Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-10-2011, 03:13 AM   #1
Bu3ali

Drives: Camaro LS3/RS, Cadillac CTS
Camaro LS3 best bolt-on setup ?

The setup would give me optimum performance if the cars sound is not an issue ?...

I'm thinking Kooks headers, Borla ATAK cat-back and CAI + Tune ?..

Does anyone have this setup ? or better ?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38228&dateline=134383  0129
Bu3ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:08 AM   #2
Phase V
Summer

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM w/ Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to Phase V Send a message via Yahoo to Phase V Send a message via Skype™ to Phase V
I'm having the headers and exhaust done once the parts are in. Tim from TandT is doing my install. I have the CAI already and I have the ADM scoop

Restoring or need parts for a Chevy. Look no further than Don's East Coast Restorations
Phase V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
sfgiantsfan9

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS and 2001 Ford F250
I have the OBX headers, Borla atak axleback because I wanted to keep the stock H-pipe in place, and a Halltech CAI and a tune so sounds pretty much like what you are after. It is a great setup. Sounds great and it really changes the whole feel of the car for the better.
sfgiantsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #4
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Just add the ADM scoop, VMax CNC throttle body, and Roto-Fab windshield fluid relo kit (if needed) and you will have a kick azz setup for sure!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Everybody has there own recommendation. Research a good CAI like Vararam, ADM or CAI with the ADM scoop, headers for top of the line would be Kooks or ARH, for a decent cost effective would be OBX, Doug Thorley or even the new Texas Speed longtubes, for catback go with one that has an Xpipe and straight through mufflers. Doug Thorley makes a nice system easy on the wallet for my 2 cents. Don't forget a good tuner and you will see a lot of them out here on the boards. Although maybe not in Kuwait!!

Good Luck!!
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #6
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
I had this setup on my car and took the borla atak cat back off because it was just too loud, I'm also running no cats so that makes it a bit louder. Just be prepared for how loud the car is going to be. I knew that the atak is a loud exhaust to start with but once the headers were on it was a different story, some may like it that loud but not for me. I loved the way the atak sounded when the car was i stock form but with headers just too loud for me.
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #7
east TX Muscle cars

Drives: 2x 05 Vettes/65'AC cobra/68 camaro
well the beast bang for the buck would be Headers/cai/axleback/tune that will get you 50-60 HP to the wheels. Let us know if we can help you with some parts!

we sell the ARH headers and kooks and also a LOCAL TX made brand Big Flow headers

Last edited by east TX Muscle cars; 02-10-2011 at 04:42 PM.
east TX Muscle cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
well i would go with ARH headers, LG headers or kooks. thats it. dont get OBX lets try to support american brands and economy
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #9
Bu3ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 2010 2SS/RS View Post
I had this setup on my car and took the borla atak cat back off because it was just too loud, I'm also running no cats so that makes it a bit louder. Just be prepared for how loud the car is going to be. I knew that the atak is a loud exhaust to start with but once the headers were on it was a different story, some may like it that loud but not for me. I loved the way the atak sounded when the car was i stock form but with headers just too loud for me.
The only reason that would make me want the car to not be loud is that we get police trouble around here regarding modifications. It sucks yeah, but most people don't give a damn.

Another "Slight" issue is the warranty. I still didn't get the car to 20,000KM and i got cover till 60K .. so its a bit confusing. but I am all to it if its worth it !

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38228&dateline=134383  0129
Old 02-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #10
Bu3ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
Everybody has there own recommendation. Research a good CAI like Vararam, ADM or CAI with the ADM scoop, headers for top of the line would be Kooks or ARH, for a decent cost effective would be OBX, Doug Thorley or even the new Texas Speed longtubes, for catback go with one that has an Xpipe and straight through mufflers. Doug Thorley makes a nice system easy on the wallet for my 2 cents. Don't forget a good tuner and you will see a lot of them out here on the boards. Although maybe not in Kuwait!!

Good Luck!!
Money is not really a major issue. Quality and performance is !!.

I need something that performs and doesn't require me to fiddle with it alot !

Old 02-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #11
Bu3ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase V View Post
I'm having the headers and exhaust done once the parts are in. Tim from TandT is doing my install. I have the CAI already and I have the ADM scoop

Please let me know how it works out for you !!

Seems that your getting what i want exactly

Old 02-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #12
Bu3ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post

Good Luck!!
The only guys i know that own camaro's still have them bone stock.

There is a Camaro club of some sort that is being established here .. i think i should join them to see what people have on their cars

Old 02-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #13
Bu3ali

What would you guys suggest that i add to this list so that i can pass a porsche turbo in a "light to light" run ?

Old 02-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #14
Josh@ARH

Drives: 2013 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
well i would go with ARH headers, LG headers or kooks. thats it. dont get OBX lets try to support american brands and economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bu3ali View Post
What would you guys suggest that i add to this list so that i can pass a porsche turbo in a "light to light" run ?
Im assuming you have a manual since you say you have a LS3. I would also add a set of gears to that list
Josh@ARH is offline   Reply With Quote