Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 07-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
Lightbulb Camaro5 Forza 3 Hot Lap challenge

I've come up with an idea for a little competition for people that play Forza 3 on Camaro 5.

This will be a weekly hot lap challenge where the winner of each week will pick the new car and track that the challenge will be played on.

The requirements will be:

*Picture of your PI (Performance Index, to ensure stock vehicle) and lap time.

*Must be cars included in the base game, no add-on tracks or cars, and no VIP only vehicles.

*Car picked must be completely STOCK

*Must play with all assists OFF (TCS, ABS, etc.) and Manual w/clutch. (I said It'd be a challenge, right?)

*Maximum of 3 LAPS. 1st lap to check out the course, next 2 and 3 to get your time. You may choose your best time out of laps 2 and 3.

To start it off, this week will be (since this IS Camaro5): Chevrolet Camaro 2010. Track is: Road America

Beat my time: 02:27.858

I will announce the winner and as I said, the winner will pick the next car and track for the following week.

The winner will be whoever has the fastest time at the end of week.

So what do you say, are you in?

Good Luck!

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

He told me that was the best damn answer he ever heard.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
I'm all for this, but since I use the controller (not wheel) I would like to request being able to forgo the clutch requirement.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrider01 View Post
I'm all for this, but since I use the controller (not wheel) I would like to request being able to forgo the clutch requirement.
Ill allow it since you just asked, but I'll let all you controller people in on a trick...

I myself use a controller, instead of using ONE finger for clutching and braking, use two. Place your index finger on the clutch button (left bumper) and place your middle finger on the brake (left trigger). After some practice you will be able to downshift thru turns and use the brake. You can also use the brake and have the clutch in, which works well with doing a burnout or just spinning the tires. It works really well after you get used to it.

I still use a controller mainly because when I do buy a steering wheel, it ain't gonna be cheap. I want one with a clutch, paddle shifter, force feedback wheel and pedals, and adjustable 900 degree turning radius.

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

Old 07-23-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Either you are a fast dude, or I just really hate Road America. Best I got was 2:30, so I will give you your due props. I really wish the track had been Laguna Seca, but I'm sure we'll race that one sometime in the future.

I love that I can recreate my car exactly in Forza. Best I can do to recreate my car in GT5 is an IBM with Cyber Gray stripes, and it only has the solid center stripe. Forza 3 is my favorite racing game, even after owning and playing all the GT series.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #5
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrider01 View Post
Either you are a fast dude, or I just really hate Road America. Best I got was 2:30, so I will give you your due props. I really wish the track had been Laguna Seca, but I'm sure we'll race that one sometime in the future.

I love that I can recreate my car exactly in Forza. Best I can do to recreate my car in GT5 is an IBM with Cyber Gray stripes, and it only has the solid center stripe. Forza 3 is my favorite racing game, even after owning and playing all the GT series.
Well, I am in the top %4 overall in the circuit leaderboard, top %1 overall for nurburgring nordshielife (however the hell you spell it) and I think with that lap time i got to top %7 in class B. So I don't know. I might be fast.

Ya, I love the customization factor in Forza 3. Hopefully in Forza 4 we can customize the interior with two-tone colors and aftermarket gauges. Maybe they'll let us have two tone rims too.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #6
Blake_GM

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS in IBM
Best I could do. But I do want to note I did not use clutch (but I do use manual) because I can't race with the clutch being a on/off button on the controller and I don't own a wheel and pedals. Just wanted to make that clear

Blake_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake_GM View Post
Best I could do. But I do want to note I did not use clutch (but I do use manual) because I can't race with the clutch being a on/off button on the controller and I don't own a wheel and pedals. Just wanted to make that clear

Looks like ya got me. Did you have all assists off too?

Old 07-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
Blake_GM

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS in IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2k4E View Post
Looks like ya got me. Did you have all assists off too?
Yep.

Did you notice how much more braking you can actually do with ABS off vs. when it is on? Yes, you lock up your brakes if you're not used to the braking of the car and go trigger happy with the brake bumper. But if you get used to the braking 'feel' you can brake much harder in turns and not lock them up.

A few months ago I used to race with ABS on and it was suggested I try it off, awesome difference. Just spend some time with it for anyone who still races with ABS on.
Blake_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #9
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
I'll try, but not using clutch, just manual.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:25 PM   #10
shank0668

You people are fast, i got 2:35, no abs kills me.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #11
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
You people are fast, i got 2:35, no abs kills me.
Don't worry man, just practice. I know it took me a few hot laps to get it down when I started using no assists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake_GM View Post
Yep.

Did you notice how much more braking you can actually do with ABS off vs. when it is on? Yes, you lock up your brakes if you're not used to the braking of the car and go trigger happy with the brake bumper. But if you get used to the braking 'feel' you can brake much harder in turns and not lock them up.

A few months ago I used to race with ABS on and it was suggested I try it off, awesome difference. Just spend some time with it for anyone who still races with ABS on.
With great skill, comes great rewards.

One day until the end of the 1st week people! Looks like Blake_GM is in the lead.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Alright Blake_GM, pick the next track and car for this week.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #13
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
What's the next challenge? I didn't know about the last one, but I really only play on one track, but I'd have a go at another. It's been a while

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #14
shank0668

Bump

Tags
challenge, competition, forza 3, hot lap