Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-08-2015, 10:49 AM   #1
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Guns.....who would have thought.....

They would bring a family closer? Now I know to some of you that sounds silly and most of the time you read anything about guns, it's usually a bad thing that happened. What about all of the good that happens because of firearms? The sniper would took out the guy with the RPG about ready to fire on his platoon? The police officer who drew his weapon in the line of duty to take the murderer off the streets? The single mother who pulled a gun on an intruder to protect her children? It's not all bad news, but that's all you'll hear in the press. Well, a situation happened with my youngest daughter a while back that started bad. My daughter had been out to walk her dog and her next door neighbor had been out with his wife and his dogs. While passing each other the neighbor's dogs began to attack my daughters dogs. His dogs were not on a leash. My daughter told him to call his dogs off only to get a f#$% you, reply. My daughter got upset and once again told him to call his dogs off. The guy and my daughter got into a verbal confrontation with the guy started calling may daughter a fat b#$% and said he was going to kill her and her kids. WTF?! So the cops were called and they said they couldn't do anything because he didn't say what he was going to kill her with. Huh?! So it was considered just a verbal confrontation and that was it. The guy came by later so try to apologize stating that he had been drinking as was pissed about something, bla, bla, bla. My daughter wasn't going to hear it! You don't threaten someone with death and think a "sorry" will cover that. Being a father and loving my daughter as much as I do (as anyone of us do) I was going to break down his door and beat the ever loving sh#t out of him but fortunately cools heads prevailed. So my daughter decided to get a gun because in this time and age you don't know what people are capable of. She got the gun and she and I have been going to the gun range together to try and hone her skills. We would hang out together from time to time but never really had anything in common. This incident had a positive ending because now that she's into this, we hang out and talk more and it has brought us closer. The guy has left her alone since then but I'm sure that piece on her side is great deterrent. Just trying to bring out the positive to an otherwise bad situation.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #2
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Interesting story, family time, Nice...
Old 06-08-2015, 11:25 AM   #3
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Hobbies bring families together.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:21 PM   #4
_sleepy_
Kitten Mittens

Drives: 2010 1SS M6
paragraphs man
Old 06-09-2015, 11:12 PM   #5
CamarosThree

Drives: 2010 SSRS 97 Camaro SS 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by _sleepy_ View Post
paragraphs man
LOL
Old 06-10-2015, 02:26 AM   #6
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
Always good to teach your kids... that way they can give you Overwatch support!

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:21 PM   #7
Godon Hutchinson

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Imperial Blue Metallic
My daughter and wife love shooting, and knowing they can protect themselves if need be.
Attached Images

Godon Hutchinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:30 PM   #8
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I've meet some of my best friends through firearms. You should tell her not to lean back, bad posture.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:20 AM   #9
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
Women always lean like that... its weird and cant be comfortable

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:44 PM   #10
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Yeah, my daughter and I have really been getting into it and knowing she can protect herself, and her family, helps me sleep better. My wife is a little reluctant to let me get an M4 type assault rifle but I'm slowly changing her mind. Nice gun, by the way.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 02:17 PM   #11
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Strangely enough my very petite 15 yo who's super shy and scared of just about eveything got into shooting. Shoots her bows, is into knife throwing and wants to start flinging a hatchet too.

She informed me she will be concealed carrying at 21 so we headed to the big-boy-toy-store and she picked out a North American Arms Black Widow. Its like watching a kitten get her Rambo on.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:11 PM   #12
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdog View Post
Women always lean like that... its weird and cant be comfortable
They really do. I've noticed with my sister and my girlfriend. I'm working on breaking their habits.

Range time is always good bonding OP.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:49 AM   #13
raiderfan59701

Drives: red 2014 2ss

Love to go shooting with my girls!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
raiderfan59701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:50 AM   #14
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
It is awesome to see youth out shooting and through the years have thoroughly enjoyed spending time with my kids doing it.

But also consider that a firearm can get you into as much trouble as it can get you out of.

If you own, shoot, carry a firearm you have the responsibility of knowing how to be safe, knowing the Local and Federal laws, what you can and cannot do, for your own safety and others. Especially if you are a Father taking youth out to shoot. Go to at least one safety class, you will be surprised at what you will learn.

Never have your finger on the trigger or in the trigger guard unless you are on target preparing to shoot, it only takes once.

An assault rifle is a select fire rifle or machine gun. The AR is a Armalite Rifle named after who originally designed/made it. The liberal media would have us brainwashed to believe otherwise because it sounds more menacing in their reports, thus furthering the gun grabbers agenda.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote