Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-12-2015, 10:15 PM   #29
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Yes...spot on sir... because the OP wants a 2005 v6 Mustang. Continue on....good sir .

Look at 1LE Camaros, Boss Mustangs, Ls3 equppied C6 Vettes.

You just opened up Pandoras box you turd. We almost had you too...
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:59 PM   #30
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Hahaha I get what you're trying to say dweith and I appreciate your feed back. If I were to go gt500 the first thing I'd address would be the suspension. However boss vs 1le that could be an interesting idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #31
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Ran circles around them on the track, no thank you.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:39 AM   #32
crc91

Around what?

Old 10-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #33
dweith

Drives: 2013 2LS Victory Red
Should you go with the GT500 I wish you the best of luck with it, I found the Mustang to be more expensive to maintain; Ford likes to replace entire assemblies not just a failed part. A perfect example is the parking brake would freeze in cold weather due to a rusty cable. I used the parking brake religiously to keep it in good working order and it still failed due to wire corrosion; standard steel.

To fix the problem Ford would only sell the entire assembly from the brake handle with the cables all the way back to the rear wheels. The logical repair is to just replace the cable; the price of Ford's repair is about $450.

On the plus side there are tons of bolt on modifications for the Mustangs to make it go faster and handle better which makes it a great weekend toy car. The Camaro handles better, more horse power and is more comfortable to drive over long distances. I am a big kid, 6-3 & 275 so that is a big plus in my opinion.

Thee 2005 Mustang was my daily driver for 8 years prior to purchasing the 2013 2LS and I am so happy to be back in a Chevy.
dweith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:48 PM   #34
crc91

I agree with you the v6 camaro compared to a 05 v6 mustang is leaps and bounds ahead. But it's hardly fair to compare a car that's nearly 10 years newer. Plus in my opinion ford was slacking back then cause they didn't really have a competitor when chevy stop producing the camaro. But I bet if you drove a 14 or even a new 15 mustang v6 you'd see just how far a company can come in a short time. Take Hyundai for example they use to be a laughing stock. Now the hyundai genesis coupe is actually a car people are willing to buy. And they are fun cars! I did look at a 14 mustang v6 briefly but decided against it but because I was partial to the camaro due to it's muscular looks. I'm actually trying to talk my buddy into a 13-14 v6 stang. He's a mustang guy but has never really thought about a v6. The v6 engines today are nothing to sleep on, especially modded ones.

Old 10-13-2015, 03:50 PM   #35
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
OP ANY GT500 will be a fun car to own, be very reliable and a smart buy. And be as fast as your finances will allow. But as said before, as with with any FI 2WD V8 car, the GT500 has traction problems. Stick to you budget and shop around before buying.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:59 PM   #36
dweith

Drives: 2013 2LS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
I agree with you the v6 camaro compared to a 05 v6 mustang is leaps and bounds ahead. But it's hardly fair to compare a car that's nearly 10 years newer. Plus in my opinion ford was slacking back then cause they didn't really have a competitor when chevy stop producing the camaro. But I bet if you drove a 14 or even a new 15 mustang v6 you'd see just how far a company can come in a short time. Take Hyundai for example they use to be a laughing stock. Now the hyundai genesis coupe is actually a car people are willing to buy. And they are fun cars! I did look at a 14 mustang v6 briefly but decided against it but because I was partial to the camaro due to it's muscular looks. I'm actually trying to talk my buddy into a 13-14 v6 stang. He's a mustang guy but has never really thought about a v6. The v6 engines today are nothing to sleep on, especially modded ones.

Yes Ford has done a great job with catching up to Chevy with the latest versions of the Mustang. I did consider getting a newer version in 2013 and drove a 2014 model just as they hit the showroom floor. I then took the 2013 Camaro out for a spin and never looked back. The throttle response on the Camaro is still superior to the Mustang V6 automatic. With the Mustang unless on it off the line it seems to think about accelerating for a second or two before deciding to rev-up. That sure seems like a problem to me if you need the passing power while already going 45MPH.
dweith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:00 PM   #37
crc91

I don't doubt that! I wish one would pop up for sale near me so I could check it out in person.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:03 PM   #38
crc91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweith View Post
Yes Ford has done a great job with catching up to Chevy with the latest versions of the Mustang. I did consider getting a newer version in 2013 and drove a 2014 model just as they hit the showroom floor. I then took the 2013 Camaro out for a spin and never looked back. The throttle response on the Camaro is still superior to the Mustang V6 automatic. With the Mustang unless on it off the line it seems to think about accelerating for a second or two before deciding to rev-up. That sure seems like a problem to me if you need the passing power while already going 45MPH.

Did you try a performance pack auto? Those are pretty fun! My other friend has one (manual) and the gears really wake those cars up. However same can be said for the camaro. Kinda makes me want to put 3.91s in my car lol

Tags
gt500, supercharged, upgrade