Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-28-2017, 09:57 PM   #29
marknagy13
Markoon13

Drives: Camaro 2SS
There are plenty of lawyers who will do it for $100! Check this out
Old 04-28-2017, 10:18 PM   #30
n813ca

Drives: 2106 SS
Hire a lawyer

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
n813ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:46 PM   #31
Odd Jobb

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS1
Hey Man, try this app,,, "off the record" ,,, Lawyers will fight to get you to pick them at the lowest price to cover your ticket!!,,,,,,,,,, Give it a try!!
Odd Jobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:47 PM   #32
n813ca

Drives: 2106 SS
What App

n813ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:48 AM   #33
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Good to know, thanks! What was your method for searching & selecting a lawyer, especially if you get a ticket in a state or county you don't live in and are not familiar with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerman27410 View Post
There is a loophole in VA law i found out about after my last ticket there.... if your speedometer is off by as little as 1 mph a "local" lawyer is your best bet and can usually get the ticket changed to a mechanical something or other which in my case equaled a 25.00 fine. The weird thing the lawyer told me the speedo can even read FASTER than indicated and the same thing applies.. just one mph off..... and every car out there will fail this test.

50 bucks for me to take the car to an official testing facility and obtaining an "official" report from the testing agency that i forwarded to my lawyer.... I didnt even have to appear in court at all. 300.00 lawyer 25.00 fine (lawyer took care of everything) and a 50.00 speedo test.....375.00 for making a 74 in a 55 just disappear.

You definitely want to get a lawyer... preferably local to the court . I found out the hard way years ago that DA's and Judges do not like you to self represent as it portrays a general lack of respect for their profession....IE in how long they went to school and how much they paid to go to school and you think you can walk in and represent yourself? Never go to court without a lawyer.... its worth every penny.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:32 AM   #34
Odd Jobb

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by n813ca View Post
What App

Off The Record <<< Find it at the App Store
Odd Jobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:33 PM   #35
MotownBoy

Drives: 2017 2SS Stick Hyper Blue
Attorney is the only rational answer. Actually 1200 bucks for an attorney does not sound all that bad to me...if he knows what he is doing.

The word "criminal" in your description elevates the ticket a big bunch.

I'd rather pay 1200 bucks for an experienced attorney known & respected by the courts than 100 for a "dial me up" type.

You get what you pay for.
MotownBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:46 PM   #36
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownBoy View Post
Attorney is the only rational answer. Actually 1200 bucks for an attorney does not sound all that bad to me...if he knows what he is doing.

The word "criminal" in your description elevates the ticket a big bunch.

I'd rather pay 1200 bucks for an experienced attorney known & respected by the courts than 100 for a "dial me up" type.

You get what you pay for.
Saul Goodman!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:35 PM   #37
Racerman27410

Drives: 2016 SS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraph View Post
Good to know, thanks! What was your method for searching & selecting a lawyer, especially if you get a ticket in a state or county you don't live in and are not familiar with?
I just called the clerk of court phone number that was on the ticket and the nice lady gave the name of two different lawyers that frequented that court for traffic violations..... Both guys were priced almost exactly the same for representing speeding tickets.
Racerman27410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:23 PM   #38
CamarosThree

Drives: 2010 SSRS 97 Camaro SS 1969 Camaro
Why would you not just accept responsibility for your actions, plead guilty, and deal with the consequences? Pleading not guilty to a violation you readily admit to as being guilty doesn't make sense to me.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:46 PM   #39
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamarosThree View Post
Why would you not just accept responsibility for your actions, plead guilty, and deal with the consequences? Pleading not guilty to a violation you readily admit to as being guilty doesn't make sense to me.
Because this is America. You are innocent until proven guilty and you have the right to council.

That's not just lip service, it's the constitution.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:34 PM   #40
Oldfart

Drives: Silverado, V-70 R
Quote:
I'll assume you've never gotten a ticket for anything? I'm a pro LEO guy, but BS tickets are given out everyday. My favorite spots are where the speed limit drops from 55 to 25 for no reason on a rural road & there just so happens to be a cop there to give everyone presents. I would ask why you would NOT want to minimize damage from a ticket?
Oldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:37 PM   #41
CamarosThree

Drives: 2010 SSRS 97 Camaro SS 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
I'll assume you've never gotten a ticket for anything? I'm a pro LEO guy, but BS tickets are given out everyday. My favorite spots are where the speed limit drops from 55 to 25 for no reason on a rural road & there just so happens to be a cop there to give everyone presents. I would ask why you would NOT want to minimize damage from a ticket?
I've had plenty of tickets over the years. 93 in a 55 may be a BS ticket to you, but it's not to me.
Besides, this thread in not about bs tickets. It's about, or at least it should be, accountability. The OP admits to the speed he was cited for.
The consequences associated with the violation should be proportional to the seriousness of the violation and should serve to influence behavior in the future. I don't believe they should be minimized.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:16 PM   #42
fastball
Banned

Quote:
I've had plenty of tickets over the years. 93 in a 55 may be a BS ticket to you, but it's not to me.
Besides, this thread in not about bs tickets. It's about, or at least it should be, accountability. The OP admits to the speed he was cited for.
The consequences associated with the violation should be proportional to the seriousness of the violation and should serve to influence behavior in the future. I don't believe they should be minimized.
You were the tattle tale in 5th grade that everyone picked on, weren't you?