Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 08-04-2016, 01:23 PM   #1
RaySATX

Drives: Chevy Silverado
fuse block. ecm, ebcm relocation

here is a 2010 camaro i just finished relocating the fuse block, ecm and ebcm
Attached Images

RaySATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:40 PM   #2
CGbambam

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Real Question is, how much do you charge lol
CGbambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:43 PM   #3
MarZZ

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT
Plus 1 damn good job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MarZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #4
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:50 PM   #5
RaySATX

Drives: Chevy Silverado
to make room for the 454Lsx twin turbo set up
RaySATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:19 PM   #6
Stud45thSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss 45th anniversary
How much extending did you have to do, I want to do this eventually but wasn't sure how much wire is needed
Stud45thSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:44 PM   #7
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Depending on where you move them, it is more of shortening wires than lengthening them.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:00 PM   #8
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
I'm not sure I would move the fuse box to the glove box. I took a similar route but moved fuse box and ECU into the cabin filter area on my car.

Name:  IMG_4124.jpg
Views: 3250
Size:  84.8 KB
Old 10-30-2017, 10:04 PM   #9
Jayjellyfish212

Name:  IMG_4126.jpg
Views: 5719
Size:  105.4 KB
Old 10-30-2017, 10:10 PM   #10
Jayjellyfish212

Name:  IMG_4125.jpg
Views: 3141
Size:  43.3 KB
Old 10-30-2017, 11:56 PM   #11
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
I hid my fuse box, ABS, ECU, and line lock solenoid in the box in the passsenger rear corner. I made it two piece so I can take the front half off to get to things but both pieces are removable.

The fuse box is on a bracket that suspends it off the strut tower. If you remove the plastic piece (like you would to change the cabin filter) there is the fuse box. I also retained the cabin filter but it is a pain to replace now. If I were doing it again, I would have welded a piece over the cabin filter opening. If the engine ever comes out again, I will eliminate the cabin filter altogether.

The only wires I had to lengthen were some that go over to the driver's side. I also moved the positive battery cable from the driver's side of the trans tunnel and ran it down the passenger side. I no longer have a battery cable along the front edge of the oil pan.

Here is a thread about cleaning the clutter in the engine bay but many of the photos are gone due to photobucket's shenanigans.
Attached Images

blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:46 AM   #12
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
I hid my fuse box, ABS, ECU, and line lock solenoid in the box in the passsenger rear corner. I made it two piece so I can take the front half off to get to things but both pieces are removable.

The fuse box is on a bracket that suspends it off the strut tower. If you remove the plastic piece (like you would to change the cabin filter) there is the fuse box. I also retained the cabin filter but it is a pain to replace now. If I were doing it again, I would have welded a piece over the cabin filter opening. If the engine ever comes out again, I will eliminate the cabin filter altogether.

The only wires I had to lengthen were some that go over to the driver's side. I also moved the positive battery cable from the driver's side of the trans tunnel and ran it down the passenger side. I no longer have a battery cable along the front edge of the oil pan.

Here is a thread about cleaning the clutter in the engine bay but many of the photos are gone due to photobucket's shenanigans.

Chrome has a plugin fix for photobuckets BS. Google P500 chrome extension photobucket
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:27 AM   #13
*_ERIC_*
OMINOUS

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post

I know this is old af, but how did you cram it all in there? I'd definitely like to see better pictures.