock up on long arms

For those who have one.. care to share any experiences

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon

Last edited by Muscle Master; 08-27-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #290
mrray13

I have a Saiga .223, which is a sporter AK. It's a sporter due to the pistol grip being removed and a standard target stock thrown on it. I've since thrown a Dragonov style stock on it.

If the Galil is anything like the Saiga, which I'm sure it is, it'll run flawlessly, even with cheapo, steel cased ammo. Which is part of the reason I got the Saiga, so I can shoot just about anything out of it, lol. Downside is it's nowhere near as accurate as my Armalite M15. Then again, the Saiga is plenty combat accurate, and that's all one truly needs, right??
Old 08-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #291
lee

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
hey guys im very new to guns and im starting to look around for my first gun,

i like the remington r-25, does anyone have an opinion on this gun?

Last edited by lee; 08-29-2010 at 02:34 PM.
lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:56 AM   #292
mrray13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
hey guys im very new to guns and im starting to look around for my first gun,

i like the remington r-25, does anyone have an opinion on this gun?
With DPMS being the primary designer, and they have built ARs for awhile, I will wager this will be a good rifle. Throw a good optic on it, and you should be set for awhile.

What caliber were you looking at?
Old 08-30-2010, 12:12 PM   #293
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
I never understood why people take target practice with handguns with the target 2 feet in front of them?

I start at a minimum 10 feet and usually at 25 feet for grins.

The closure rate of a bad guy within 10 feet is quick.

And if you can't hit a target from 2 feet away you need to turn in your gun.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:07 PM   #294
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
I never understood why people take target practice with handguns with the target 2 feet in front of them?

I start at a minimum 10 feet and usually at 25 feet for grins.

The closure rate of a bad guy within 10 feet is quick.

And if you can't hit a target from 2 feet away you need to turn in your gun.

When we go target shooting with handguns we shoot at no less then 7 yards and that's only if it is a new gun we are breaking in or we took someone that has never shot before. Most of the time we shoot at 25 yards with handguns.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun