Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Does it piss you off to see orders canceled for BS reasons?
Yes 70 31.82%
No 150 68.18%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2009, 06:57 AM   #43
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
I can care less what they do, it's just annoying when somebody with 5 posts says well sorry guys I've waited 2.5 years and I dont have my car and I didn't want to wait another month so I bought a Challenger/Mustang/Camry, whatever it may be. Then continue on to bash GM. The only good thing from that is now somebody else can get their quicker who didn't order. It's not that big of a deal to me overall since its their money and I can't tell them how to spend it...BUY A CAMARO!

Z06 is a different story and perfectly understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livestrong11 View Post
I have 2 good reasons for backing out of my order from November 10th Black 2SS/RS.
!) My dealer was horrible.
2) My brand new 2009 Z06(from a different dealer)
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:16 AM   #44
SS Vazz
It is what it is!

Drives: 2SS/RS Blacked out
I just want my car.......everyone has their right to do as they please......I'd like my car, please! I ordered it last year and am now @ 2051.......order accepted.
SS Vazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #45
livestrong11

Drives: Black 2009 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaZ View Post
I can care less what they do, it's just annoying when somebody with 5 posts says well sorry guys I've waited 2.5 years and I dont have my car and I didn't want to wait another month so I bought a Challenger/Mustang/Camry, whatever it may be. Then continue on to bash GM. The only good thing from that is now somebody else can get their quicker who didn't order. It's not that big of a deal to me overall since its their money and I can't tell them how to spend it...BUY A CAMARO!

Z06 is a different story and perfectly understandable.
i agree with you to wait that long for the camaro then to buy a stang or challenger is rediculous. my problem wasnt the waiting it was the being lied to by my dealer so i decided to stick it to him. i am so happy with my Z06 but i cant wait to se all you happy camaro drivers runnin around town in your sweet new rides.
livestrong11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #46
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
sometimes i wonder if the owner did actually backout.... I know that in the past when the SRT charger came out the dealer would order some in salesmans names to get it sooner and then turn around to make a bigger profit...

there was no actual customer that ordered, they just use that line....

now some orders may be true
Old 05-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #47
STRAYDOG

Drives: 66 427 Corvette, 07 C6,2011 LT2 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post
wow man.............do the soup cans in your house have to be stacked neatly with the labels all in the outward position?

they didn't wreck it, they just did their job..........
Agree Guess some need an extra cup of coffee
STRAYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #48
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
No it doesnt, the way I see it is the more people cancel the more I'll jump ahead in the line.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #49
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtG View Post
A lot of people are telling their dealers they dont want it prepped other than the PDI and that they want to be there for the PDI. If I told my dealer that and they prepped it anyway and/or did the PDI without me there it means hes not listening to what I'm telling him. I'll be d***ed if I'm going to give him or his dealership a paycheck for ignoring what I want.

This doesn't just apply for this car, this applies for any car. If I ask them to do something and they say they are going to do it but don't. I will walk away and find someone that can actually pay attention.
VERY TRUE!! VERY TRUE!!
I totally agree. I tell the dealer NOT to put any dealership badges on my car/truck OR (A) I will not accept it or (B) I want a 3k discount off my price for advertising their dealership on my car/truck. It's that simple.
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #50
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
"to each their own" what ever they do for what ever reasons

I know I love my car and am glad I didn't cancel for a number of reasons
Old 05-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #51
OrangeCruSSh

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2500HD Silverado
It's too bad if someone has lost their job and there financial situation has changed. Heck, the way I look at it...as long as their car wasn't built and they back out before the order is accepted by GM that moves me up closer to getting mine built! I hope everyone in front of me backs out! lol Means I get mine faster. I know...I'm selfish.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #52
meist5

Drives: 2010 camaro inferno orange 2ss
Orders

I am a GM dealer in Wisconsin. I have 5 allocated orders (2 sold and being built) I have my next order that will get pulled sometime this month and is available for sale and can be changed to anybodys specs (unless of constraints which we can't control exa. hurst shifter). If interested just email me at tjm@chevytownusa.com
meist5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:06 PM   #53
69beast
Account Suspended

Drives: 69 nova 67 hc mustang
I'd rather they do the preping because if I take the plastic off at home and somethings screwed up they could say I did it. I'm not all that concerned about the prep thing. I would be upset if they did the 2 things I'm going to ask they not do like no Dealer stickers on the car and no front license plate. I'd be pissed but would still take the car. it's not like I could get one the next day!
69beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:21 PM   #54
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
To each his own.

I love forums, but sometimes ignorance is bliss. You hear about all the issues and you think, "Oh man, look at all the problems............I am backing out, I would hate to get screwed".

It is the same thing over on the SKY and Solstice forums, and I have had my car for 2 and 1/2 years with very few issues and anything I did have, the dealer fixed and I moved on with my life. Forums are great, but what you read leads to paranoid delusions sometimes.

You cannot control what others do, so get your car and enjoy it. You do not spend time in life sweating what you have ZERO control over.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:30 PM   #55
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
I wish tons of people would cancell because then maybe I could get a deal on one.
Putting my selfish reasons aside I want GM to sell as many of these as they can. I want the Camaro to be around for many years to come.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:22 AM   #56
xxbrankxx

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
It's one thing to have to back out if you lose your job, or something else serious happens that you have no control over but if you just back out cause you get fed up with waiting then that's just craziness. Somebody's loss will be somebody's gain...These cars ain't gonna collect dust on the lots for awhile at least!