Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #99
metalemt
Urban Ninja

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmincamaro View Post
they do make 10 round mags for you poor guys in CA The DA is really smooth on these and the SA is short and crisp. The grip on them is molded like most polymer pistols and is a very aggressive grip. You will have a hard time getting this thing to slip out of your hand... its almost sharp. It has a 3 way safety on it (both sides which is a plus for lefties). Safe, fire and decock. If your used to a 1911, this will be a natural shot for you. I've held the FNP40 which looks a little different. The grips are much smoother and the barrel is shorter but from what I've heard, its also very accurate. Only 270 days now til I can buy mine (this is first on my list).

The FNP 40 and 9 are actually completely different than the FNP 45, but if you check out the FXP 40 and 9 those are modeled after the 45.
metalemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:41 PM   #100
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
anyone have a glock 22? thinking of buying one. also considering the springfield XD .40SW (not sure what model it is). but springfield is pretty expensive. i have 2 friend who swear by glock
comiskeybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #101
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
anyone have a glock 22? thinking of buying one. also considering the springfield XD .40SW (not sure what model it is). but springfield is pretty expensive. i have 2 friend who swear by glock

Make that 3 friends...lol.

I have a 22c. It has seen 7500ish rounds through it. never malfunctions.

I just ordered a new replacement for it, same exact thing.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #102
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
I have a Glock 22, 2nd gen, as a duty weapon, issued by my department. I carry a G23 as a backup. While Glocks aren't perfect, they are great duty weapons. I also like the fact I can stuff a fullsize G22 mag in the G23 magwell, and it will run like a Glock clock!!

But if I could have my way.....

Name:  0610101108b.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  108.8 KB

40mm bofurs! Ain't no stopping me now!! The smiling boy up high is my reloader/son! He's a giggly as I am with these monsters!!

BTW, that's aboard the USS Alabama.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #103
2SS BUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
Exclamation Privacy/Safety

Hola.

Just a couple of points from the gallery. Not trying to put a damper on, but for those who are not as safety conscious or familiar with firearms as others in here....

1) For those of you posting pics of your POWs (Personally Owned Weapons), consider blurring out the serial numbers for your own privacy.

And

2) McKenzie (11 y/o field stripping the AR15/M4gery) did not execute proper clearing procedures prior to disassembly, nor did she execute proper functions check after re-assembly.

Proper M4/M16/AR15 clearing procedure:

1. Attempt to place weapon on safe
2. Remove source of feed
3. Lock bolt to rear, observing for round/brass ejection
4. 3 point check, bolt face, chamber, magazine well (day/visual, LIMVIS/tactile)
5. Allow bolt to return to battery
6. Point weapon in a safe direction
7. Place weapon on fire
8. Pull trigger
9. Charge weapon
10. Place weapon on safe

You may omit the last two steps prior to disassembly, if you choose

Functions check (semi-auto):

(If you did not just re-assemble the weapon, continue, otherwise go to step 2)
1. Clear weapon per above, all steps
2. Attempt to pull trigger, hammer should not drop
3. Place weapon on fire
4. Attempt to pull trigger, hammer should drop
5. Charge weapon
6. Place weapon on safe

I have personally witnessed one guy self administer a through and through to his hand with a G19 because of failure to properly clear his weapon. And I saw the result of another guy's failure to maintain SA in strong/weak hand M4 drills (9.5" bbl) and shoot the tip of his finger off.

My CV is 20 years active duty, USA, last 17 USSF. And I've never had a weapons safety violation or an ND. I have carried M9s, M1911s, M16A3s, and M4A1s.
2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #104
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I'm going to have to get myself the following two guns:

That lego gun is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Is that a Siaga 12 with a drum!? I want one so bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68/2010 View Post
Yes it is.
Almost got that in January. Brother talked me out of it Should have got it.:bangdesk:
Old 06-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #105
acamellis
IAMACE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black A6
Send a message via AIM to acamellis
Awesome thread!
Glad I found it.

Even though I have a truck, I rolled up in my Camaro for the late dove season

Got some unique looks
acamellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #106
O44DOG

Drives: 2010 SS
Does anyone have a good idea about storing/mounting weapons in the Camaro? Right now I just keep mine in the glove compartment. Are there any aftermarket solutions?
Don't worry, I live in Texas. We can carry guns!
O44DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:53 AM   #107
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by O44DOG View Post
Does anyone have a good idea about storing/mounting weapons in the Camaro? Right now I just keep mine in the glove compartment. Are there any aftermarket solutions?
Let me know if you find a place in the car. That''s where I keep my .38. I have a permitt for my guns.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #108
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmincamaro View Post
they do make 10 round mags for you poor guys in CA The DA is really smooth on these and the SA is short and crisp. The grip on them is molded like most polymer pistols and is a very aggressive grip. You will have a hard time getting this thing to slip out of your hand... its almost sharp. It has a 3 way safety on it (both sides which is a plus for lefties). Safe, fire and decock. If your used to a 1911, this will be a natural shot for you. I've held the FNP40 which looks a little different. The grips are much smoother and the barrel is shorter but from what I've heard, its also very accurate. Only 270 days now til I can buy mine (this is first on my list).
Yeah, I'm sold on the gun. I just have to get one now.

The ten round mag issue isn't really the deal breaker with this gun and the CA DOJ. Looking into it, I've found that FNH has two different part numbers for this gun. One is for the standard 14/15 round mags, and the other is one with a 10 round mag.

The problem with this particular gun (and with many others) is that it is not on the CA DOJ approved hand gun roster. THAT's why it can't be sold in CA. Now, here's the kicker, it's legal to possess it...........but not legal to sell. I know, weird huh?

There is one way I can get around this. My parents live in Virginia. There is a little known CA provision that states that hand guns can be gifted to a CA resident via parental lineage regardless if they are on the approved hand gun roster or not. So...........if my dad were to happen to buy one of these, and decide that he wanted to give it to me as a gift. All we would have to do is transfer the gun to an FFL and do a PPT. I would then file the appropriate CA DOJ form.

As long as the gun doesn't have features on it that would make it an AW (assault weapon), then the pistol can be transferred legally via private party transfer. Things that make it an AW are hi cap mags, and threaded barrels. So no FNP .45 tac for this guy! But since they make a 10 mag model, that one will be ok. I'm going to "shoot" (pun intended) for the FNP .45 DA/SA USG with the flat dark earth polymer frame.

Todd.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #109
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by O44DOG View Post
I'm not aware of any aftermarket carry solutions that are Camaro specific.

You could probably hollow out your center console a little bit and mount something custom. I saw a bunch of guys do this on the Trailblazer SS forum. Or possibly mount to the side of the center console adjacent to the gear selector. Or even in the door pocket?
Old 06-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #110
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by acamellis View Post
Awesome thread!
Glad I found it.

Even though I have a truck, I rolled up in my Camaro for the late dove season

Got some unique looks

Welcome to our little gun enthusiasts corner on Camaro5! I suggested we have a firearms sub forum to the mods and they gave us this sticky thread. Would have been better to have a sub forum like the sports section. But hey, we'll take what we can get right?

Todd
Old 06-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #111
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGBrix3 View Post
Hola.

Just a couple of points from the gallery. Not trying to put a damper on, but for those who are not as safety conscious or familiar with firearms as others in here....

1) For those of you posting pics of your POWs (Personally Owned Weapons), consider blurring out the serial numbers for your own privacy.

And

2) McKenzie (11 y/o field stripping the AR15/M4gery) did not execute proper clearing procedures prior to disassembly, nor did she execute proper functions check after re-assembly.

Proper M4/M16/AR15 clearing procedure:

1. Attempt to place weapon on safe
2. Remove source of feed
3. Lock bolt to rear, observing for round/brass ejection
4. 3 point check, bolt face, chamber, magazine well (day/visual, LIMVIS/tactile)
5. Allow bolt to return to battery
6. Point weapon in a safe direction
7. Place weapon on fire
8. Pull trigger
9. Charge weapon
10. Place weapon on safe

You may omit the last two steps prior to disassembly, if you choose

Functions check (semi-auto):

(If you did not just re-assemble the weapon, continue, otherwise go to step 2)
1. Clear weapon per above, all steps
2. Attempt to pull trigger, hammer should not drop
3. Place weapon on fire
4. Attempt to pull trigger, hammer should drop
5. Charge weapon
6. Place weapon on safe

I have personally witnessed one guy self administer a through and through to his hand with a G19 because of failure to properly clear his weapon. And I saw the result of another guy's failure to maintain SA in strong/weak hand M4 drills (9.5" bbl) and shoot the tip of his finger off.

My CV is 20 years active duty, USA, last 17 USSF. And I've never had a weapons safety violation or an ND. I have carried M9s, M1911s, M16A3s, and M4A1s.
Excellent post, thank you for that.

What are your thoughts on BZO? I always like to hear opinions on this, because I hear so many different methods from different people.

In my limited experience, I was taught to BZO at 50yds. Others say 25 yds, 100 yds, 200 yds, etc....

What do you say?
Old 06-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #112
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Excellent post, thank you for that.

What are your thoughts on BZO? I always like to hear opinions on this, because I hear so many different methods from different people.

In my limited experience, I was taught to BZO at 50yds. Others say 25 yds, 100 yds, 200 yds, etc....

What do you say?
Depends your target size imo. If you've got a good sized target 50 yds could be doable. I wouldn't do anything past 50 yds though, wind comes into play more and more the further out you shoot, and you want to remove as many variables as possible when you go to BZO.

Tags
camaro gun