Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
tbis

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
Dealer got owned

I recently bought a brand new 2013 2ls camaro for 21500. List price was 25500 and my trade in was a 2004 liberty with 118000 miles that was handed down to me. They gave me an extremely generous 5 grand for it. It lowered my total price to 16500 plus tax.

But best of all as I was driving off the lot I open the glove box and find an invoice folded up with 4 things on it. Nitrogen tires, upgraded wheels, the ground effects package, and racing decal. Which raised the list price to 29500. My car came with the ground effects package and the racing stripe decal but not the upgraded wheels or tires. My true sticker was roughly 28000. Now I always loved the 5th gen camaro but didn't know every package that came with it and thought it was part of the car I was buying.

I was going to tell them but i remembered when I was talking down the price I saw a old man negotiate with another sales Rep. The old man said "I drive a hard bargain your going to have to thrown in a blue Chevy hat." The Rep says to the old man "I think I can work that out." He got nothing off the sticker except the rebate which is still taxed to hell by the communist state of Illinois.
I figured the dealerships screw people all the time why can't I do it to them. The other factor in my reasoning is that it's the sales rep's fault for not knowing his inventory. What would you have done?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

[SIZE="100"]
tbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
don't know about your state but in mine if THEY make a mistake in the paperwork they can call you back
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
i have re read this several times, and am not understanding what you are asking. maybe that means its time for me to go to bed.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
Its not your responsibility to know the cost of the car. I wouldnt say a thing
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #5
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Trust me they knew. Odds are they didn't say anything so you would think they didn't and walk away from the table thinking you got the better end of the deal. That way, next time you need a car, you'll go back to them. Part of being a successful dealership is making sure your customers walk away convinced they got the better end of the deal, regardless of whether that is true or not.

Happened to me when I traded in my Lexus SC430 for the Camaro. My convertible roof was broken with ~$3000 fix according to Lexus. Apparently during the appraisal they "didn't notice" the roof was broken and offered me what I thought was a great trade in. In reality, they probably diagnosed the problem as something easy to fix, didnt tell me it was an easy fkx and pretended to not notice it was broken, that way I walked away thinking I got em.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #6
tbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
Trust me they knew. Odds are they didn't say anything so you would think they didn't and walk away from the table thinking you got the better end of the deal. That way, next time you need a car, you'll go back to them. Part of being a successful dealership is making sure your customers walk away convinced they got the better end of the deal, regardless of whether that is true or not.

Happened to me when I traded in my Lexus SC430 for the Camaro. My convertible roof was broken with ~$3000 fix according to Lexus. Apparently during the appraisal they "didn't notice" the roof was broken and offered me what I thought was a great trade in. In reality, they probably diagnosed the problem as something easy to fix, didnt tell me it was an easy fkx and pretended to not notice it was broken, that way I walked away thinking I got em.
The sales rep was only there for 2 weeks

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

[SIZE="100"]
Old 04-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #7

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
...Go back...tell them you got screwed...you want the tires and wheels that they took off...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
tbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...Go back...tell them you got screwed...you want the tires and wheels that they took off...lol...
I should haha. wondering if I would win in court with that invoice proving they only installed half of it.

[SIZE="100"]
Old 04-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #9
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbis View Post
The sales rep was only there for 2 weeks

He may have only been there two weeks, but he (and the rest of the employees) weren't born two weeks ago. No way they inspected, detailed, prepped the car without knowing about that sheet and what it said. No way they just "didn't notice" the GFX kit. The dealer knows what it was doing.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #10
tbis

My jeep was in bad shape and didn't start for like 5 mins before I went over to the dealership. I was so happy when it started up for the dealership test drive.

[SIZE="100"]
Old 04-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #11
tbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
He may have only been there two weeks, but he (and the rest of the employees) weren't born two weeks ago. No way they inspected, detailed, prepped the car without knowing about that sheet and what it said. No way they just "didn't notice" the GFX kit. The dealer knows what it was doing.
I will say the gfx package wasn't installed the best. Looks like a tiny bit of super glue was used on the front passenger side. Pretty sloppy in my opinion But nothing easily visible. I even had to give my car back for a day for them to buff out a door ding that occurred while it was on the lot.
This particular dealership is in the middle of being bought by a larger dealership chain in town. I thought with all that going on it possibly slipped by them.

[SIZE="100"]
Old 04-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #12
CamarosThree

Drives: 2010 SSRS 97 Camaro SS 1969 Camaro
Whatever makes you feel good.......
Old 04-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #13
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Sweet deal don't what would do well since they can call you back I wouldn't say nothing because you got a steal nomatter what
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #14
slomaro3.4

Drives: SS/RS L99 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbis View Post
My jeep was in bad shape and didn't start for like 5 mins before I went over to the dealership. I was so happy when it started up for the dealership test drive.

My Firebird that I traded in may or may not have had chocolate milkshake coolant before I traded it in. I flushed it and all was well. But when I had my Camaro back for the stripes I was talking to the service manager and apparently they had to do head gaskets before it was sold.