Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-16-2008, 11:12 AM   #29
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
asom vid. the song goes so good with it. altho i rather listen to the car heheh. good stuff either way
Old 03-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #30
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I have NEVER, repeat that: NEVER seen another car with this much presence on the road. Crucify me...but even the Corvette doesn't have as much as this car. The body lines, those haunches....

Every aspect...just looks magnificent.

EDIT: and I soooo love Firefox. I just saved that video to my laptop.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #31
byebyeImports

Drives: Crotch Rocket (GSXR)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I have NEVER, repeat that: NEVER seen another car with this much presence on the road. Crucify me...but even the Corvette doesn't have as much as this car. The body lines, those haunches....

Every aspect...just looks magnificent.

and Thank goodness. let's hear it for camera phones!
byebyeImports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #32
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
dragon u make such a vaild point. i have never seen a car so anticipated(sp?) before, like the camaro is now. the camaro was featured in a hit movie. its got a whole website dedicated to it. its got crowds of people around it EVERY time while at a autoshow. the car cant even last a hour on the road without people knowing what it is and being taken for pics and vids.

good job gm for maken this the most atticipated car ever
Old 03-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #33
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
It just gets mo' bettah
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #34
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
definately a "what not to do when you see a camaro and your on a bike" video. but, good video.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:55 PM   #35
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Okay new idea:

Next time one of these is spotted on the road or in a parking lot, get one of your friends who has a mustang and follow the Camaro around until you pull up at a stop light. Then proceed to rev the engine until the engineer is so shamed that he has to respond with a serious burnout. Finally post the video of this event on here so we can all live vicariously through the victory.

We should also get a really good shot of the back of the Camaro from this plan, but we might not see much of the front.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #36
Leroy808

Drives: 77' Camaro
hey all... thanks for all the great comments! im glad i was able to share part of this experience with you all.

if you guys have any questions that you think i might be able to answer id be happy to try.

as to all who were asking about the audio: the car is rather quiet. combine that with the wind noise there realy was nothing to hear.
Leroy808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:34 PM   #37
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
The Camaro is back, back in black! Sorry I had to.

Anyway, you can see from that video how the proportions seem to change on the car as it drives. It looks somewhat square from the rear but it seems to flatten out when looking at it from the front.

Also, seeing videos like this finally make the Camaro look like a real car. Its not just some show car or something in some grainy spyshots, but something real, that we will soon be able to buy.

One test that GM really needs to do is a tire durability test on the Camaro, and make a video for the masses to watch. Get a set of goodyears, and see how long of a burn out can be done before they pop. Repeat with other tire manufacturers. Oh, and include sound.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:46 PM   #38
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Wow that looks great. Wonder who those lucky GM employees are that get to test drive it.......

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #39
flaguy

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Spring Edition
Watched it 6 times now.

How many times have you guys watched it?
flaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:43 AM   #40
KevinK

Drives: '02 SS 345/M6 conv.
...It sure does look great in black
KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:32 PM   #41
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Major Props!

Great job on this video! Is it me, or is there another camaro in the waiting right by the first one that pulls out???
Take another look.
PEACE!
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #42
nikecar

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
HOLY *&^&*!!!! That just gave me freakin' goosbumps! And the song, c'mon now...how fitting was that!

And, btw, was it just me, or did anyone else notice the SECOND black Camaro parked next to the one that pulled out???
I thought I posted it before. There were a total of 3 camaros.. 2 black and the white one. There was also a new Hybrid Tahoe, and the Holden Lumina which is going to the Mid East as a Holden Commodore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchinCamaro View Post
There were actually 3 Camaro pre-productions there, the white one was there as well. The GM guys told him 1 was a V8 manual, 1 V8 auto, and 1 V6. He waited in the parking lot for a couple hours before the guys came out and started uncovering the cars, then followed them around until his camera ran out.
Then the white one was the v6, because when I saw the red-headed engineer, he said the cars there (only the 2 balck at the time) were v8's. Could explain the quiteness of the white one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
Okay new idea:

Next time one of these is spotted on the road or in a parking lot, get one of your friends who has a mustang and follow the Camaro around until you pull up at a stop light. Then proceed to rev the engine until the engineer is so shamed that he has to respond with a serious burnout. Finally post the video of this event on here so we can all live vicariously through the victory.

We should also get a really good shot of the back of the Camaro from this plan, but we might not see much of the front.
They have left town now... My pics will be up today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
OK, I know exactly where that hotel is. I'm on my way!!
too late. They left at 2pm on Friday.

considering the van driver was concerned about the Tahoe's size, I know a black camaro and the Holden were loaded up on the top. I assume the other 2 Camaros went to the front on the bottom, so that 2nd level flooring could get raised up so the Tahoe would fit on the last bottom spot.
Attached Images

nikecar is offline   Reply With Quote