Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-06-2011, 10:09 AM   #211
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
It was at the capital. The air was pretty good.. I was a little scared that it was going to rain but it worked out great. I might just do that gto.. so there's no e85 in NJ?
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #212
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Not according to this.

http://www.e85locator.net/

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #213
bmorecam
Account Suspended

That is the only downside to e85.. I have it and plenty of it from home to work but once I leave md I have no idea where I can get it at. I want to take a trip down to va sometime next month but it look like I will have to convert back to gas just to take trips. At least it dont take nothing but a few minutes to convert back.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #214
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
if anyone is interested...

Corrected DA:
Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
13.338 @ 106.553 MPH

Extensively Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
13.445 @ 105.807 MPH

Bmorecam is probably closer to mild.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #215
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
AWESOME!!

Way to go bmorecam!

It amazes me what we can do with these 'little' V6s when we get the combination just right.

To bmorecam....for breaking down new doors for us LLT owners!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #216
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
Brilliant news Bmorecam! Well done for even trying this mod
Old 08-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #217
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
hmmmmm, I'm really starting to consider this now lol.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #218
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
E85 is in abundance around here lol...but not sure if I'll ever go for this or not. Its not really that I think I'd kill my engine by running it....just not sure at what point I'll go for the tune.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #219
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Come on guys.. if you already have the full kit from vince then this is no brainer. Why are you guys letting me have all the fun but just hold on a little longer until I can get back on the dyno to verify the timing. I still have to send vince the final verification for the new timing I am testing out. I might still have a little power leftover but not by much. I will know for sure when I get on the dyno sometime next week.

There's no word to describe how this tune feel. The best way to describe would be to imagine the first time you guys uploaded vince's updated tune, but is like 5 times stronger at all times. If you have e85 station in your area just try it out then come here and thank me later lol.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #220
baup5f

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Coupe
awesome, congrats
we have lots of E85 here in missouri. . .
Old 08-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #221
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Come on guys.. if you already have the full kit from vince then this is no brainer. Why are you guys letting me have all the fun but just hold on a little longer until I can get back on the dyno to verify the timing. I still have to send vince the final verification for the new timing I am testing out. I might still have a little power leftover but not by much. I will know for sure when I get on the dyno sometime next week.

There's no word to describe how this tune feel. The best way to describe would be to imagine the first time you guys uploaded vince's updated tune, but is like 5 times stronger at all times. If you have e85 station in your area just try it out then come here and thank me later lol.

lol, you're killing me smalls. i have about 15 stations here with e85...only concern i have is longevity.

So all i have to do is ask vince for e85 tune, run gas as low as possible, and fill up e85, load tune, and i'm good to go?
Old 08-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #222
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
if anyone is interested...

Corrected DA:
Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
13.338 @ 106.553 MPH

Extensively Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
13.445 @ 105.807 MPH

Bmorecam is probably closer to mild.
sound about right but is this low tq we have that is killing performance or otherwise we would be with or pass SS times.

Also, I notice you had nos poor man. You know that ethanol already carry its own oxygen so when you do like 50 shot in return you will get like 90rwhp increase. Hotrod over at nasioc has a great write up on e85 and nos. I am thinking about getting one myself but I think I have to work on making my suspension components stronger before going that route before I bend or break something.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #223
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
sound about right but is this low tq we have that is killing performance or otherwise we would be with or pass SS times.

Also, I notice you had nos poor man. You know that ethanol already carry its own oxygen so when you do like 50 shot in return you will get like 90rwhp increase. Hotrod over at nasioc has a great write up on e85 and nos. I am thinking about getting one myself but I think I have to work on making my suspension components stronger before going that route before I bend or break something.
yeah, i hear e85 and nitrous is a happy marriage. lol I'm seriously considering it. I'll wait until you get the final tune all set and go from there.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #224
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
lol, you're killing me smalls. i have about 15 stations here with e85...only concern i have is longevity.

So all i have to do is ask vince for e85 tune, run gas as low as possible, and fill up e85, load tune, and i'm good to go?
if you have a intake then most likely vince will have to retune the whole thing since your fuel trim will be way off. So yhea, just try to get every drop of gas out the line then fill her up about 1/4 tank with e85.. for the first 1/4 tank dont run her too hard until you run that out then fill her up again and you are good to go. Going back to gas is not a problem since you can have as much as 30% ethanol mixed with gas on any tune but the tricky part is going back to ethanol where you really should not have more gas than ethanol or you will be running either rich or lean depending on how vince setup your e85 tune. Before you go e85 route I would invest in a datalogger if you already dont have one. Its very important to keep your data in check while on ethanol.

If you plan on doing it just pm me and I will try to help you as much as I can, but like I said before you might want to wait until I can get back on the dyno so I can verify the correct timing.