Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #43
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Thank you Jeff, much appreciated.

Sorry about the wait on my response. I got the information back your were looking for and the speed sensor goes off of the output shaft. With the vehicle in neutral and the engine reving the input shaft would cause a vibration in the output shaft that the speed sensor would translate into a speed that would be output on your instrument panel. This is also possible to happen in automatic transmission vehicles as well. If this happens to you it is considered normal for the vehicle. I hope that finally answers the question!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #44
n201mw

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
If you're speedometer indicates you're moving when you're not... don't get out of the car and leave the keys in the ignition... a friend of mine did that. His car locked him out with the auto door locks (the car thought it was moving). He had to call On Star to unlock it.
Wow! That sucks! Ive never left the keys in the ignition before and Ill make sure never to do it now!

Im glad my car isnt the only one that does this. Thanks everyone for the info. Thanks Jeff for looking into this too! We all appreciate it!
n201mw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #45
n201mw

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahdir View Post
Yep...

Yep...

after noticing a tenth of a mile change from when I parked the car, I got the camera and only revved it a bit past 2,000 rpms just to show the speedo move. It kinda pisses me off along with other glitches I can't replicate at the dealer like
  • the passenger side window being stuck down (happen once about a week ago)
  • heater blower not blowing hot air (happen once about 2 weeks after purchase)
  • iPhone disconnects or goes to static while in iPod mode (happens constantly since the OS 4.0+ updates)
I didnt know the mileage goes up too. Weird....
n201mw is offline   Reply With Quote